Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 19:13 - Dec 18 with 16020 views1983

https://www.peoplescollection.wales/discover/tags/57298

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 12:32 - Dec 19 with 1947 views1983

The thing I think with Reading that day was it was the perfect storm it was lovely warm day,short journey on the p!ss up the M4,most Swansea City fans knew there would be trouble that day and it soon became apparent as we arrived in Reading the police had no control way before the match started and a lot of Swansea fans sensed it.Not really a violent day with opposition fans but a big take the p!ss day

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 13:28 - Dec 19 with 1892 viewspencoedjack

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 11:29 - Dec 19 by sainthelens

Inside a ground, maybe not. But around the grounds...plenty. Bristol Rovers (a) eastville late 70s, Ashton Gate, few years later running battles in their park next to ground. Upton Park fa cup...outside before game carnage. Plymouth away 90s. All the above involved both sets of fans. Many more examples. Elm park was bit one way traffic.

Eastville always a pleasant trip.
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 13:46 - Dec 19 with 1879 viewssainthelens

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 13:28 - Dec 19 by pencoedjack

Ha, chances are we were shoulder to shoulder buddy.
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 13:58 - Dec 19 with 1870 viewsWarwickHunt

Anyone remember Gaffer's face taking up the front page of one of the tabloids when he ran away with some bird? Early/mid 70s.

Romeo Elopes or something was the headline. He wasn't exactly Brad Pitt and the number 1 from Bert's didn't help...
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 14:18]
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 14:39 - Dec 19 with 1844 viewsbuilthjack

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 13:28 - Dec 19 by pencoedjack

Loved that ground. Greyhound track, huge bank, wooden stand( which burnt down)
A proper old ground

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 14:43 - Dec 19 with 1837 viewsLoyal

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 14:39 - Dec 19 by builthjack

Loved that ground. Greyhound track, huge bank, wooden stand( which burnt down)
A proper old ground

I know Chris Brown fairly well, lovely bloke, always hated coming to the vetch, he was before my time but like many others always puts Swansea way ahead of Cardiff.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 14:55 - Dec 19 with 1823 viewsGowerjack

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 12:32 - Dec 19 by 1983

The thing I think with Reading that day was it was the perfect storm it was lovely warm day,short journey on the p!ss up the M4,most Swansea City fans knew there would be trouble that day and it soon became apparent as we arrived in Reading the police had no control way before the match started and a lot of Swansea fans sensed it.Not really a violent day with opposition fans but a big take the p!ss day

I went up with Tracey and the gang from the Garibaldi.

I recall we drove past Reading on the M4 and went in from the direction of London as the police were blocking the usual junction.

So about 50 of us pile into this boozer just the landlord behind the bar who very quickly lost the plot once Madness went on the jukebox called the police and off we went.

Was a hell of a day out...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 14:55 - Dec 19 with 1825 viewsAguycalledJack

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 10:34 - Dec 19 by 1983

The police lost total control that day and then hit the panic button,someone high must have had their arse kicked.

Reading AFC got sued after on the grounds of failing to fulfill a duty of care. The grounds of the action were that the ground was in such a state of disrepair that it allowed Swansea fans to riot and use crumbling terracing as missiles.

I’m also in there somewhere.
Login to get fewer ads

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 15:03 - Dec 19 with 1808 viewspencoedjack

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 14:43 - Dec 19 by Loyal

I know Chris Brown fairly well, lovely bloke, always hated coming to the vetch, he was before my time but like many others always puts Swansea way ahead of Cardiff.

His book is an excellent read about football/fashion/music in the late 70s early 80s.
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 15:18 - Dec 19 with 1787 viewsbyron

Yeah....love it😂😂...nice bit of red snapper pls

Benny

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 15:23 - Dec 19 with 1794 viewsgiantstoneater

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 19:52 - Dec 18 by sherpajacob

The elm park riot. 1993?

I'm on that terrace somewhere, can't find myself though. Young, slim, good looking with a fine head of hair.

The 25 years since have not been kind.

One of the few occasions I felt ashamed of being a Swans fan our colours dragged through the mud by idiots a pox on them all.
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 16:35 - Dec 19 with 1739 viewsGaryjack

I'm in the pic outside the Singleton pub. Middle of the pic blond hair.
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 16:53 - Dec 19 with 1711 viewsbyron

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 16:35 - Dec 19 by Garyjack

I'm in the pic outside the Singleton pub. Middle of the pic blond hair.

What year was that? Late 70’s?

Benny

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 16:56 - Dec 19 with 1710 viewsGaryjack

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 16:53 - Dec 19 by byron

What year was that? Late 70’s?

81 V Chelsea. Year we got promoted.
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 17:36 - Dec 19 with 1685 viewsLoyal

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 11:19 - Dec 19 by TailGunner

I've seen plenty of problems in the years prior & after that game - but worse?
Have you got any examples that were worse than Elm Park - I'm genuinely intrigued?

A few months later when we tore Cardiff's ground apart and a few of their pubs outside was a decent second.

Edit ...
Plymouth away as already stated, their town took one hell of a beating. Never rated them.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 17:38]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 17:39 - Dec 19 with 1671 viewsbyron

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 17:36 - Dec 19 by Loyal

A few months later when we tore Cardiff's ground apart and a few of their pubs outside was a decent second.

Edit ...
Plymouth away as already stated, their town took one hell of a beating. Never rated them.

You really scared a few office workers in the owain and some children in the ground that day. Any crew worthy of there salt would have joined the 100’s of Cardiff in the pitch. Shitouts

Benny

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 17:40 - Dec 19 with 1679 viewsLoyal

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 15:18 - Dec 19 by byron

Yeah....love it😂😂...nice bit of red snapper pls

His book is written by someone who can actually read and write ...
Unlike some.

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 17:45 - Dec 19 with 1666 viewsLoyal

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 17:39 - Dec 19 by byron

You really scared a few office workers in the owain and some children in the ground that day. Any crew worthy of there salt would have joined the 100’s of Cardiff in the pitch. Shitouts

Here we go, another excuse, but as I have always said it's in Cardiff, always in Cardiff. And right before the game. The Ninian, what's your excuse for that being routed ? Wrong crisps on sale or were you all having tea at Rivers shag pad 😂What more can we do than knock on your door and say ... Hi honey I'm home ?
More excuses than a defence solicitors note book.

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 17:50 - Dec 19 with 1646 viewsWarwickHunt

With good reason. Read his honest account of Rovers at the Vetch.

That was a fun day.
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 17:54 - Dec 19 with 1642 views1462jack

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 17:50 - Dec 19 by WarwickHunt

With good reason. Read his honest account of Rovers at the Vetch.

That was a fun day.

I know the skinhead he was talking about
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 18:10 - Dec 19 with 1622 views1462jack

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 14:55 - Dec 19 by Gowerjack

I went up with Tracey and the gang from the Garibaldi.

I recall we drove past Reading on the M4 and went in from the direction of London as the police were blocking the usual junction.

So about 50 of us pile into this boozer just the landlord behind the bar who very quickly lost the plot once Madness went on the jukebox called the police and off we went.

Was a hell of a day out...

TAlking of madness any one popping up to our capital to watch them this Friday ?
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 18:19 - Dec 19 with 1602 viewsGowerjack

100's of Cardif on the pitch?

You obviously weren't there buddy.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 18:47 - Dec 19 with 1554 viewssainthelens

Ah yes, the Cardiff 100s. Only if there are a dozen in opposition. You been reading Anus too long pal.
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 18:51 - Dec 19 with 1542 viewsbyron

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 17:45 - Dec 19 by Loyal

Here we go, another excuse, but as I have always said it's in Cardiff, always in Cardiff. And right before the game. The Ninian, what's your excuse for that being routed ? Wrong crisps on sale or were you all having tea at Rivers shag pad 😂What more can we do than knock on your door and say ... Hi honey I'm home ?
More excuses than a defence solicitors note book.

So the police just let you walk there did they? Hhhmmmm I smell something

Benny

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 19:00 - Dec 19 with 1526 views1983

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 17:36 - Dec 19 by Loyal

Edit ...

That’s when we went to The Noah’s Ark pub in the town centre and a few of their boys were in there doing their best to disguise themselves as pub furniture,then they were asked to leave “their” pub by us and they did pretty sharpish 😂

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024