Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talk Sport 20:47 - Dec 19 with 775 viewsokeh_for_some

On tonight’s Talk Sport, Adrian Durham said although he understood Blackpool fans have been through tough times, he believed we had spoiled Solihoor Moors big day out. Last night’s attendance was only half the one at the home game a week or so earlier. It’s a good example of pundits not really getting why fans stay away and of the boycott hurting more than just Oyston.
Talk Sport on 22:04 - Dec 19 with 760 viewsspell_chekker

We spoiled their big day out???

There's a bit more to it than that.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Talk Sport on 23:14 - Dec 19 with 751 viewsLala

Talk Sport on 22:04 - Dec 19 by spell_chekker

We spoiled their big day out???

There's a bit more to it than that.

I think it boils down to what means everything to our fans is actually just a fleeting headline to the majority of people,and they have little knowledge and even less concern about the intricacies.

We probably don't expect that because of the intensity of the situation on our own doorstep.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Talk Sport on 23:37 - Dec 19 with 748 viewstonysoprano

Talk Sport on 23:14 - Dec 19 by Lala

I think it boils down to what means everything to our fans is actually just a fleeting headline to the majority of people,and they have little knowledge and even less concern about the intricacies.

We probably don't expect that because of the intensity of the situation on our own doorstep.

Got to say I think we are losing a lot of goodwill at the moment . A lot of smaller clubs than ours are losing vital revenue if they play us due to the boycott . They may not forgive us for this .
Talk Sport on 05:08 - Dec 20 with 736 viewsHannibal

Talk Sport on 23:37 - Dec 19 by tonysoprano

Got to say I think we are losing a lot of goodwill at the moment . A lot of smaller clubs than ours are losing vital revenue if they play us due to the boycott . They may not forgive us for this .

The trouble is people in general like to simplify things when it comes to football. It’s trying to get them to understand or CARE about what’s been happening for so long. I firmly believe our situation is unique and that’s the problem when trying to get it across to outsiders. And there’s a lot of thick idiots out there too that doesn’t help.

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Talk Sport on 07:00 - Dec 20 with 731 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Durham knows the score, He's just a grade 1 WUM.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Talk Sport on 12:41 - Dec 20 with 718 viewsokeh_for_some

Talk Sport on 07:00 - Dec 20 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Durham knows the score, He's just a grade 1 WUM.

Yes, Durham's a WUM but I also think we delude oursleves in thinking the football world is behind our fight. I work 30 miles from Blackpool and just about every fan of another club I speak to doesn't have the faintest inkling of what's going on (and really doesn't care).
Talk Sport on 14:02 - Dec 20 with 711 viewsspell_chekker

Talk Sport on 12:41 - Dec 20 by okeh_for_some

Yes, Durham's a WUM but I also think we delude oursleves in thinking the football world is behind our fight. I work 30 miles from Blackpool and just about every fan of another club I speak to doesn't have the faintest inkling of what's going on (and really doesn't care).

There was a similar theme / complaint when we played Exeter

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Talk Sport on 22:52 - Dec 20 with 693 viewsROTTWEILERS

Talk Sport on 12:41 - Dec 20 by okeh_for_some

Okeh 👍

Our fanbase is an echo chamber and our internet goons are an echo chamber within an echo chamber. The only other fans that get it are the nerdy types who, if they were into music, would be trying in vain to extoll the virtues of Belgian drum and bass to their pop-loving friends. Nobody gives a monkeys.... YET

Durham is a WUM extraordinaire though.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Login to get fewer ads

Talk Sport on 23:13 - Dec 20 with 692 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Talk Sport on 22:52 - Dec 20 by ROTTWEILERS

Okeh 👍

Our fanbase is an echo chamber and our internet goons are an echo chamber within an echo chamber. The only other fans that get it are the nerdy types who, if they were into music, would be trying in vain to extoll the virtues of Belgian drum and bass to their pop-loving friends. Nobody gives a monkeys.... YET

Durham is a WUM extraordinaire though.

Not progressed passed traditional Mongolian folk music. You've not lived until you've heard a grand horse-head fiddle solo.

There's a cracking story told by one of the talk-sport match day presenters, where one of Durhams wind ups calling a boxer a bum, really backfired on him. However I can't at this moment remember either the presenter or boxers names.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Talk Sport on 10:41 - Dec 21 with 679 viewsROTTWEILERS

Talk Sport on 23:13 - Dec 20 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Not progressed passed traditional Mongolian folk music. You've not lived until you've heard a grand horse-head fiddle solo.

There's a cracking story told by one of the talk-sport match day presenters, where one of Durhams wind ups calling a boxer a bum, really backfired on him. However I can't at this moment remember either the presenter or boxers names.

BBTRR 😂

Our situation encompasses so many more themes than just football and Durham is being [deliberately I suspect] narrow in this stated opinion here. We mustn't fall into that trap as I feel our best shot at achieving our aim is to 'widen the lens' if that makes sense? Fellow football fans have their own clubs to worry about and banging on to BFC attendees is an exercise in futility if ever there was one.

The BFC/EFL story is one of corruption, power, class, women's rights and criminality - to name a few themes. To deliberately restrict the discussion to simply football is completely missing the point. If a church was being desecrated in the same manner as OO has done to BFC, there would be uproar but it appears football fans can swivel.

Sermon over. Durham, your wind up has worked

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Talk Sport on 16:07 - Dec 21 with 674 viewskophero

Talk Sport on 05:08 - Dec 20 by Hannibal

The trouble is people in general like to simplify things when it comes to football. It’s trying to get them to understand or CARE about what’s been happening for so long. I firmly believe our situation is unique and that’s the problem when trying to get it across to outsiders. And there’s a lot of thick idiots out there too that doesn’t help.

Talk Sport is lowest common denominator radio and gets listeners who hear what they want to hear. And Durham is just trying for a reaction with everything he says. It's easier than thinking and coming up with a rational argument.
Talk Sport on 17:32 - Dec 21 with 667 viewsspell_chekker

Talk Sport on 16:07 - Dec 21 by kophero

Talk Sport is lowest common denominator radio and gets listeners who hear what they want to hear. And Durham is just trying for a reaction with everything he says. It's easier than thinking and coming up with a rational argument.

I've never listened to it.

It sounds like the sports' radio equivalent to the gutter press.

Talk Sport on 17:41 - Dec 21 with 664 viewsjanegallagher

Talk Sport on 17:32 - Dec 21 by spell_chekker

I've never listened to it.

It sounds like the sports' radio equivalent to the gutter press.

It’s awful, permanent adverts.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024