Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? 16:01 - Jan 28 with 5741 viewsChief

Persistent James and Bony rumours, ones regarding Fer now appearing. Will he be this deadline day's Fernandez?

Only speculation they are mind, but that's 3 first team players, and there's absolutely no sign of anyone coming in.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 18:52 - Jan 28 with 2107 viewsmonmouth

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 17:31 - Jan 28 by Croftyjack

Self sufficiency..wtf even is that in football
Lucky Man.city, and all the other top teams didn't think like that ..half the players would have nowhere to go
It's football and as fans should only care about our squad and it's easy to say bonus not playing, Fer isn't great etc etc...what will our team be made up of lol ..cos I don't see anyone currently in the u23s this season being ready.

Yeah, we're just like Man City and the other top teams.

And the 'fans' like you should never be concerned with the future existence of their club, just the mercenary transient nobodies on the pitch.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 18:59 - Jan 28 with 2087 viewsBadlands

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:44 - Jan 28 by Headmaster

Fact is, the owners said we were building a team based on youth for the long term. If we sell James now, that goes against what they said and is a slap in the face to Potter. Bony, Narsingh, and Dyer should all leave before James. And it's misleading to say we need to sell him - if we don't sell and nobody comes in, then we won't be worse off. If we sell him and bring nobody in with sufficient quality to replace him, then we'll definitely be worse off. Same goes for Fer.

And speaking of Fer, I've criticised him in the past, particularly in the Premier League, but he has improved in recent games as have the whole team. We're on a good run in the FA Cup and have the chance to move towards the play off places too. Why risk damaging the squad in the middle of the season when we can sort the business out in the summer?

The possible James transfer will be outside the control of the board - if Bielsa is determined and the player wants the move he'll be going. All we can do is set a price that stiffs the Leeds.
James won't be he first in this position nor the last.
But it does offer another angle to use against the shareholders.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 22:06 - Jan 28 with 1939 viewsCroftyjack

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 18:52 - Jan 28 by monmouth

And the 'fans' like you should never be concerned with the future existence of their club, just the mercenary transient nobodies on the pitch.

Do you really believe all the board tell you??? we are in a better place than most in this league.. theres a balance between getting rid of the high earners and developing a team for the future...we seem happy to sell all...im a fan and want the best team possible...It seems to be taking forever for fans to understand what is going on at the club!!!
Happy no I'm f**king livid the way were being treated but ppl like you are happy being shafted up the jacksy, like thousands of others.
Like I said in my reply to you there is not many championship players in the u23...so we end up going down then the board can keep repeating by moving on the players on championship wages...you have to draw it somewhere and we should be at that level now with 3 or 4 moving on(Bony,Narsingh,Dyer)..
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 22:09 - Jan 28 with 1924 viewsAngelRangelQS

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 22:06 - Jan 28 by Croftyjack

Do you really believe all the board tell you??? we are in a better place than most in this league.. theres a balance between getting rid of the high earners and developing a team for the future...we seem happy to sell all...im a fan and want the best team possible...It seems to be taking forever for fans to understand what is going on at the club!!!
Happy no I'm f**king livid the way were being treated but ppl like you are happy being shafted up the jacksy, like thousands of others.
Like I said in my reply to you there is not many championship players in the u23...so we end up going down then the board can keep repeating by moving on the players on championship wages...you have to draw it somewhere and we should be at that level now with 3 or 4 moving on(Bony,Narsingh,Dyer)..

You really think we’ll go down this season if we sell Fer?
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 22:12 - Jan 28 with 1893 viewsLeonWasGod

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 18:52 - Jan 28 by monmouth

It's never good when we start selling our future though Mon. You must see why people will be very pissed off if Dan James goes.

Although yes, the club is bigger than any player. Lose Dan and Fer and the team will be weaker, that's the bottom line. Unless there's a signing or two coming in who are better than them. I'm not holding my breath over that.
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 22:14 - Jan 28 with 1879 viewsOldjack

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 22:06 - Jan 28 by Croftyjack

I'm with you on this apart from the going down bit ,

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 22:17 - Jan 28 with 1869 viewsjasper_T

People said we had no Championship players in the u23s last summer as well.
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 22:47 - Jan 28 with 1769 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:34 - Jan 28 by Chief

The way I see it, I want no players gone at all (maybe Narsingh as it looks as if he won't ever get picked anyway).

I'm not a massive Fer fan not Bony in this incarnation, but I simply don't see what benefit us as fans get from selling them. Same with James if Leeds came in with £100million bid. Sell them to what end?

Apart from saving 100 grand a week? ????

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 22:59 - Jan 28 with 1737 viewsSmellyplumz

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 18:59 - Jan 28 by Badlands

The possible James transfer will be outside the control of the board - if Bielsa is determined and the player wants the move he'll be going. All we can do is set a price that stiffs the Leeds.
James won't be he first in this position nor the last.
But it does offer another angle to use against the shareholders.

Yeah must be hell being a share holder...

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 23:49 - Jan 28 with 1673 viewsBadlands

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 22:12 - Jan 28 by LeonWasGod

It's never good when we start selling our future though Mon. You must see why people will be very pissed off if Dan James goes.

Although yes, the club is bigger than any player. Lose Dan and Fer and the team will be weaker, that's the bottom line. Unless there's a signing or two coming in who are better than them. I'm not holding my breath over that.

'Fer hasn't been good enough since he arrived. Poor signing.' Taken from someone a few weeks go and not an uncommon opinion.
I'd say that, after Routledge, Fer has received the most abuse in the area of the Liberty I sit.
Now there is talk of him leaving and the world is crashing down.
As for James, if he wants to go and his agent can get a deal he'll go. Will that weaken the team? No. Will it weaken the squad? Probably.
Will it diminish us next season? We don't know.
Routledge and Dyer have both been preferred to James who is currently being used as a late sub when his speed can get behind defenders.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 06:20 - Jan 29 with 1593 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 23:49 - Jan 28 by Badlands

'Fer hasn't been good enough since he arrived. Poor signing.' Taken from someone a few weeks go and not an uncommon opinion.
I'd say that, after Routledge, Fer has received the most abuse in the area of the Liberty I sit.
As for James, if he wants to go and his agent can get a deal he'll go. Will that weaken the team? No. Will it weaken the squad? Probably.
Routledge and Dyer have both been preferred to James who is currently being used as a late sub when his speed can get behind defenders.

Fer has had a sudden and unexpected uplift in form, which coincidentally has occurred during the transfer window.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 06:31 - Jan 29 with 1584 viewsBig_Phil

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 23:49 - Jan 28 by Badlands

Great post - spot on.

For every good couple of games Fer has, he has a nightmare (how many times did he lose the ball on Sat for example).

Wilf simply has to go - even the most one-eyed Jack can see that.

So - the real question is Dan James. Why are we considering selling a player who has a wonderful final ball and has scored 15 goals this year......oh, hang on.... I was all for keeping him until 3 separate people told me on the weekend his head has been turned and he wants out. Of course, could be nonsense but I don’t think we can turn our noses up at up to £10m for someone that could fulfill his potential.

Why we have to sell is of course a whole different ball-game.....do I want the Yanks out? Of course I do, but Big Nose is the immediate real issue. If they get rid of him (and they face real legal risks in doing that) then the healing process can begin for the majority of the fanbase.

I fon’t buy this ‘Asset Stripping’ malarkey, it’s trying to balance the books imho. We bought awfully, payed huge wages we could not afford and will be paying for it for another season or two. All roads lead to Huw - be gone you clown
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 06:51 - Jan 29 with 1575 viewsChief

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 22:47 - Jan 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Apart from saving 100 grand a week? ????

To do what with?

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 09:07 - Jan 29 with 1481 viewsswan65split

I agree in part, but Fer has been playing very well recently. as stated elsewhere, probably securing a contract elsewhere, but we are in a chance of a play off place, on a Cup run, and his contract is up at the end of the Season, if no one decent comes in if he goes, to me its all about money........thats what a hedge fund is for!

well done Huw.
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:12 - Jan 29 with 1400 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 09:07 - Jan 29 by swan65split

I agree in part, but Fer has been playing very well recently. as stated elsewhere, probably securing a contract elsewhere, but we are in a chance of a play off place, on a Cup run, and his contract is up at the end of the Season, if no one decent comes in if he goes, to me its all about money........thats what a hedge fund is for!

well done Huw.

"but Fer has been playing very well recently."

For a good part of the game, but he has also been quite woeful for sections of those games as well.
ie typical Fer.
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 09:27 - Jan 31 with 1202 viewsChief

The journalists are suggesting that there could be a fire sale today then. 4 first teamers possibly going, none coming in.

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 10:15 - Jan 31 with 1144 viewsSTID2017

If selling players would benefit the club in the short and long term then I wouldn't be quite so worried.
However, as any monies received won't be reinvested into the team, but rather I feel will disappear into a black hole, then where is the benefit for us as fans ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 10:24 - Jan 31 with 1110 viewsKGriz16

Superb post that.

Can't bare the doom and cynicism that surrounds the club day in and day out on here and on Twitter. Very boring.
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 10:59 - Jan 31 with 1041 viewsChief

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 10:24 - Jan 31 by KGriz16

Superb post that.

Can't bare the doom and cynicism that surrounds the club day in and day out on here and on Twitter. Very boring.

Sorry we'll all pretend to be chuffed at what's happening again

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 11:27 - Jan 31 with 953 viewsKGriz16

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 10:59 - Jan 31 by Chief

Sorry we'll all pretend to be chuffed at what's happening again

No, but the majority of people on here and social media don't seem to live in the real world.
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 11:32 - Jan 31 with 929 viewsChief

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 11:27 - Jan 31 by KGriz16

No, but the majority of people on here and social media don't seem to live in the real world.

If you think selling Dan James on deadline is a good and necessary it's obviously you who isn't living in the real world.

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 11:33 - Jan 31 with 922 viewsHeadmaster

Bootlickers are out in force as expected.
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 11:38 - Jan 31 with 894 viewsOldjack

Theses are honourable men ,men with dignity and honesty

kants

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 11:42 - Jan 31 with 880 viewsSmellyplumz

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 10:24 - Jan 31 by KGriz16

Superb post that.

Stay off the Internet then. Simple.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024