Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT 10:59 - Feb 15 with 1468 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Just issued

Following further discussions with the Court Appointed Receiver (‘ CAR ‘) , it is now clear that control of Blackpool FC has not yet been transferred to the CAR and it is not yet known when this will happen. The legal process regarding the order made by the Court is not yet complete and therefore it is necessary for Blackpool fans who are concerned about when to break the boycott to remain patient for a little while longer.
It is possible that the CAR will take control of the club at some point next week but exactly when is impossible to say at this stage and therefore any tickets purchased for the next home game against Oxford on 23rd February cannot be guaranteed to be NAPM compliant.

The basic conditions required for a return to Bloomfield Rd for most boycotting fans are:
1. A guarantee that ticket revenues will not end up in Oyston hands
2. A new board in place with no Oyston control
At this moment these conditions have not been met.

It is also necessary for supporters to understand that if Owen Oyston is able to pay the full debt owed to Valeri Belokon before the football club is sold, the debt is discharged and he will be able to resume control. Whilst this is a highly unlikely scenario, given that he has had 15 months to do this and is being charged interest at a rate of £5000 per day for every day the debt is outstanding, nevertheless it is important for supporters to know that this remains a risk.

A further issue is the possibility that once the club and other assets are sold and the debt discharged, Valeri Belokon’s shares could revert to Owen Oyston, leaving him with a 20% share in the club. Again, this is unlikely to happen but is a possibility.

With these points in mind Blackpool Supporters’ Trust, the Tangerine Knights and the Muckers Supporters’ Group offer the following advice:
As soon as we know that the CAR has complete control of the football club, we suggest that supporters return to Bloomfield Rd on a game by game basis. In the unlikely event of any future Oyston involvement, the boycott can resume. It is important that we make it clear that we are only returning when the basic conditions are met and if this changes for any reason, the Not A Penny More campaign will continue.

We know that this is disappointing as we all want to get back to our home ground as soon as possible. Having waited for so long, it would make no sense to break NAPM for the sake of a few more weeks. It is likely that the home game against Southend on 9th March can be the target game for the return of the fans and plans for this will be put in place as soon as we have assurances that the CAR has assumed control of the football club.

The next BST Open Members’ Meeting is on Saturday 23rd February at the Village Hotel, Blackpool starting at 11am. It will be attended by Paul Cooper who will be able to offer further clarity about the role of the CAR. In addition, the BST committee will be able to give more detail about the court proceedings that took place on Wednesday. This meeting is open to ALL .

Fans’ representatives are holding a preliminary meeting with the CAR on Monday and have identified a range of issues to discuss with him, having already provided him with a written brief before the court hearing on Wednesday. We will provide updates to supporters on a regular basis, whenever we have them.

Given the euphoria surrounding Wednesday’s court decision, it is understandable that people want to rush back immediately. However, legal processes take time and we must allow the court and the CAR time to do their job and make our club Oyston free before we lift the boycott. We have worked too hard for too long to mess this up now.

#footballfirst

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 11:16 - Feb 15 with 1451 viewsHannibal

I think the first sentence sums things up from a NAPM perspective. It’s easy to fall into the misconception that NAPM is over and get carried away on the crest of a wave. But the first thing I said when I knew this latest hearing was happening was to ask the question when it would take effect. Immediately, or at some future unspecified date? I think the answer is the latter and so we should lower our expectations until proof otherwise.

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 11:21 - Feb 15 with 1443 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 11:16 - Feb 15 by Hannibal

I think the first sentence sums things up from a NAPM perspective. It’s easy to fall into the misconception that NAPM is over and get carried away on the crest of a wave. But the first thing I said when I knew this latest hearing was happening was to ask the question when it would take effect. Immediately, or at some future unspecified date? I think the answer is the latter and so we should lower our expectations until proof otherwise.

I think we are only talking about a period of days, but the simple truth is that the Order that was approved in Court is narrower in scope than the one that was originally put forward and needs to be accompanied by a witness statement from the Petitioner. And these things do not happen immediately.

Anyway, it is a clear statement, it sets out the risks and does the job intended.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 11:26 - Feb 15 with 1443 viewsROTTWEILERS

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 11:16 - Feb 15 by Hannibal

For me, I knew it was 'Game Over' for OO as soon as he defaulted. I was - and still am - unconcerned by him making money from me. It was never about being punitive or seeing retribution... I just wanted him out. It's a shame alot of people have to wait to be steered on this one but respect the principled stance.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 11:32 - Feb 15 with 1440 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Actually thought it might take up to 2 weeks, so waiting until next week is no biggie for me.

Thanks for the update.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 11:38 - Feb 15 with 1433 viewsLala

Rotts 👍

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 11:42 - Feb 15 with 1431 viewsjanegallagher

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 11:38 - Feb 15 by Lala

Rotts 👍

Rotts not only are you an ace tipper but such a level head

We’ve got Simon Sadler

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 11:43 - Feb 15 with 1428 viewsjanegallagher

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 11:42 - Feb 15 by janegallagher

Rotts not only are you an ace tipper but such a level head

So the Muckers and TK are guiding us too

We’ve got Simon Sadler

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 22:25 - Feb 16 with 1393 viewsjanegallagher

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 11:43 - Feb 15 by janegallagher

So the Muckers and TK are guiding us too

what are the other group of fans called who don’t belong to these three groups

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Login to get fewer ads

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 22:45 - Feb 16 with 1377 viewsROTTWEILERS

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 22:25 - Feb 16 by janegallagher

what are the other group of fans called who don’t belong to these three groups

The Tangehadeen? 😏

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 22:49 - Feb 16 with 1371 viewsLala

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 22:45 - Feb 16 by ROTTWEILERS

The Tangehadeen? 😏

OMG

Can I opt out???

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 22:51 - Feb 16 with 1369 viewsjanegallagher

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 22:49 - Feb 16 by Lala

OMG

Can I opt out???

I’m in rotts. Think they’re quite fetching personally

We’ve got Simon Sadler

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 22:52 - Feb 16 with 1368 viewsjanegallagher

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 22:51 - Feb 16 by janegallagher

I’m in rotts. Think they’re quite fetching personally

We could be the Tangehadeenettes LaLa 😍

We’ve got Simon Sadler

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 23:09 - Feb 16 with 1363 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

FANS GROUPS JOINT STATEMENT on 22:45 - Feb 16 by ROTTWEILERS

The Tangehadeen? 😏

Good God, Lala's into cosplay now!

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024