Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lip fillers and general enhancements 20:07 - Apr 17 with 711 viewsLala

What is going on with the current culture of changing your looks.

My youngest daughter, 19, has had lip fillers.

Personally I am gutted. She actually has was/is a stunning young girl with lovely natural lips and warm brown hair.

She’s now very blonde with larger than necessary lips.

Most of her friends have gone the same way, as she pointed out when I tried to explain natural beauty to her. But she is correct, at £150.00 a time every three months they actually are all having it and just look like clones of each other.
Am disappointed and worried and really genuinely believe that natural beauty and imperfections are a sign of true beauty.

Will everyone look the same in 30 years time? I think they will 😩

Who or what is to blame. Is there any action that can be taken to change this.

Damn shame.

Your thoughts?

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 21:06 - Apr 17 with 699 viewsspell_chekker

I agree with you Lala. It's being influenced by fashion and others.

On the other hand you could also say it's a question of taste changing with age.

Going off my own experience, young people are more concerned with the superficial. Not only physical looks but in personality type as well.

For example, a young man will 'chat up' a girl and puff himself up to be the best, funniest, most interesting etc etc while an older guy would simply start off with hello, smile, and the weather's nice to get into a conversation or make a connection.

In other words, older people have a different mentality. When I was 19 I'd never have looked at a woman of 55 and thought she was attractive. Now at the age of 54, it's the opposite way round. I could drool over a more mature woman and hardly bat an eye at a young one. Young peoples' tastes are different.

I still think it's a shame she is doing that to her body though. Those blubbery fat lips are ugly in my old opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if it numbed the sensation when kissing too.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 21:13 - Apr 17 with 695 viewsspudgun

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 21:06 - Apr 17 by spell_chekker

I agree with you Lala. It's being influenced by fashion and others.

On the other hand you could also say it's a question of taste changing with age.

Going off my own experience, young people are more concerned with the superficial. Not only physical looks but in personality type as well.

For example, a young man will 'chat up' a girl and puff himself up to be the best, funniest, most interesting etc etc while an older guy would simply start off with hello, smile, and the weather's nice to get into a conversation or make a connection.

In other words, older people have a different mentality. When I was 19 I'd never have looked at a woman of 55 and thought she was attractive. Now at the age of 54, it's the opposite way round. I could drool over a more mature woman and hardly bat an eye at a young one. Young peoples' tastes are different.

I still think it's a shame she is doing that to her body though. Those blubbery fat lips are ugly in my old opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if it numbed the sensation when kissing too.

Agree entirely, Lala. I wouldn`t like it if a daughter was doing that, but what can you do but offer good advice?

I`m open minded to a bit of cosmetic surgery for an older person if they feel they need it. But when I hear of young people having it done I feel that they may be making a mistake. I would not like young spud to get a tattoo either.

Agree with spell too, young girls try to hard to conform to an ideal and almost make themselves look unattractive by being false...
Lip fillers and general enhancements on 21:36 - Apr 17 with 689 viewsLala

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 21:13 - Apr 17 by spudgun

Agree entirely, Lala. I wouldn`t like it if a daughter was doing that, but what can you do but offer good advice?

I`m open minded to a bit of cosmetic surgery for an older person if they feel they need it. But when I hear of young people having it done I feel that they may be making a mistake. I would not like young spud to get a tattoo either.

Agree with spell too, young girls try to hard to conform to an ideal and almost make themselves look unattractive by being false...

It’s an unfortunate modern day trend.

I have tried to counter her vanity by using more vanity telling her that her lip skin will stretch, lose all it’s elasticity and sag and by the time she’s 30 she’ll be a right minger!

It’s called tough love, but it is love.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 21:37]

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 18:56 - Apr 18 with 666 viewsjanegallagher

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 21:36 - Apr 17 by Lala

It’s an unfortunate modern day trend.

I have tried to counter her vanity by using more vanity telling her that her lip skin will stretch, lose all it’s elasticity and sag and by the time she’s 30 she’ll be a right minger!

It’s called tough love, but it is love.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 21:37]

My youngest was talking about having it done. I seemed to have convinced her not to bother. Showed pic of Lesley Ash.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 18:57 - Apr 18 with 665 viewsjanegallagher

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 18:56 - Apr 18 by janegallagher

My youngest was talking about having it done. I seemed to have convinced her not to bother. Showed pic of Lesley Ash.

Not a good look

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 19:29 - Apr 18 with 660 viewsLala

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 18:57 - Apr 18 by janegallagher

Not a good look

I’m going to send that too my daughter.

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 11:45 - Apr 24 with 638 viewsRebeccas_Jeweller

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 19:29 - Apr 18 by Lala

I’m going to send that too my daughter.

My friends husband has botox regularly and she has nothing done.
Not sure who he is doing it for???
Lip fillers and general enhancements on 11:46 - Apr 24 with 636 viewsjanegallagher

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 11:45 - Apr 24 by Rebeccas_Jeweller

My friends husband has botox regularly and she has nothing done.
Not sure who he is doing it for???

Just not right a man having Botox.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Login to get fewer ads

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 11:48 - Apr 24 with 633 viewsRebeccas_Jeweller

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 11:46 - Apr 24 by janegallagher

Just not right a man having Botox.

He looks strange with his bald head and nothing moving
Lip fillers and general enhancements on 12:18 - Apr 24 with 623 viewsspell_chekker

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 11:48 - Apr 24 by Rebeccas_Jeweller

Botox treatment is expensive but if your friend's rich, he probably didn't even raise an eyebrow.

Did he look surprised when he heard the price?

Goodnight.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 12:21 - Apr 24 with 619 viewsspell_chekker

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 12:18 - Apr 24 by spell_chekker

Botox treatment is expensive but if your friend's rich, he probably didn't even raise an eyebrow.

Did he look surprised when he heard the price?

Goodnight.

The use of Botox isn't something he frowns on.

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 12:39 - Apr 24 with 616 viewsLala

Lip fillers and general enhancements on 11:48 - Apr 24 by Rebeccas_Jeweller

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024