Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets President 19:03 - Apr 18 with 3040 viewsArthurDaley

Paul Ormerod is stepping down after 10 years. And writing of depts. of £170,00, Which makes the club effectively dept free.

http://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article/52671/paul-ormerod-steps-down?fbclid

A large VAT Dave

Hornets President on 19:21 - Apr 18 with 2993 viewsDale92

Wonder how much of that we're owed...

This is the One, I've waited for

Hornets President on 19:27 - Apr 18 with 2982 viewsSuddenLad

Hornets President on 19:21 - Apr 18 by Dale92

Surely, it's his debt (money owed to him) that he's writing off, not ours or anyone else's.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hornets President on 08:08 - Apr 19 with 2615 viewsDiddyDave

Hornets President on 19:21 - Apr 18 by Dale92

Don`t think it was a debt directly owed to Dale,as far as I can recall it was a debt owed to the Denehurst Park Trust,or whatever it was called.
I think the 170 grand Paul Ormerod injected was to get Hornets on their feet again,whether some of that money went to pay that debt to the Trust,I`m not sure,but somebody on here will know.
Hornets President on 09:21 - Apr 19 with 2536 viewsDalenet

Hornets President on 19:27 - Apr 18 by SuddenLad

Surely, it's his debt (money owed to him) that he's writing off, not ours or anyone else's.

Exactly. A very generous offer from him in my opinion.

Whether it was a loan that he had made as seed funding to start the cooperative or loans issued to cover operating losses as a cooperative I don't know. But they have been a new cooperative for about 10 years now and losses of the equivalent of £20k a year seem small to me - albeit they ideally don't want any loss.

They will now need to find money to cover future losses or hope for a miracle to stay in the Championship. A drop down to the next division won't help with gate receipts or chances of long term survival
Hornets President on 20:02 - Apr 19 with 2269 viewspioneer

Hornets President on 09:21 - Apr 19 by Dalenet

Exactly. A very generous offer from him in my opinion.

Whether it was a loan that he had made as seed funding to start the cooperative or loans issued to cover operating losses as a cooperative I don't know. But they have been a new cooperative for about 10 years now and losses of the equivalent of £20k a year seem small to me - albeit they ideally don't want any loss.

They will now need to find money to cover future losses or hope for a miracle to stay in the Championship. A drop down to the next division won't help with gate receipts or chances of long term survival

He wasnt el presidente from the start of the co operative. He was annointed, not elected, to the board later, and although its still a substantial amount of do ray me, it will be set off against his income tax, so the cost to him will be much less, the tax payer will be incurring the rest, in the form of the taxes he would have paid without this offset.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024