Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Board 16:05 - Apr 26 with 3969 viewsTwelveAngryMen

As we complete the 9th week of the Interim Board having had day-to-day responsibility for management of BFC I want to say how proud I am to see how far we’ve come as a club from the standing start we faced back on 25th February.
It’s been a privilege to work with everyone at the Club but particularly Michael, Ben and Ian as we try to direct our great club through the receivership and onto new ownership.
We haven’t got everything right and it would be naïve to believe we would however I know hand on heart that individually and collectively we’ve done our best in very challenging circumstances whilst offering an unparalleled level of transparency to BFC fans as to our aims, remit, the restrictions we are under and finances.
We have seen criticisms this week over junior ST pricing and it’s been reassuring to me to see the reaction to that from Michael and Ben in extending the £75 discounted junior season ticket price so as to allow family groups to continue to sit together.
I hope that now this concession has been offered everyone now feels able to support the Interim Board in their ST pricing. I urge you all to get behind us and purchase your ST’s so that we can deliver what BFC needs on and off the pitch.
UTMP

#footballfirst

Our Board on 16:15 - Apr 26 with 2214 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Now this issue has been resolved, I feel as a group we all have no excuse not to back them.

I understand the residual worries about OO coming back, but that will be an issue right up to the point of sale, which might be after next season starts. The club desperately needs your investment NOW, and if that means balancing risk - well, we all do that every day, don't we?.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Our Board on 16:52 - Apr 26 with 2201 viewsImperial

Our Board on 16:15 - Apr 26 by basilrobbiereborn

Now this issue has been resolved, I feel as a group we all have no excuse not to back them.

I understand the residual worries about OO coming back, but that will be an issue right up to the point of sale, which might be after next season starts. The club desperately needs your investment NOW, and if that means balancing risk - well, we all do that every day, don't we?.

BRB me thinks you assume too much.
Our Board on 16:54 - Apr 26 with 2199 viewsjanegallagher

Our Board on 16:15 - Apr 26 by basilrobbiereborn

I never had a doubt, I would imagine very professional and know what they’re doing.

I find all the postings from mosser and bus quite odd. Such early days and they seem to be negative about their every move.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Our Board on 17:03 - Apr 26 with 2184 viewsspudgun

Our Board on 16:54 - Apr 26 by janegallagher

I never had a doubt, I would imagine very professional and know what they’re doing.

I find all the postings from mosser and bus quite odd. Such early days and they seem to be negative about their every move.

I`ve "always" found PB`s "postings" quite "odd". #nonsense...
Our Board on 17:03 - Apr 26 with 2184 viewsImperial

I agree with you Jane as do most on this site.

Basil needs to concentrate his persuasive powers on those in another forum.
Our Board on 17:06 - Apr 26 with 2179 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Going forward, I wonder if BST could persuade FSF and SD to tag on a requirement for a maximum price for under 11 and 16's to the Twenty is Plenty campaign?

Have to admit, I've not checked if there is such a campaign.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Our Board on 17:19 - Apr 26 with 2172 viewsLala

I Ditto Jane really.

No problem with the board at all. Big problem with the likes of Mosser sticking the boot in at every opportunity and jeopardising potential future investment. 👎

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Our Board on 17:24 - Apr 26 with 2167 viewsjanegallagher

Our Board on 17:19 - Apr 26 by Lala

I Ditto Jane really.

No problem with the board at all. Big problem with the likes of Mosser sticking the boot in at every opportunity and jeopardising potential future investment. 👎

😃 spud

He’s going be rude to the wrong person one day.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Login to get fewer ads

Our Board on 18:12 - Apr 26 with 2159 viewsspudgun

Our Board on 17:24 - Apr 26 by janegallagher

😃 spud

He’s going be rude to the wrong person one day.

Met him briefly through a mutual friend Jane, and he seems a lot nicer in person. My friend speaks quite highly of him as a "character". Social media does often bring out the worst in us...
Our Board on 18:25 - Apr 26 with 2155 viewsjanegallagher

Our Board on 18:12 - Apr 26 by spudgun

Met him briefly through a mutual friend Jane, and he seems a lot nicer in person. My friend speaks quite highly of him as a "character". Social media does often bring out the worst in us...

No it doesn’t, he can be quite charming. I can’t for the life of me understand why he posts like that. He can write some really hideous things about people for absolutely no reason.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Our Board on 19:04 - Apr 26 with 2136 viewsspudgun

Our Board on 18:25 - Apr 26 by janegallagher

No it doesn’t, he can be quite charming. I can’t for the life of me understand why he posts like that. He can write some really hideous things about people for absolutely no reason.

Jane, I don`t think it is even a discussion that people often behave worse when behind a cloak of anonymity on social media. I could not imagine that they would be so rude in real life, face to face.

That doesn`t apply on here, of course. ...
Our Board on 19:06 - Apr 26 with 2135 viewsjanegallagher

Our Board on 19:04 - Apr 26 by spudgun

Jane, I don`t think it is even a discussion that people often behave worse when behind a cloak of anonymity on social media. I could not imagine that they would be so rude in real life, face to face.

That doesn`t apply on here, of course. ...

Of course not, and long may it continue

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Our Board on 08:34 - Apr 27 with 2106 viewskophero

Good OP Tim and thanks for sharing. Some of the criticism is embarrassing, usually suspects too.
Our Board on 10:29 - Apr 27 with 2091 viewsHannibal

Our Board on 08:34 - Apr 27 by kophero

Good OP Tim and thanks for sharing. Some of the criticism is embarrassing, usually suspects too.

There’s some odd folk on AVFTT.

My take is that despite any missteps such as the child pricing, now fixed👍 we as a club are still in a much better place now than when the club was under Oyston control. I just hope new benevolent ownership, preferably with deep pockets, can take over soon so we can get away from interim management and move into a new and hopefully very successful era.

The only issue I really have with the interim board is the level of influence that certain fans have now and I’m really a fan of out with the old in with the new. Since things haven’t yet fully moved on there’s always going to be infighting because familiarity breeds contempt. Fresh start needed.

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Our Board on 13:06 - Apr 27 with 2073 viewsLala

Our Board on 10:29 - Apr 27 by Hannibal

My take is that despite any missteps such as the child pricing, now fixed👍 we as a club are still in a much better place now than when the club was under Oyston control. I just hope new benevolent ownership, preferably with deep pockets, can take over soon so we can get away from interim management and move into a new and hopefully very successful era.

The only issue I really have with the interim board is the level of influence that certain fans have now and I’m really a fan of out with the old in with the new. Since things haven’t yet fully moved on there’s always going to be infighting because familiarity breeds contempt. Fresh start needed.

I think some of the fans don’t have any say as far as the new board goes H, and maybe that’s what part of their rage is about.

The board has to listen to fans but also balance that by not being held to ransom by the more vociferous interfering fans. In other words they need the backbone to stick with decisions if they are necessary for the club. I’m not talking about the ST debacle but going forward fans have to respect that the board are professionals paid to do the best they can in guiding the club in the interim period.

Our Board on 13:34 - Apr 27 with 2066 viewsspell_chekker

Our Board on 13:06 - Apr 27 by Lala

I think some of the fans don’t have any say as far as the new board goes H, and maybe that’s what part of their rage is about.

The board has to listen to fans but also balance that by not being held to ransom by the more vociferous interfering fans. In other words they need the backbone to stick with decisions if they are necessary for the club. I’m not talking about the ST debacle but going forward fans have to respect that the board are professionals paid to do the best they can in guiding the club in the interim period.

As per Hannibal and Lala's posts.

I hope the right choice is made for the SLO(s).

I wouldn't want to see the 'wrong type of fan' appointed.

The post(s) need people with discretion - similar to the way the BST committee conduct themselves.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Our Board on 13:58 - Apr 27 with 2055 viewsjanegallagher

Our Board on 13:34 - Apr 27 by spell_chekker

As per Hannibal and Lala's posts.

I hope the right choice is made for the SLO(s).

I wouldn't want to see the 'wrong type of fan' appointed.

The post(s) need people with discretion - similar to the way the BST committee conduct themselves.

Last 3 posts spot on 👍. Someone needs to tell mosser to shut up, who the hell does he think he is. Reality check needed.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Our Board on 14:06 - Apr 27 with 2047 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Our Board on 10:29 - Apr 27 by Hannibal

I think Hannibal makes some fair points - including about AVFTT, which can be a zoo at times.

On your last paragraph though H, I would caution you against believing half of what you read on there ; some people do like to big themselves up. And whilst I understand the "out with the old" attitude, I don't really agree with it. We don't have a limitless supply of able and level-headed people who can represent our interests and I think we should cherish - and use - the ones we do have.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Our Board on 14:13 - Apr 27 with 2044 viewsHannibal

Our Board on 13:58 - Apr 27 by janegallagher

Last 3 posts spot on 👍. Someone needs to tell mosser to shut up, who the hell does he think he is. Reality check needed.

Well I think my take on ‘The Mosser’ is well documented and transparent. That’s why I would really like things to move a bit quicker towards new owners. Then these type of characters will be out of the mix and things can move in the right direction.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of fans on football club boards in any capacity🤔😏

Too many years seeing what some of the clubs fans are like when the mask is off to believe they have anything much to add in the long run. Maybe Tim is different but that remains to be seen and given the turn around with regards to the ST issue, it appears that he’s done his job perfectly in that he’s listened, taken the flack and influenced things positively.

The day Mosser or WPC etc etc get their fingers in the pie then god help us.

Our Board on 14:14 - Apr 27 with 2043 viewsjanegallagher

Our Board on 14:06 - Apr 27 by basilrobbiereborn

I think Hannibal makes some fair points - including about AVFTT, which can be a zoo at times.

On your last paragraph though H, I would caution you against believing half of what you read on there ; some people do like to big themselves up. And whilst I understand the "out with the old" attitude, I don't really agree with it. We don't have a limitless supply of able and level-headed people who can represent our interests and I think we should cherish - and use - the ones we do have.

I’m not so sure, too many act like spoilt brats and sadly they’ll have some influence.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Our Board on 14:22 - Apr 27 with 2037 viewsHannibal

Our Board on 14:14 - Apr 27 by janegallagher

I’m not so sure, too many act like spoilt brats and sadly they’ll have some influence.

They are drinking buddies Jane after all. And there lies the problem.

New owners quick please!

Our Board on 14:35 - Apr 27 with 2027 viewsHannibal

Our Board on 14:06 - Apr 27 by basilrobbiereborn

We are in limbo really Robbie. Can I call you that? We all know it.

We are in a strange situation where the club is free of the Oystons, (we hope) yet there are no new owners that we can see yet. Until that happens we can’t really think long term because incoming owners might have very different ideas. Good or bad. It’s a difficult situation where we sort of have the club back but not 100%.

So we have an interim board composed of a few individuals that do this sort of thing for a living frankly, and a fan, Tim, who has been massively involved with the fans for various reasons.

I just don’t think it’s very healthy to consider our current situation as anything other than temporary. That’s why as much as I appreciate your enthusiasm for bigging up BST, it may all be for nothing when the club is eventually bought and new owners with a totally different ethos perhaps, come in.

I really hope BST will continue to be a positive influence when that time comes but we shouldn’t hang our hats on that.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2019 14:35]

Our Board on 14:47 - Apr 27 with 2012 viewsspell_chekker

Our Board on 14:35 - Apr 27 by Hannibal

We are in limbo really Robbie. Can I call you that? We all know it.

We are in a strange situation where the club is free of the Oystons, (we hope) yet there are no new owners that we can see yet. Until that happens we can’t really think long term because incoming owners might have very different ideas. Good or bad. It’s a difficult situation where we sort of have the club back but not 100%.

So we have an interim board composed of a few individuals that do this sort of thing for a living frankly, and a fan, Tim, who has been massively involved with the fans for various reasons.

I just don’t think it’s very healthy to consider our current situation as anything other than temporary. That’s why as much as I appreciate your enthusiasm for bigging up BST, it may all be for nothing when the club is eventually bought and new owners with a totally different ethos perhaps, come in.

I really hope BST will continue to be a positive influence when that time comes but we shouldn’t hang our hats on that.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2019 14:35]

A point I've raised before reagarding the influence of some types of fan -

Beware a Pilley bid - It's a nightmare scenario that'd open the doors for that lot.

I know he owns Fleetwood which blocks him from having another club but if he wants to be at BFC he'd surely look for dodges and loopholes.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Our Board on 15:03 - Apr 27 with 2003 viewsjanegallagher

Our Board on 14:47 - Apr 27 by spell_chekker

Beware a Pilley bid - It's a nightmare scenario that'd open the doors for that lot.

I know he owns Fleetwood which blocks him from having another club but if he wants to be at BFC he'd surely look for dodges and loopholes.

I’m uncomfortable with it all if I’m honest. New owners come in, slightest thing to go wrong they’ll be criticising, threatening demos. There’ll be appeals for patience. I fear what lies ahead sometimes

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Our Board on 15:34 - Apr 27 with 1994 viewsLala

Our Board on 14:47 - Apr 27 by spell_chekker

Agree with that, the Pilley bid would bring with it too many Neanderthal hangers on for my liking. Again the likes of Mosser are already trying to claim a tight connection there, crikey we really don’t want that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024