Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It really is a global game 22:28 - May 11 with 826 viewsokeh_for_some

I flew back from the US last night on Icelandair, with a change in Reykjavik and probably realised for the first time the global nature of the Premier League. The flight to Manchester was full to the rafters of Icelanders wearing either Liverpool or MU shirts. The flight time was 2 hrs 10 mins so I guess when you think of it, probably less of a journey than many home based fans.
It really is a global game on 22:30 - May 11 with 823 viewsjanegallagher

Yes that’s true, less than a journey most Utd fans have to make.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

It really is a global game on 23:10 - May 11 with 819 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

In most of the world, without doubt it's the global game.

(Still to really break through in India, Pakistan, and with some of my American friends, who think it's a European commie plot to take over the world)

Did you have a good time stateside?

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

It really is a global game on 23:38 - May 11 with 814 viewsokeh_for_some

It really is a global game on 23:10 - May 11 by BringBackTheRedRoom

In most of the world, without doubt it's the global game.

(Still to really break through in India, Pakistan, and with some of my American friends, who think it's a European commie plot to take over the world)

Did you have a good time stateside?

BBRR - It was work not pleasure in the US, but a still a decent week thanks. I wouldn’t recommend Icelandair though. Cheap enough but they scrimp on simple things like having to pay for meals, headsets and drinks. The game in the Prem has changed so much. Whenever the cameras pan in on the home crowd now at Liverpool or MU you see tourists taking selfies or smiling at the cameras. I guess that’s progress and pays the £300k a week salaries. I sometimes wonder if genuine City fans would prefer Maine Road and Frannie Lee or Shaun Goater to what they have today.
It really is a global game on 23:57 - May 11 with 812 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

It really is a global game on 23:38 - May 11 by okeh_for_some

BBRR - It was work not pleasure in the US, but a still a decent week thanks. I wouldn’t recommend Icelandair though. Cheap enough but they scrimp on simple things like having to pay for meals, headsets and drinks. The game in the Prem has changed so much. Whenever the cameras pan in on the home crowd now at Liverpool or MU you see tourists taking selfies or smiling at the cameras. I guess that’s progress and pays the £300k a week salaries. I sometimes wonder if genuine City fans would prefer Maine Road and Frannie Lee or Shaun Goater to what they have today.

Good to see you back Okeh.

Worst plane trip I ever took was Blackpool to the IOM, 15 minutes of utter terror.

Got a couple of mates who are long term (since the 80s) ST holders for Man City. They are still in dreamland with it all, though they do hate the Champions League.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

It really is a global game on 03:19 - May 12 with 806 viewsHannibal

Thailand is a predominately Liverpool supporting country. I even see small motorbikes in Liverpool colours, shirts. See the odd Man U shirt or Chelsea but vast majority Liverpool. This is not a recent thing either it’s been this way for ever. Go figure.

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

It really is a global game on 08:17 - May 12 with 789 viewsspudgun

It really is a global game on 03:19 - May 12 by Hannibal

Thailand is a predominately Liverpool supporting country. I even see small motorbikes in Liverpool colours, shirts. See the odd Man U shirt or Chelsea but vast majority Liverpool. This is not a recent thing either it’s been this way for ever. Go figure.

oheh: that certainly rings true with my City pal who still quietly hankers for the those days of being the underdog and the gallows humour of being the perennial loser as typified by Paul Calf.

Possible football world domination does sit uneasily with him, and he can`t quite master the contemptible arrogance that comes so easily to Man Utd fans.

Happier days...

It really is a global game on 10:43 - May 12 with 780 viewsspell_chekker

It really is a global game on 08:17 - May 12 by spudgun

oheh: that certainly rings true with my City pal who still quietly hankers for the those days of being the underdog and the gallows humour of being the perennial loser as typified by Paul Calf.

Possible football world domination does sit uneasily with him, and he can`t quite master the contemptible arrogance that comes so easily to Man Utd fans.

Happier days...

My memory's a bit hazy but I read an article once and I think that Glasgow Celtic, in theory, have the most supporters worldwide.

Liverpool are quite high up on the list, possibly second.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024