Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained list 11:22 - May 14 with 1759 viewsHannibal

Contract options exercised on:

Nick Anderton
Marc Bola
Myles Boney
Armand Gnanduillet
Christoffer Mafoumbi
Rowan Roache
Curtis Tilt
Ollie Turton

New contracts offered to:

Nathan Delfouneso
Jimmy Ryan
Jack Sims

Professional contracts offered to:

Sean Graham
Emil Jaaskelainen
Nathan Shaw
Owen Watkinson

Released:

Max Clayton
Mark Cullen
Donervon Daniels
Chris Long
John O’Sullivan
Scott Quigley
Fin Sinclair-Smith
Chris Taylor

Already under contract for the 2019/20 season:

Liam Feeney
Callum Guy
Mark Howard
Michael Nottingham
Harry Pritchard
Jay Spearing
Jordan Thompson
Matty Virtue
Yusifu Ceesay

Loan players returning to parent clubs:

Joe Dodoo (Rangers)
Antony Evans (Everton)
Ben Heneghan (Sheffield United)
Nya Kirby (Crystal Palace)

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Retained list on 11:46 - May 14 with 1750 viewsspell_chekker

No major surprises vbut an eyebrow might be raised at the departures of -

Cullen who we knew of last week but must accept that injuries have caught up with him.

Daniels - Good cover and even a decent starter at centre half, no?

Long - Showed one or two flashes but was never really given a chance. Perhaps he didn't do enough in training to deserve a chance. We'll never know.

Fin Sinclair-Smith - The biggest shock for me. I thought he was supposed to be rated and since there are 4 other youth teamers, plus Roach, plus Sims, plus Boney, being offered contracts then why not him?

Also, if Sims accepts his offer, we'll have 4 keepers on the books. The others being Howard, Boney, and Mafoumbi Is this the best use of resources?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Retained list on 11:48 - May 14 with 1750 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Really pleased to see some of the youth team finally rewarded. Wish them well. However think they may go out on loan to get experience, as there is no reserve or U23 team (at the moment).

Not convinced by Anderton, also thought that Boney & Turton might get released as well.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Retained list on 11:51 - May 14 with 1746 viewsspell_chekker

Retained list on 11:48 - May 14 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Really pleased to see some of the youth team finally rewarded. Wish them well. However think they may go out on loan to get experience, as there is no reserve or U23 team (at the moment).

Not convinced by Anderton, also thought that Boney & Turton might get released as well.

Yes, very happy with the youth coming through.

Now, the manager has to know how to bring them on correctly.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Retained list on 11:53 - May 14 with 1746 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Retained list on 11:48 - May 14 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Spell

I think the injury Howard picked up might play into the goalkeeper situation, also I'd expect one of them to go out on loan at some point.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Retained list on 12:09 - May 14 with 1742 viewsspell_chekker

If the players who have been offered a contract renewal / first pro contract all accept, it means we already have a squad of 24 players.

That's more or less a full squad to start off with.

The team's deficiencies are generally recognised to be lack of width, midfield creativity plus number 10, scoring goals.

If the youngsters don't step up to the plate then there won't be enough room in the squad / budget to address these issues.

I recon we may not even sign anyone, perhaps 1 at the most. The squad will be these 24 plus the loanees.

We may see problems in assembling a balanced squad.
[Post edited 14 May 2019 12:10]

Retained list on 13:04 - May 14 with 1731 viewsspell_chekker

Current Squad (if contract offers are taken up) -

Goalkeepers: Howard, Mafoumbi, Boney, Sims

Right Backs: Nottingham, Turton

Left Backs: Anderton, Bola

Centre Halves: Tilt

Central Midfield: Spearing, Ryan, Guy, Roache, Thompson, Virtue

Right Wing: Shaw, Feeney

Left Wing: Graham, Pritchard, Ceesay

Centre Forward: Gnanduillet, Delfouneso, Jaaskelainen, Watkinson

Retained list on 13:16 - May 14 with 1726 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Retained list on 13:04 - May 14 by spell_chekker

Current Squad (if contract offers are taken up) -

Goalkeepers: Howard, Mafoumbi, Boney, Sims

Right Backs: Nottingham, Turton

Left Backs: Anderton, Bola

Centre Halves: Tilt

Central Midfield: Spearing, Ryan, Guy, Roache, Thompson, Virtue

Right Wing: Shaw, Feeney

Left Wing: Graham, Pritchard, Ceesay

Centre Forward: Gnanduillet, Delfouneso, Jaaskelainen, Watkinson

Retained list on 14:19 - May 14 with 1717 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Retained list on 13:16 - May 14 by BringBackTheRedRoom

I'm disappointed Long has gone, I thought he had something about him. Scrafton reckons Nottingham wouldn't have signed anyway. Four goalkeepers reflects that Howard could be out a good while yet.

It's a hell of. a lot better starting point than we have had in recent years.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Login to get fewer ads

Retained list on 14:31 - May 14 with 1714 viewsspell_chekker

Retained list on 14:19 - May 14 by basilrobbiereborn

I'm disappointed Long has gone, I thought he had something about him. Scrafton reckons Nottingham wouldn't have signed anyway. Four goalkeepers reflects that Howard could be out a good while yet.

It's a hell of. a lot better starting point than we have had in recent years.

Maybe letting Long go reflects the style of football TM wants to play.

A mobile front 3, Ollie style, wouldn't have been out of place in L1 with Long, Delfounso, and one decent other.

Retained list on 14:32 - May 14 with 1713 viewsspell_chekker

Retained list on 14:31 - May 14 by spell_chekker

A mobile front 3, Ollie style, wouldn't have been out of place in L1 with Long, Delfounso, and one decent other.

The squad looks like it's being set up for 4-4-2.

Retained list on 20:43 - May 14 with 1694 viewsROTTWEILERS

Retained list on 14:31 - May 14 by spell_chekker

Shame about Chris Long

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Retained list on 20:59 - May 14 with 1690 viewsLala

Retained list on 20:43 - May 14 by ROTTWEILERS

Shame about Chris Long

Very disappointed Long has gone. In the few matches I saw Long and Heneghan were my stand out players.

Shame.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Retained list on 08:39 - May 15 with 1679 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Retained list on 20:59 - May 14 by Lala

Very disappointed Long has gone. In the few matches I saw Long and Heneghan were my stand out players.

Shame.

Be nice to start a pre season without A N Other and Trialist 1, 2 & 3 on the teamsheet.

Retained list on 19:43 - May 15 with 1652 viewsspell_chekker

Retained list on 08:39 - May 15 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Be nice to start a pre season without A N Other and Trialist 1, 2 & 3 on the teamsheet.

Retained list on 20:24 - May 23 with 1632 viewsspell_chekker

Retained list on 19:43 - May 15 by spell_chekker

The 1 year option was taken up on Boney's contract but he's still been offered another deal. They're not waiting for new owners and must rate him -

Boney Signs New Two-Year Deal

Young Goalkeeper Commits Future

Goalkeeper Myles Boney has agreed a new two-year contract at Blackpool, which includes an option to extend by a further 12 months.

The 21-year-old, who has been at the club for five years, made two first-team appearances last season and was named on the bench numerous times throughout the campaign.

Since first making his debut in 2015, he has played six games for the Seasiders and also had loan spells with Nantwich Town and Solihull Moors.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024