Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which Tory is your choice for leader? 10:00 - Jun 11 with 1771 viewsHannibal

Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 10:58 - Jun 11 with 1747 viewsspudgun

Jeez, where do you even start here? I can`t bring myself to endorse a single one of them.

I struggle to find any redeeming features in most of them.

Many have failed when in office, some on more than one occasion.

Some are intellectually dim; yes, I`m looking at you McVey.

Some are downright dangerous (most obviously Johnson, Raab and probably Leadsom).

Some have recent inflated reputation based on nothing at all (Stewart in particular).

Some are appallingly Machiavellian, even by current cabinet standards (Hunt, Gove and Johnson).

Don`t really know much about Hancock and Javed, which probably puts them toward the front.

That`s how bad it is.

Johnson or Hunt as PM is the worst outcome possible.

Johnson`s Brexit stance is bobbins that will unravel into chaos, and Hunt is just a smug b***ard with no political compass.

It depresses me to even think about it...
Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 11:34 - Jun 11 with 1740 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 10:58 - Jun 11 by spudgun

Jeez, where do you even start here? I can`t bring myself to endorse a single one of them.

I struggle to find any redeeming features in most of them.

Many have failed when in office, some on more than one occasion.

Some are intellectually dim; yes, I`m looking at you McVey.

Some are downright dangerous (most obviously Johnson, Raab and probably Leadsom).

Some have recent inflated reputation based on nothing at all (Stewart in particular).

Some are appallingly Machiavellian, even by current cabinet standards (Hunt, Gove and Johnson).

Don`t really know much about Hancock and Javed, which probably puts them toward the front.

That`s how bad it is.

Johnson or Hunt as PM is the worst outcome possible.

Johnson`s Brexit stance is bobbins that will unravel into chaos, and Hunt is just a smug b***ard with no political compass.

It depresses me to even think about it...

McVey, a poor man's Kellyanne Conway.

Hunt, did I really read about him going on about his humble background? His father was knighted & an Admiral in the RN, and was educated at Charterhouse & went to Magdalen College, Oxford, where he did PPE.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 11:58 - Jun 11 with 1732 viewsHannibal

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 11:34 - Jun 11 by BringBackTheRedRoom

McVey, a poor man's Kellyanne Conway.

Hunt, did I really read about him going on about his humble background? His father was knighted & an Admiral in the RN, and was educated at Charterhouse & went to Magdalen College, Oxford, where he did PPE.

Gents, I share your concerns. Spud, I endorsed Rory Stewart in the poll simply because he strikes me as the most genuine candidate and the least offensive. For me the question is like choosing a disease to get.

You’re right about Hunt BBTRR. He is from, and has all the qualities of, someone who comes from a very wealthy and privileged background, as most of them do.

I find it bizarre and depressing that the media and the bookies are assuming it’s a shoe in for Johnson. What exactly has he done to merit sudden elevation to Prime Minister? You could say that for most of them too.

I think Nicola Sturgeon is right on calling the Conservative leadership race as, ‘grotesque’. It really is.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 12:00]

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 12:15 - Jun 11 with 1726 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 11:58 - Jun 11 by Hannibal

Gents, I share your concerns. Spud, I endorsed Rory Stewart in the poll simply because he strikes me as the most genuine candidate and the least offensive. For me the question is like choosing a disease to get.

You’re right about Hunt BBTRR. He is from, and has all the qualities of, someone who comes from a very wealthy and privileged background, as most of them do.

I find it bizarre and depressing that the media and the bookies are assuming it’s a shoe in for Johnson. What exactly has he done to merit sudden elevation to Prime Minister? You could say that for most of them too.

I think Nicola Sturgeon is right on calling the Conservative leadership race as, ‘grotesque’. It really is.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 12:00]

Hannibal

The membership (about 100,000) will vote on the last two standing. They love BoJo, and also they want a Brexiteer this time (well the ones I know do).

I'm guessing LK is not a fan of Esther

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 12:45 - Jun 11 with 1718 viewsspudgun

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 12:15 - Jun 11 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Hannibal

The membership (about 100,000) will vote on the last two standing. They love BoJo, and also they want a Brexiteer this time (well the ones I know do).

I'm guessing LK is not a fan of Esther

When Rory Stewart became a cabinet minister I liked him; he was polite and had a gentle, thoughtful manner about him. I imagine he is a thoroughly decent bloke.

But politically he is incredibly naïve and prone to silly statements.

A casing point was his promise to quit as Prisons Minister - a very tough gig for any politician- and he would have had to, but for Theresa May`s `get out of jail free` card when he was promoted in the wake of the Gavin Williamson reshuffle.

Without May`s safety net (as a reward for regularly being a fall guy for Brexit on tv) he would have had to resign as per his promise, as the prison system is in chaos due to chronic under funding, staffing problems and God knows what else. Failure to get to grips with it in a year is not a disgrace; threating to resign if he didn`t is plain silliness.

Yet he claimed it had improved by 16% which is untrue.

He also had to apologise after falsely claiming that `80% of the public supported Theresa May`s Brexit plan`; again a made up foolish statistic.

There have been others too.

So nice fella, but a light weight for me...
Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 13:51 - Jun 11 with 1710 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 12:45 - Jun 11 by spudgun

When Rory Stewart became a cabinet minister I liked him; he was polite and had a gentle, thoughtful manner about him. I imagine he is a thoroughly decent bloke.

But politically he is incredibly naïve and prone to silly statements.

A casing point was his promise to quit as Prisons Minister - a very tough gig for any politician- and he would have had to, but for Theresa May`s `get out of jail free` card when he was promoted in the wake of the Gavin Williamson reshuffle.

Without May`s safety net (as a reward for regularly being a fall guy for Brexit on tv) he would have had to resign as per his promise, as the prison system is in chaos due to chronic under funding, staffing problems and God knows what else. Failure to get to grips with it in a year is not a disgrace; threating to resign if he didn`t is plain silliness.

Yet he claimed it had improved by 16% which is untrue.

He also had to apologise after falsely claiming that `80% of the public supported Theresa May`s Brexit plan`; again a made up foolish statistic.

There have been others too.

So nice fella, but a light weight for me...

Johnson is considered good electoral material. Whether he is or isn't remains to be seen.

Most of them are over-promoted as it is - my reluctant choice would be Gove, who is treacherous, but at least is competent.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 14:10 - Jun 11 with 1704 viewsROTTWEILERS

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 13:51 - Jun 11 by basilrobbiereborn

Johnson is considered good electoral material. Whether he is or isn't remains to be seen.

Most of them are over-promoted as it is - my reluctant choice would be Gove, who is treacherous, but at least is competent.

I attended a lecture by the Children's Commissioner a few years ago and she - despite despising Tory cuts and their impact on vulnerable children - described Gove as extremely competent, urbane and a pleasure to deal with.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 14:14 - Jun 11 with 1699 viewsHannibal

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 14:10 - Jun 11 by ROTTWEILERS

I attended a lecture by the Children's Commissioner a few years ago and she - despite despising Tory cuts and their impact on vulnerable children - described Gove as extremely competent, urbane and a pleasure to deal with.

The devil has all the best tunes...

Login to get fewer ads

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 17:33 - Jun 11 with 1679 viewsImperial

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 14:14 - Jun 11 by Hannibal

The devil has all the best tunes...

So many yet so few brain cells.
Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 18:45 - Jun 11 with 1661 viewsROTTWEILERS

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 17:33 - Jun 11 by Imperial

So many yet so few brain cells.

From the Guardian:

Rory Stewart says he is minded to support Labour move to allow MPs to legislate to block no-deal Brexit
Rory Stewart has just told the audience at his launch event that he is minded to back the Labour motion being debated tomorrow intended to allow MPs to rule out a no-deal Brexit. Asked about it, he said:

A proposal is now being brought forward through legislation to try to take no-deal off the table, and I believe prorogation off the table.

The first thing is, I am entirely against no-deal and entirely against prorogation. I haven’t read the details of this. My instinct is I would be wholly supportive of a move that tried to do that. Why? Because no-deal is not a credible threat. Nobody can get no-deal through parliament because we, including me, will stop no-deal going through parliament.

This is extraordinary. The government is likely to whip its MPs to vote against the Labour motion. If Stewart were to defy the whip and back it, or even abstain, he could be sacked - one day ahead of the first vote in the Tory leadership contest.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 18:52 - Jun 11 with 1656 viewsLala

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 18:45 - Jun 11 by ROTTWEILERS

From the Guardian:

Rory Stewart says he is minded to support Labour move to allow MPs to legislate to block no-deal Brexit
Rory Stewart has just told the audience at his launch event that he is minded to back the Labour motion being debated tomorrow intended to allow MPs to rule out a no-deal Brexit. Asked about it, he said:

A proposal is now being brought forward through legislation to try to take no-deal off the table, and I believe prorogation off the table.

The first thing is, I am entirely against no-deal and entirely against prorogation. I haven’t read the details of this. My instinct is I would be wholly supportive of a move that tried to do that. Why? Because no-deal is not a credible threat. Nobody can get no-deal through parliament because we, including me, will stop no-deal going through parliament.

This is extraordinary. The government is likely to whip its MPs to vote against the Labour motion. If Stewart were to defy the whip and back it, or even abstain, he could be sacked - one day ahead of the first vote in the Tory leadership contest.

Raab because he’s got the least dislikes of mine.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 19:16 - Jun 11 with 1651 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 18:52 - Jun 11 by Lala

Raab because he’s got the least dislikes of mine.

Raab wants to shut down parliament to force through no deal brexit, and he's another one with bonkers tax plans, which he'll pay for with "smaller government" (code for sacking public workers).

Also his quote about "hadn't quite understood" how reliant UK trade in goods is on the Dover-Calais crossing, when the Brexit Minister was breathtaking.

Who to vote for in July?, a real tricky one this.

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 19:24 - Jun 11 with 1645 viewsLala

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 19:16 - Jun 11 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Raab wants to shut down parliament to force through no deal brexit, and he's another one with bonkers tax plans, which he'll pay for with "smaller government" (code for sacking public workers).

Also his quote about "hadn't quite understood" how reliant UK trade in goods is on the Dover-Calais crossing, when the Brexit Minister was breathtaking.

Who to vote for in July?, a real tricky one this.

Argh

Well Gove and his white lines for me then 👍

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 19:27 - Jun 11 with 1643 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 19:24 - Jun 11 by Lala

Argh

Well Gove and his white lines for me then 👍

Who voted for McVey?? That's my job.

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 19:42 - Jun 11 with 1639 viewsLala

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 19:27 - Jun 11 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Who voted for McVey?? That's my job.

Not Lorraine Kelly.

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 20:29 - Jun 11 with 1628 viewsspudgun

Which Tory is your choice for leader? on 19:42 - Jun 11 by Lala

Not Lorraine Kelly.

Whilst Johnson, Gove, Raab and Leadsom have believed in unicorns from the start, we now have a Remainer (Hunt) pretending to believe that a donkey with an ice cream cone stuck to its forehead is a unicorn too.

Only Rory Stewart appears to be deriding `no deal` for what it is...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024