Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris bloody Johnson 11:59 - Jun 12 with 4612 viewsHannibal

I have just had the misfortune of watching him launching his campaign.

Oh my word.

Wholly bereft of ideas of how to actually get anything sorted out. No detail to anything. Unable to answer a straight question. Talked up free market economics and defended the financial services industry, (London’s that is of course). Talks in sound bites. Oafish I’ll informed chancer who in turn talks about Corbyn as a ‘danger to our way of life’.

You’re the danger Boris. The only redeeming factor he has is that can be funny. But do we want a fat Aryan comedian with a silver spoon up his rectum running the country? I’ll guarantee one thing. He will widen divisions in society and spur on the right wing extremists in his wake.

If this guy is the answer we’re asking the wrong questions.

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Boris bloody Johnson (n/t) on 21:58 - Jun 21 with 732 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Boris bloody Johnson (n/t) on 21:48 - Jun 21 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Police were called to the London home of Boris Johnson and his partner on Friday morning - after a neighbour reportedly heard a loud argument.

The Guardian reported Carrie Symonds could be heard telling Mr Johnson to "get off me" and "get out of my flat".

The Metropolitan Police told the BBC it "spoke to all occupants of the address, who were all safe and well".

In a statement, it said "there was no cause for police action". A spokesman for Mr Johnson said "no comment".

The Guardian reported a neighbour had told the newspaper they heard a woman screaming followed by "slamming and banging".

The paper said the neighbour was inside their own flat when they recorded the alleged altercation.

It said in the recording - heard by the Guardian, but not by the BBC - Mr Johnson could be heard refusing to leave the flat and telling the woman to "get off my laptop" before there was a loud crashing noise.

Ms Symonds is allegedly heard saying the MP had ruined a sofa with red wine: "You just don't care for anything because you're spoilt. You have no care for money or anything."

'No offences or concerns'
In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said: "At 00:24hrs on Friday, 21 June police responded to a call from a local resident in the SE5 area of Camberwell.

"The caller was concerned for the welfare of a female neighbour.

"Police attended and spoke to all occupants of the address, who were all safe and well. There were no offences or concerns apparent to the officers and there was no cause for police action."

Mr Johnson is the favourite to succeed Theresa May as Conservative leader and the UK's next prime minister.

The former foreign secretary and Mayor of London is in a run-off with Jeremy Hunt, with Tory party members set to vote over the next month.

Mr Johnson came top in a ballot of Tory MPs on Thursday. The first hustings of the second phase of the leadership campaign takes place on Saturday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48721211

And just for balance......

Conservative leadership contender Jeremy Hunt failed to keep his promise to a man with terminal cancer during his time as health secretary, an inquiry was told.

Mike Dorricott died in 2015 from liver cancer linked to the hepatitis C he contracted through infected blood.

His widow Ann told the inquiry into the scandal Mr Hunt had promised to "sort out" a settlement for victims.

A spokesman for Mr Hunt said he had "pushed for this landmark inquiry".

Mr Dorricott, who died aged 47, campaigned for fair compensation for those affected by contaminated blood products before his death and met Mr Hunt, his South West Surrey MP, on numerous occasions.

The inquiry is looking at why 4,800 people with haemophilia were infected with hepatitis C or HIV in the 1970s and 1980s.

More than 2,000 are thought to have died.

Mrs Dorricott told the inquiry, sitting in Leeds, that a meeting had been held shortly after her husband's terminal diagnosis to discuss a "fair and final settlement" for the victims.

"When Mike told the room that it was terminal, Mike got very upset, very emotional," she said.

"Towards the end of the meeting, Jeremy Hunt came to myself and Mike, shook our hands and said to us, 'don't worry about this, we'll sort it'.

"Those were his words."

This sign was placed outside Jeremy Hunt's constituency office in Surrey after Mr Dorricott's death

Counsel to the inquiry, Jenni Richards, asked Mrs Dorricott about her witness statement.

"You say in your statement this 'since that meeting he has not fulfilled his promise'. That is your view and that was Mike's view?"

Mrs Dorricott replied: "Yes."

A spokesman for Mr Hunt, currently foreign secretary, said: "The Dorricott family are among thousands who have faced tragedy as a result of this appalling injustice.

"As well as increasing the financial support for victims, Jeremy pushed for this landmark inquiry because those affected have a right to know what went wrong and why."

The family said Mr Dorricott, who had mild haemophilia, had been given a contaminated blood product in 1982 during routine dental surgery in Huddersfield near his home in West Yorkshire.

He would only discover he had hepatitis C almost 25 years later, and numerous treatments and two liver transplants followed before he was told his condition was terminal in 2014.

"We tried to lead a normal life for the girls, but it was just out of our control," Mrs Dorricott told the inquiry.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-48718498

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024