Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle, Benitez and Ashley 22:30 - Jun 24 with 1088 viewsHannibal

Rafael Benitez is packing his desk up.

The reported takeover by the Etihad lot is not happening yet.

They’re looking for a new manager with Mike Ashley still the owner.

Despair reigns at The Toon.

Yet I notice from the stats, (I quite like stats) Benitez has a win rate of only 31.4% since he’s been at Newcastle. Now this doesn’t seem particularly good to me in the big scheme of things. He’s going, That’s a given. But is it a disaster right now for the club or is it just a case of clutching at straws and Benitez’ reputation overpowering the facts? Or, did he achieve that unimpressive win rate against all odds and they really are frankly, shite and up the creek without him?

My feeling is they could get any manager in with a respectable track record and it would be the same due to in no small part the size and indefatigable support the club gets. Undoubtedly an Etihad oil Sheik would pump the money in but as for managers, does it really matter who they get at this point, without a complete overhaul of players and quite possibly ethos?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 22:31]

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Newcastle, Benitez and Ashley on 23:07 - Jun 24 with 1075 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

If they want rid of Ashley they need to stop bitching about him on social media and come up with a plan.

A start would be to boycott home games, and get that protest to bleed into his other business interests.

He's a business man first, if it starts to hit his profit margin, he'd get shut of it fast. Also the sight of a 3/4 empty stadium might just get the PL to do something long term about their rules. However I wont hold my breath.

They along with Brighton are my tip to get relegated.

Problem with stats they don't tell the whole story. Think the Spanish waiter did a good job getting them straight back up & then keeping them up.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Newcastle, Benitez and Ashley on 07:35 - Jun 25 with 1055 viewsspudgun

Newcastle, Benitez and Ashley on 23:07 - Jun 24 by BringBackTheRedRoom

If they want rid of Ashley they need to stop bitching about him on social media and come up with a plan.

A start would be to boycott home games, and get that protest to bleed into his other business interests.

He's a business man first, if it starts to hit his profit margin, he'd get shut of it fast. Also the sight of a 3/4 empty stadium might just get the PL to do something long term about their rules. However I wont hold my breath.

They along with Brighton are my tip to get relegated.

Problem with stats they don't tell the whole story. Think the Spanish waiter did a good job getting them straight back up & then keeping them up.

They`ve just contrived to lose their greatest current asset and a fine man. Season tickets go on sale this week, but I would think a boycott is unlikely. It would certainly focus minds in various quarters if the fan base mobilised itself and spoke with its feet...
Newcastle, Benitez and Ashley on 08:39 - Jun 25 with 1049 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Newcastle, Benitez and Ashley on 07:35 - Jun 25 by spudgun

They`ve just contrived to lose their greatest current asset and a fine man. Season tickets go on sale this week, but I would think a boycott is unlikely. It would certainly focus minds in various quarters if the fan base mobilised itself and spoke with its feet...

I hope they mobilise, rather than just protesting. I hope the EPL take a proper look at them. I hope that people see the harm that Sky is doing to the fabric of the sport and act accordingly. I expect none of the above.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Newcastle, Benitez and Ashley on 20:33 - Jun 25 with 1030 viewsspell_chekker

Newcastle, Benitez and Ashley on 08:39 - Jun 25 by basilrobbiereborn

I hope they mobilise, rather than just protesting. I hope the EPL take a proper look at them. I hope that people see the harm that Sky is doing to the fabric of the sport and act accordingly. I expect none of the above.

A funny club, Newcastle.

Why is it they never win anything?

A good Newcastle team, challenging at the top of the prem would be good for the competition.

Was the Fairs' Cup in 1969 their last trophy?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Newcastle, Benitez and Ashley on 20:43 - Jun 25 with 1025 viewsspudgun

Newcastle, Benitez and Ashley on 20:33 - Jun 25 by spell_chekker

A funny club, Newcastle.

Why is it they never win anything?

A good Newcastle team, challenging at the top of the prem would be good for the competition.

Was the Fairs' Cup in 1969 their last trophy?

I do like Newcastle as a club, and it is a favourite stadium.

And you have to love their fans.

Once at a Monday night match in January, I watched a thousand of them walking past and most had short sleeved NUFC replica shirts on. It was actually sleeting. I had three jumpers and a parka on, and I was freezing.

But I believe wearing a coat in winter in Newcastle is seen as incontrovertible evidence of homosexuality...
Newcastle, Benitez and Ashley on 20:47 - Jun 25 with 1023 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Newcastle, Benitez and Ashley on 20:43 - Jun 25 by spudgun

I do like Newcastle as a club, and it is a favourite stadium.

And you have to love their fans.

Once at a Monday night match in January, I watched a thousand of them walking past and most had short sleeved NUFC replica shirts on. It was actually sleeting. I had three jumpers and a parka on, and I was freezing.

But I believe wearing a coat in winter in Newcastle is seen as incontrovertible evidence of homosexuality...

Had their chance under Keegan and choked big time.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024