Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans' Forum with Sadler 11:58 - Jun 27 with 4864 viewsspell_chekker

Some good news that we've all been waiting for and very pleasing that we've all been treated equally with the news being released the correct way, on the club's website -

Fans' Forum With New Owner On Monday

Simon Sadler To Meet Broad Cross-Section of Fan Base

Blackpool FC is to hold a ‘Meet The Owner’ Fans' Forum on Monday (1st July).

New owner Simon Sadler will be at Blackpool FC next week and has indicated he would like to meet with a broad cross-section of the fan base in order to start building a relationship with supporters.

The event, which is by invitation only, is intended to allow for an exchange of information and aspirations between Simon and fans as the club enters into this new phase.

In order to make the discussion as productive as possible, the number of attendees will be restricted to 80.

A quarter of the places will be offered equally to committee members of the main fans’ organisations BSA, BST, MSG, TKs, BASIL, Yorkshire Seasiders and Leyland and Chorley Seasiders.

The majority of places will be open for allocation to the wider fan base, by application to the new Supporters’ Liaison Officer.

If the event is over-subscribed, there will be a random draw to help decide on those in attendance, cross-referenced to the attendance list from the March Fans’ Forum to give priority to those who did not attend the earlier forum.

The Fans' Forum will be held on Monday at Bloomfield Road in Rowley’s, arrival from 6.30pm for a prompt 7.00pm start.

When emailing to apply for one of the 60 open places, please answer all of the following:

1) The two questions you would most like to ask Simon Sadler:
2) Your Age:
3) Supporters' Group Affiliations (if any):
4) 2019/20 Season Ticket holder Y/N (block if applicable):
5) Corporate user (ie lounge/1953) Y/N:
6) Fylde Coast based or Exile:

The personal information above is being sought for demographic purposes only.

The two questions for Simon will be used to help shape the agenda even if you are not able to attend the event.

Please register your interest and send answers to slo@blackpoolfc.co.uk by 5pm tomorrow (Friday 28th June).

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 12:04 - Jun 27 with 3169 viewsspell_chekker

I note the SLO is now getting involved. That Steve Rowland? who always does a good job.

"Simon Sadler To Meet Broad Cross-Section of Fan Base" - The last forum with Hatton and Bolingbroke, while an excellent initiative, was skewed by a narrow demographic - middle aged, white, male. I'd hope to see minorities represented for example, more women, young, handicapped, ethnic. A random draw may not facilitate this.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 12:04]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 12:06 - Jun 27 with 3164 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Good news indeed.

Hope they can come to some agreement to stream it live, or at least make a video of it to be available to view after the event.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 13:04 - Jun 27 with 3148 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 12:04 - Jun 27 by spell_chekker

I note the SLO is now getting involved. That Steve Rowland? who always does a good job.

"Simon Sadler To Meet Broad Cross-Section of Fan Base" - The last forum with Hatton and Bolingbroke, while an excellent initiative, was skewed by a narrow demographic - middle aged, white, male. I'd hope to see minorities represented for example, more women, young, handicapped, ethnic. A random draw may not facilitate this.

(looks in the Middle Aged, White Male Mirror - slinks off).

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 13:04 - Jun 27 with 3148 viewsROTTWEILERS

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 12:06 - Jun 27 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Good news indeed.

Hope they can come to some agreement to stream it live, or at least make a video of it to be available to view after the event.

Suggested questions for SLO?

I'd like to know what is replacing Young Seasiders?

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 13:19 - Jun 27 with 3135 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 13:04 - Jun 27 by ROTTWEILERS

Suggested questions for SLO?

I'd like to know what is replacing Young Seasiders?

Spell

Agree that a couple of places should be reserved for disabled supporters.

"If the event is over-subscribed, there will be a random draw to help decide on those in attendance, cross-referenced to the attendance list from the March Fans’ Forum to give priority to those who did not attend the earlier forum".

That should get some fresh faces with any luck. 60 places up for grabs to the general public, should shut up a few moaners.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 13:21 - Jun 27 with 3132 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 12:04 - Jun 27 by spell_chekker

Spell with the last forum there was a greater emphasis on the existing groups ( they got approx 60% ) however the remainder was open invite

There was only 5 women ( 4 were BSA reps ) there however the reality was only two applied for the 22 open places and one was selected in a random draw

The Disability Rep was invited but couldn't make it

Obviously this time 75% of a larger pool will be open invites Hopefully we will see more female applicants

#footballfirst

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 13:35 - Jun 27 with 3121 viewsstu

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 13:21 - Jun 27 by TwelveAngryMen

Spell with the last forum there was a greater emphasis on the existing groups ( they got approx 60% ) however the remainder was open invite

There was only 5 women ( 4 were BSA reps ) there however the reality was only two applied for the 22 open places and one was selected in a random draw

Obviously this time 75% of a larger pool will be open invites Hopefully we will see more female applicants

Who do the tangerine knights represent? Anyone know.

Tangerine is the new black

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 13:47 - Jun 27 with 3113 viewsLala

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 13:35 - Jun 27 by stu

Who do the tangerine knights represent? Anyone know.

I really like this Sadler fella already. Very open and inclusive it appears. Recognises that fans exist beyond groups, forums, sycophants and he who shouts loudest.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Login to get fewer ads

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 13:49 - Jun 27 with 3112 viewsspell_chekker

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 13:21 - Jun 27 by TwelveAngryMen

Yes TAM, it depends on who the applicants are.

Things such as this, and the point raised by Stu, have got to be settled over time, baby steps.

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 14:00 - Jun 27 with 3104 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 13:49 - Jun 27 by spell_chekker

Things such as this, and the point raised by Stu, have got to be settled over time, baby steps.

I'm guessing that some board members had some input into this & have taken lessons from the previous forum.

I was under the impression the TK were disbanding?

TAM

Will yourself and the other board members be there?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 14:10]

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 14:01 - Jun 27 with 3104 viewsjanegallagher

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 13:49 - Jun 27 by spell_chekker

Good to see not just me irritated when I hear committee members of the main fans organisations How many organisations have we got if they’re the main ones Seriously how many do we need?

[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 14:27]

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 14:28 - Jun 27 with 3083 viewsspell_chekker

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 14:01 - Jun 27 by janegallagher

Good to see not just me irritated when I hear committee members of the main fans organisations How many organisations have we got if they’re the main ones Seriously how many do we need?

[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 14:27]

I think the board are playing it craftily.

It's true some of the fans' groups listed on the invitation don't have an open membership policy, something like a constitution, or even democratic inclinations.

Their presence is undesirable to some and In a normal world, they wouldn't be invited.

However, BFC are in a unique situation and the board can't come charging in like a bull in a china shop excluding this and banning that.

All in good time.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 14:30]

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 14:34 - Jun 27 with 3072 viewsstu

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 14:28 - Jun 27 by spell_chekker

I think the board are playing it craftily.

It's true some of the fans' groups listed on the invitation don't have an open membership policy, something like a constitution, or even democratic inclinations.

Their presence is undesirable to some and In a normal world, they wouldn't be invited.

However, BFC are in a unique situation and the board can't come charging in like a bull in a china shop excluding this and banning that.

All in good time.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 14:30]

Hope you’re right spell. So who do the TKs represent? Too many big egos who just can’t let go. Can we get back to being a normal club again.

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 14:41 - Jun 27 with 3065 viewsspell_chekker

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 14:34 - Jun 27 by stu

Hope you’re right spell. So who do the TKs represent? Too many big egos who just can’t let go. Can we get back to being a normal club again.

As far as I know Stu, the TKs are a group of mates.

I've no idea how many of them there are.

Would you reckon there'd be 20 or so of them?

It's possible the board are just paying lip service to the TKs and Muckers for the moment. It'd be a shrewd move.

These groups could do a lot of damage if not handled correctly.

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 15:03 - Jun 27 with 3058 viewstodayistheday

Would be good to see an un edited video from seasidelee,so we can hear how people answer the questions not just some half made up sentence in the gazette. Thought the TK's had called it a day,maybe Oystons are still involved in the club in some way.
Fans' Forum with Sadler on 15:17 - Jun 27 with 3046 viewsspell_chekker

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 15:03 - Jun 27 by todayistheday

Would be good to see an un edited video from seasidelee,so we can hear how people answer the questions not just some half made up sentence in the gazette. Thought the TK's had called it a day,maybe Oystons are still involved in the club in some way.

Yes to a video of the event.

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 15:24 - Jun 27 with 3035 viewsspell_chekker

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 15:17 - Jun 27 by spell_chekker

Yes to a video of the event.

Stu - I know nothing and am making assumptions.

But I do believe that Hatton and Bolingbroke are wily foxes and the Muckers / TKs will sooner or later make some serious gaffs.

I agree wholeheartedly with you but also think we need to give the board a bit of leeway for the moment and let them get on with things.

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 16:08 - Jun 27 with 3026 viewsROTTWEILERS

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 15:24 - Jun 27 by spell_chekker

Stu - I know nothing and am making assumptions.

But I do believe that Hatton and Bolingbroke are wily foxes and the Muckers / TKs will sooner or later make some serious gaffs.

I agree wholeheartedly with you but also think we need to give the board a bit of leeway for the moment and let them get on with things.

imo There should be a MAXIMUM of 3 supporters groups -
Linked to the club - Previously fulfilled by BSA and FPG
Independent from the club - Fulfilled by BST
Neither - Want to be in a group but don't "do" groups - Hoolies etc

People are obviously allowed to do what they want in and outside of these groups. Nobody has to wait to be told what to do or how to behave. Be free ✌️

Further suggestion for SLO - please get some plans together for coach travel from Cleveleys. Make FY5 Tangerine again 🍊

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 16:18 - Jun 27 with 3017 viewsstu

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 16:08 - Jun 27 by ROTTWEILERS

imo There should be a MAXIMUM of 3 supporters groups -
Linked to the club - Previously fulfilled by BSA and FPG
Independent from the club - Fulfilled by BST
Neither - Want to be in a group but don't "do" groups - Hoolies etc

People are obviously allowed to do what they want in and outside of these groups. Nobody has to wait to be told what to do or how to behave. Be free ✌️

Further suggestion for SLO - please get some plans together for coach travel from Cleveleys. Make FY5 Tangerine again 🍊

But to get a st for block a or b you had to go through msg, so no those that wanted a season ticket for one of those blocks weren’t free to do what they wanted. Is there another club that would do this?

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 16:35 - Jun 27 with 3004 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 16:18 - Jun 27 by stu

But to get a st for block a or b you had to go through msg, so no those that wanted a season ticket for one of those blocks weren’t free to do what they wanted. Is there another club that would do this?

Stu

Really doubt that will happen again. Quite a few of Block C seems to have been sold, but hardly any sold for A & B.

(I'm trusting the online booking system here)

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 16:38 - Jun 27 with 3002 viewsstu

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 16:35 - Jun 27 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Stu

Really doubt that will happen again. Quite a few of Block C seems to have been sold, but hardly any sold for A & B.

(I'm trusting the online booking system here)

Let’s hope so red. Unfortunately people seem to pander to them.

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 16:46 - Jun 27 with 2997 viewsLala

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 16:18 - Jun 27 by stu

Things like that won’t be repeated hopefully Stu ☹️

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 18:31 - Jun 27 with 2979 viewsstu

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 16:46 - Jun 27 by Lala

Things like that won’t be repeated hopefully Stu ☹️

Just read on the other site TK moaning because they’ve just found out about it. Can someone from the club explain why they got an invite. They represent no one.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 18:58]

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 19:23 - Jun 27 with 2968 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 18:31 - Jun 27 by stu

Just read on the other site TK moaning because they’ve just found out about it. Can someone from the club explain why they got an invite. They represent no one.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 18:58]

The fact people are moaning about getting no advance warning I'll take as a positive. Everyone getting message at the same time, no one ITK.

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 19:36 - Jun 27 with 2960 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 19:23 - Jun 27 by BringBackTheRedRoom

The fact people are moaning about getting no advance warning I'll take as a positive. Everyone getting message at the same time, no one ITK.

The MSG did blurt it out yesterday or the day before, but no-one seemed to pick up on it much.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024