Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today’s Officials 22:18 - Aug 10 with 4312 viewsLondon_Pride

I thought that they were really poor.

The ref totally bottled the red card decision. You could see that he delayed and delayed having to go to his pocket for a card. From then on his confidence was shot and he made a number of poor decisions during the remainder of the first half and never had much authority over the players During the rest of the game.

And was the reason why he let the players all go off for drinks in the 2nd half? It was hardly a hot day. Despite 2 or 3 minutes for this, a number of injuries and substitutions and time wasting - 5 minutes added time was pretty meagre.

The Linesman on the Ellesrslie Road side in the first half and SAR side in the 2nd was hopeless. The Huddersfield goal was finitely offside. I was in line with the pass and neither Hall or Barbet played the player onside. At one point later on, he refused to even put his flag up for a contested throw in which just added confusion.

Very poor but probably what we will have to get used to during re months ahead. Still, a really good performance from the team. Everyone played a part and never let their heads go down.
Today’s Officials on 17:12 - Aug 11 with 855 viewsjonno

Today’s Officials on 14:15 - Aug 11 by PinnerPaul

Yep - spot on there LSR (& DW)

Think also you have to expect mistakes - ie the missed offside 1st half (which I thought WAS offside) equates to Scowen's 3or 4 misplaced passes - mistakes happen - we're human.

As Clive said in match report he got the 4 big decisions correct for me. Haven't seen the match back yet so can't comment on offside for the pen. Will do once I've seen it.

Just looked at it again, def offside. At first I wondered if Rangel was playing him on (he has done that sort of thing in the past) but you can clearly see Rangel in the picture and he is level with the back four, in fact slightly ahead of the rest, so not hanging back. He appeals for offside immediately the ball is played and the linesman is running exactly in line with play - unbelievable that he did not flag it offside IMHO.
Today’s Officials on 11:00 - Aug 12 with 761 viewsPinnerPaul

Today’s Officials on 17:12 - Aug 11 by jonno

Just looked at it again, def offside. At first I wondered if Rangel was playing him on (he has done that sort of thing in the past) but you can clearly see Rangel in the picture and he is level with the back four, in fact slightly ahead of the rest, so not hanging back. He appeals for offside immediately the ball is played and the linesman is running exactly in line with play - unbelievable that he did not flag it offside IMHO.

Couple of quick looks - difficult to see without an 18 yard camera - could have been offside but no massive appeals/protest and MW didn't mention, so probably just about level I reckon - tight though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024