Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Heneghan 08:12 - Aug 23 with 300 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Sheffield United defender Ben Heneghan has agreed a deal to rejoin Blackpool, Football Insider understands.

The centre-back is out of favour at Bramall Lane and has been on the transfer list since earlier in the summer.

An announcement is imminent over a deal that will come as a major boost to Blackpool boss Simon Grayson as he looks to build on their impressive start to the League One campaign.

The north-west club are top of the table in the English third tier after taking 10 points from their first four matches of the season.

Heneghan spent last season on loan at Blackpool and made a big impression during his 41 league starts among 49 appearances in all competitions.

He has been restricted to a bit-part player at Sheffield United since joining the club from Motherwell in 2017.

In total, Heneghan has made just a single appearance for Chris WIlder’s side in two years.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-north-west-high-flyers-agree-to-sig

Hope so

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Ben Heneghan on 08:20 - Aug 23 with 294 viewsspell_chekker

Very good indeed.

Tilt, Heneghan, Edwards as a back three.

Excellent.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Ben Heneghan on 10:51 - Aug 23 with 286 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Ben Heneghan on 08:20 - Aug 23 by spell_chekker

Very good indeed.

Tilt, Heneghan, Edwards as a back three.

Excellent.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Ben Heneghan on 12:06 - Aug 23 with 281 viewsspell_chekker

Ben Heneghan on 10:51 - Aug 23 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Tilt, Edwards, and Heneghan are excellent back 3.

They're covered by Turton, Bushiri, and Nottingham.

That area of the team should be sorted.

Calum MacDonald is Derby's u23 player of the year. I'm not sure but I'd have thought, although he can play centre half, he'd be cover for Husband at left wing back.

During Husband's abscence we had to shift the right footed Turton over to the left, quite seriously affecting the team's balance and performance especially against Oxford and Gillingham.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Ben Heneghan on 16:17 - Aug 23 with 270 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

He has signed for us on loan until January.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Ben Heneghan on 16:24 - Aug 23 with 268 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Ben Heneghan on 16:17 - Aug 23 by basilrobbiereborn

He has signed for us on loan until January.

Ben Heneghan on 17:11 - Aug 23 with 265 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Ben Heneghan on 16:24 - Aug 23 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Ben Heneghan on 17:59 - Aug 23 with 260 viewsspell_chekker

Ben Heneghan on 17:11 - Aug 23 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Have we now got the best defence in the division?

Tilt, Edwards, and Heneghan.

There won't be many more formidable, ball playing defences than that, surely?

Very, very happy with that.

Ben Heneghan on 19:38 - Aug 23 with 257 viewsLala

Ben Heneghan on 17:59 - Aug 23 by spell_chekker

Really pleased with this. Totally rate the lad 👍

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Heneghan on 19:42 - Aug 23 with 254 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Ben Heneghan on 17:59 - Aug 23 by spell_chekker

Another way of looking at it is :

* Tilt is still not guaranteed to stay

* Edwards is a bit lacking in pace

* Heneghan does make mistakes from time to time

It's a good position to be in, but hardly impregnable. I'd still like another one in, and I'd like us to give Bushiri a run there in the EFL Trophy games.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Ben Heneghan on 19:57 - Aug 23 with 248 viewsspell_chekker

Ben Heneghan on 19:42 - Aug 23 by basilrobbiereborn

Another way of looking at it is :

* Tilt is still not guaranteed to stay

* Edwards is a bit lacking in pace

* Heneghan does make mistakes from time to time

It's a good position to be in, but hardly impregnable. I'd still like another one in, and I'd like us to give Bushiri a run there in the EFL Trophy games.

I rate Bushiri too.

With a solid defence, we can relieve our attacking talent of some of their defensive duties.

Hopefully.

Ben Heneghan on 20:00 - Aug 23 with 245 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Ben Heneghan on 19:57 - Aug 23 by spell_chekker

I rate Bushiri too.

With a solid defence, we can relieve our attacking talent of some of their defensive duties.

Hopefully.

Can't see us playing with a high defensive line.

Ben Heneghan on 22:05 - Aug 23 with 233 viewsvoyeur

Ben Heneghan on 20:00 - Aug 23 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Can't see us playing with a high defensive line.

Obviously a very good signing. Be good to see some imaginative stuff from Larry though.

I am a nutter. I come from the sea.

Ben Heneghan on 22:52 - Aug 23 with 226 viewsROTTWEILERS

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Ben Heneghan on 23:03 - Aug 23 with 223 viewsLala

Ben Heneghan on 22:52 - Aug 23 by ROTTWEILERS

Yayaya love the enthusiasm.

Welcome back sir

Still think he’d make a lovely boyfriend for my eldest daughter. That cheeky smile 😍

Ben Heneghan on 10:09 - Aug 24 with 212 viewsvoyeur

Ben Heneghan on 23:03 - Aug 23 by Lala

Yayaya love the enthusiasm.

Welcome back sir

Still think he’d make a lovely boyfriend for my eldest daughter. That cheeky smile 😍

I'm not a massive fan of the back three. Especially as none of the wing backs we are using are really wing backs, as far as I can tell so far. But also i just prefer a back 4. I hope we play a back four today, to improve the balance of the side. If your midfield is set up right you shouldn't need three big blokes across the back.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 11:11]

I am a nutter. I come from the sea.

Ben Heneghan on 11:04 - Aug 24 with 206 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Ben Heneghan on 10:09 - Aug 24 by voyeur

I'm not a massive fan of the back three. Especially as none of the wing backs we are using are really wing backs, as far as I can tell so far. But also i just prefer a back 4. I hope we play a back four today, to improve the balance of the side. If your midfield is set up right you shouldn't need three big blokes across the back.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 11:11]

Prefer a back four myself. Think Larry will switch from a back four to a back three/five depending on the opponents. Just don't see the CB cover in the squad to do a back three/five every game.

Ben Heneghan on 11:09 - Aug 24 with 204 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Ben Heneghan on 11:04 - Aug 24 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Prefer a back four myself. Think Larry will switch from a back four to a back three/five depending on the opponents. Just don't see the CB cover in the squad to do a back three/five every game.

Simon Grayson has spoken of his delight at Blackpool's impressive capture of Sheffield United defender Ben Heneghan.

The centre back returns to Bloomfield Road on loan until January 14.

The 25-year-old rejoins the Seasiders having enjoyed an impressive season-long loan spell at Bloomfield Road last term.

The centre back made 49 appearances in all competitions and went on to claim two gongs at the club’s end-of-season award’s night.

He brings added competition to Blackpool's backline and is likely to join Curtis Tilt and Ryan Edwards in the back three.

Grayson said: “Ben knows the club, some of the players and some of the staff, so settling in won’t be a problem.

"He is a whole-hearted defender who can handle the ball well and someone who will certainly increase the level of competition within the squad.

"I’m sure the supporters will be glad to see him back, and I’d like to thank the people above for making the deal happen.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/simon-grayson-on-

Ben Heneghan on 11:10 - Aug 24 with 203 viewsLala

Ben Heneghan on 11:09 - Aug 24 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Simon Grayson has spoken of his delight at Blackpool's impressive capture of Sheffield United defender Ben Heneghan.

The centre back returns to Bloomfield Road on loan until January 14.

The 25-year-old rejoins the Seasiders having enjoyed an impressive season-long loan spell at Bloomfield Road last term.

The centre back made 49 appearances in all competitions and went on to claim two gongs at the club’s end-of-season award’s night.

He brings added competition to Blackpool's backline and is likely to join Curtis Tilt and Ryan Edwards in the back three.

Grayson said: “Ben knows the club, some of the players and some of the staff, so settling in won’t be a problem.

"He is a whole-hearted defender who can handle the ball well and someone who will certainly increase the level of competition within the squad.

"I’m sure the supporters will be glad to see him back, and I’d like to thank the people above for making the deal happen.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/simon-grayson-on-

👍👍

Ben Heneghan on 13:51 - Aug 29 with 183 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Ben Heneghan on 11:10 - Aug 24 by Lala

👍👍

Blackpool’s free week should give returning defender Ben Heneghan more than enough time to get up to speed.

That’s according to manager Simon Grayson, who also spoke of his delight at bringing the 25-year-old back to Bloomfield Road.

The centre-back was on the bench for Blackpool’s 0-0 draw at Rochdale on Saturday, coming on for the four minutes of stoppage time.

Heneghan might not have seen a lot of game-time this summer with his parent club Sheffield United, but Grayson says the defender will be ready when called upon.

The Pool boss said: “I think he’s played three or four games but we have a clear week. We will get the right balance between giving the players time off and getting work into them ready for the Portsmouth game, which is going to be a massive game for us.

“We have plenty of time to get Ben ready as well as some other players.”

Bringing Heneghan back to Blackpool on a loan spell that runs until January was a no-brainer for Grayson.

He added: “When I knew he was available and we could strike a deal with Sheffield United, it was an easy decision to make.

“That’s not just because of how well he did last year but also because I know just what a good player he is.

“He certainly adds to the competition for places we’re going to have and that’s great from my perspective as a manager. He won’t need any time to settle in because he knows the club and he knows the players, even if the club is a little bit different to last year.

“He did comment on the training ground and the pitches and all the other stuff that has happened since Simon Sadler has come into the football club.”

Heneghan’s return coincided with the exits of Jamie Devitt and Ben Tollitt on loan to Bradford City and Wrexham respectively.

Explaining why they were allowed to leave, Grayson added: “When players are not getting much game-time and other clubs enquire about them, I feel I’ve got an obligation to let those players know.

“As long as we’re covered, then it will be the players’ decision.

“Both of them wanted first-team football, which is commendable because they could quite easily stay at our club and pick up the money.

“That just shows you what we’re trying to do and we’ve still got time left in the window to try to do some more business.

“I won’t put any figures on it because I’ve learned from that many times in the past but we will be looking to bring new players in.”

Jordan Thompson has been called up to the Northern Ireland squad.

Michael O’Neill’s side face Luxembourg in a friendly next Thursday before hosting Germany in a Euro 2020 qualifier at Windsor Park the following Monday.

It means the 22-year-old, who has enjoyed a fine start to the season, will be unavailable for Blackpool’s EFL Trophy game against Morecambe on Tuesday and the League One visit to Coventry City the following Saturday.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/free-week-a-big-b

Ben Heneghan on 11:04 - Aug 30 with 166 viewsspell_chekker

Ben Heneghan on 13:51 - Aug 29 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Blackpool’s free week should give returning defender Ben Heneghan more than enough time to get up to speed.

That’s according to manager Simon Grayson, who also spoke of his delight at bringing the 25-year-old back to Bloomfield Road.

The centre-back was on the bench for Blackpool’s 0-0 draw at Rochdale on Saturday, coming on for the four minutes of stoppage time.

Heneghan might not have seen a lot of game-time this summer with his parent club Sheffield United, but Grayson says the defender will be ready when called upon.

The Pool boss said: “I think he’s played three or four games but we have a clear week. We will get the right balance between giving the players time off and getting work into them ready for the Portsmouth game, which is going to be a massive game for us.

“We have plenty of time to get Ben ready as well as some other players.”

Bringing Heneghan back to Blackpool on a loan spell that runs until January was a no-brainer for Grayson.

He added: “When I knew he was available and we could strike a deal with Sheffield United, it was an easy decision to make.

“That’s not just because of how well he did last year but also because I know just what a good player he is.

“He certainly adds to the competition for places we’re going to have and that’s great from my perspective as a manager. He won’t need any time to settle in because he knows the club and he knows the players, even if the club is a little bit different to last year.

“He did comment on the training ground and the pitches and all the other stuff that has happened since Simon Sadler has come into the football club.”

Heneghan’s return coincided with the exits of Jamie Devitt and Ben Tollitt on loan to Bradford City and Wrexham respectively.

Explaining why they were allowed to leave, Grayson added: “When players are not getting much game-time and other clubs enquire about them, I feel I’ve got an obligation to let those players know.

“As long as we’re covered, then it will be the players’ decision.

“Both of them wanted first-team football, which is commendable because they could quite easily stay at our club and pick up the money.

“That just shows you what we’re trying to do and we’ve still got time left in the window to try to do some more business.

“I won’t put any figures on it because I’ve learned from that many times in the past but we will be looking to bring new players in.”

Jordan Thompson has been called up to the Northern Ireland squad.

Michael O’Neill’s side face Luxembourg in a friendly next Thursday before hosting Germany in a Euro 2020 qualifier at Windsor Park the following Monday.

It means the 22-year-old, who has enjoyed a fine start to the season, will be unavailable for Blackpool’s EFL Trophy game against Morecambe on Tuesday and the League One visit to Coventry City the following Saturday.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/free-week-a-big-b

I didn't realise at the time that Henegan's load was only until January.

I would have thought that Heneghan is going to be an integral part of the defence and if he can only be recruited on loan then one for at least a full season.

We're risking someone who could be a cornerstone of the team walking halfway through the season.

Ben Heneghan on 11:39 - Aug 30 with 163 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Ben Heneghan on 11:04 - Aug 30 by spell_chekker

I didn't realise at the time that Henegan's load was only until January.

I would have thought that Heneghan is going to be an integral part of the defence and if he can only be recruited on loan then one for at least a full season.

We're risking someone who could be a cornerstone of the team walking halfway through the season.

I'm pretty sure he's out of contract next summer. So I'd guess Sheff Utd will only loan him to Jan. If we want him any longer will probably have to pay a fee.

Ben Heneghan on 11:45 - Aug 30 with 159 viewsspell_chekker

Ben Heneghan on 11:39 - Aug 30 by BringBackTheRedRoom

I'm pretty sure he's out of contract next summer. So I'd guess Sheff Utd will only loan him to Jan. If we want him any longer will probably have to pay a fee.

Hmmm, we could well lose him in January.

If he's a free agent in summer he could possibly, if he's lucky, negotiate a signing on fee as the club he'll be going to won't have to pay a fee.

Ben Heneghan on 11:19 - Aug 31 with 155 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Ben Heneghan on 11:45 - Aug 30 by spell_chekker

Hmmm, we could well lose him in January.

If he's a free agent in summer he could possibly, if he's lucky, negotiate a signing on fee as the club he'll be going to won't have to pay a fee.

Ben Heneghan has revealed he’s open to extending his Blackpool stay beyond his initial loan spell.

The centre-back recently returned to Bloomfield Road, agreeing to stay with the Seasiders until January.

The 25-year-old, who is out of contract at Sheffield United at the end of the season, admits he hasn’t ruled out staying with Simon Grayson’s men for a longer period.

“I’m open to anything,” Heneghan said.

“I’ve just come here to get in the team, play as many games and then we’ll see what happens. But I’m happy and when I play I’m happy.”

Sealing Heneghan’s return was quite a coup for Blackpool given the defender’s displays for the club last season.

The centre-back openly admitted he was keen to make the step up to the Championship as Hull City and Reading were two clubs who were reported to hold an interest.

A deal never materialised, paving the way for Heneghan to return to the Fylde coast.

“I’m buzzing to be back to be honest,” Heneghan said.

“I just got a phone call to say the club are still interested in me. I was surprised a little bit in a way, but at the same time I’d like to think I did alright last year and that obviously sat in the mind of the new manager coming in.

“I was always open to coming back. The club treated me well last season and it’s only got better.

“Things didn’t quite work out the way I wanted them to this summer but, as I said at the end of last season, I was always open to coming back.

“I enjoyed my time here and it’s a great club that has got even better.

“I just want to knuckle down and do my best until I get back into the side. It’s just good to get back in the swing of things and to be back in training.”

On the reported interest from Championship sides, Heneghan added: “There was quite a bit of interest, but I’ve always said that until I’ve signed on the dotted line I don’t believe anything.

“I just keep my head down and when a club comes and does want me, and I have signed, that’s when I enter work mode.”

A big plus for the towering defender is how he won’t need long to settle in, Heneghan already knowing most players in the Pool squad.

“It always helps knowing a lot of the lads already, that’s a big positive,” he said.

“The manager has his views on the way he wants to play so I’m just taking his advice and will look to produce it on the pitch.

“I spoke to a few of the lads who told me about some of the changes, which have turned out to be massive.

“Just looking at the pitch, that’s a big change by itself.

“It all makes the club better and if we can do well like we did last season when things weren’t in our favour, then there’s no reason why we can’t do even better.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-loan-de

Ben Heneghan on 13:59 - Aug 31 with 146 viewsLala

Ben Heneghan on 11:19 - Aug 31 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Ben Heneghan has revealed he’s open to extending his Blackpool stay beyond his initial loan spell.

The centre-back recently returned to Bloomfield Road, agreeing to stay with the Seasiders until January.

The 25-year-old, who is out of contract at Sheffield United at the end of the season, admits he hasn’t ruled out staying with Simon Grayson’s men for a longer period.

“I’m open to anything,” Heneghan said.

“I’ve just come here to get in the team, play as many games and then we’ll see what happens. But I’m happy and when I play I’m happy.”

Sealing Heneghan’s return was quite a coup for Blackpool given the defender’s displays for the club last season.

The centre-back openly admitted he was keen to make the step up to the Championship as Hull City and Reading were two clubs who were reported to hold an interest.

A deal never materialised, paving the way for Heneghan to return to the Fylde coast.

“I’m buzzing to be back to be honest,” Heneghan said.

“I just got a phone call to say the club are still interested in me. I was surprised a little bit in a way, but at the same time I’d like to think I did alright last year and that obviously sat in the mind of the new manager coming in.

“I was always open to coming back. The club treated me well last season and it’s only got better.

“Things didn’t quite work out the way I wanted them to this summer but, as I said at the end of last season, I was always open to coming back.

“I enjoyed my time here and it’s a great club that has got even better.

“I just want to knuckle down and do my best until I get back into the side. It’s just good to get back in the swing of things and to be back in training.”

On the reported interest from Championship sides, Heneghan added: “There was quite a bit of interest, but I’ve always said that until I’ve signed on the dotted line I don’t believe anything.

“I just keep my head down and when a club comes and does want me, and I have signed, that’s when I enter work mode.”

A big plus for the towering defender is how he won’t need long to settle in, Heneghan already knowing most players in the Pool squad.

“It always helps knowing a lot of the lads already, that’s a big positive,” he said.

“The manager has his views on the way he wants to play so I’m just taking his advice and will look to produce it on the pitch.

“I spoke to a few of the lads who told me about some of the changes, which have turned out to be massive.

“Just looking at the pitch, that’s a big change by itself.

“It all makes the club better and if we can do well like we did last season when things weren’t in our favour, then there’s no reason why we can’t do even better.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-loan-de

All good stuff 👍

Ben Heneghan on 19:29 - Nov 19 with 105 viewsspell_chekker

Heneghan has today signed for Wimbledon:-

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2020/november/glyn-signs-no-nonsense-former-

To add that Wimbledon play a back 3, he looked dodgy for us when we played this system. In a back 3, to get the best out of him, he'd have to be employed as the middle centre half and not the right or left.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 19:32]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024