Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inovative suggestion 19:56 - Aug 28 with 2763 viewsDaleView

Now that we have seen the demise of Bury FC, wouldn't it be a good sporting idea for Rochdale AFC to run a bus from Gigg Lane to Spotland on match days so that our friends from Bury can get their football "fix" at The Dale. There is usually plenty of room in the Visitors' stand.
It might also be considered to be a decent gesture if the offer was combined with half price admission for season ticket holders (the "true" fans) which would probably cover the hire charge from the bus company.

Inovative suggestion on 20:07 - Aug 28 with 2709 viewsnordenblue

Theres more chance of the pope wanting to make an appearance at Spotland than any of that scruffy lot turning up
Inovative suggestion on 20:07 - Aug 28 with 2708 viewsAncoats_Blue

I think the club would be better running a bus from Rochdale town centre to the ground. More chance of hooking people with a connection to the town.

I see a few other football and rugby clubs are allowing bury ST holders in for free in their next match. I wouldn’t be against that but I can just picture the meltdown from some of our support at that suggestion.
Inovative suggestion on 20:09 - Aug 28 with 2688 viewsboromat

Presuming this is a serious suggestion, I don't think any gesture of 'good will' regardless of what it is would be looked on to fondly if it came from us.

Clubs tweet today about Bury just got jumped on straight away with negativity.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Inovative suggestion on 20:10 - Aug 28 with 2678 viewsDaleiLama

Inovative suggestion on 20:07 - Aug 28 by Ancoats_Blue

I think the club would be better running a bus from Rochdale town centre to the ground. More chance of hooking people with a connection to the town.

I see a few other football and rugby clubs are allowing bury ST holders in for free in their next match. I wouldn’t be against that but I can just picture the meltdown from some of our support at that suggestion.

Suggest they'd adopt Notlob if they were going to switch allegiances from a Phoenix, which they'll have to do as they are so far from a united fan base that there could be an AFC Bury, Bury 1885 and Bury Disunited make an appearance simultaneously.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Inovative suggestion on 20:21 - Aug 28 with 2600 viewspioneer

You bet...those with season tickets for the scum get in for free while others (eg genuine rochdale fans who dont happen tohave season tickets) pay 25 quid.

I need to lie down in a dark room.
Inovative suggestion on 20:43 - Aug 28 with 2523 viewsrochdaleriddler

Shuttle bus from town hall would be great, might ease parking issues at spotty

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Inovative suggestion on 21:02 - Aug 28 with 2440 viewsJames1980

Ahem, I mentioned a quite a while ago Brighton offering free travel within a certain radius to Falmer/Amex.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Inovative suggestion on 21:07 - Aug 28 with 2421 viewsDaleiLama

Inovative suggestion on 21:02 - Aug 28 by James1980

Ahem, I mentioned a quite a while ago Brighton offering free travel within a certain radius to Falmer/Amex.

Good luck with persuading the driver to do a drop at Spotland James

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Inovative suggestion on 21:50 - Aug 28 with 2327 viewsAncoats_Blue

Inovative suggestion on 21:02 - Aug 28 by James1980

It’d be worth a go in my view, Spotland is a pretty awkward location. ~2 miles down then up hill from the train station and awkward to park around for any desirable fixtures.
Inovative suggestion on 22:07 - Aug 28 with 2282 viewsmingthemerciless

Inovative suggestion on 20:43 - Aug 28 by rochdaleriddler

Shuttle bus from town hall would be great, might ease parking issues at spotty

When I first started going in the 1960's shuttle buses used to leave from in front of the Cenotaph. As soon as the bus was full it left and another one came along. I think the fare was 3p. Buse to Hornets left from outside the Electric House.
Inovative suggestion on 04:04 - Aug 29 with 2082 viewskiwidale

It was a free bus from cenotaph to willbuts lane and free back to town after the game.

This is not the time for bickering.

Inovative suggestion on 04:48 - Aug 29 with 2066 viewsdownunder

Inovative suggestion on 04:04 - Aug 29 by kiwidale

It was a free bus from cenotaph to willbuts lane and free back to town after the game.

I saw a suggestion on Facebook that we should offer free pies to bury fans. I thought,"haven't they suffered enough already"?
Inovative suggestion on 06:49 - Aug 29 with 2015 viewsrochdaleriddler

Inovative suggestion on 21:50 - Aug 28 by Ancoats_Blue

It’d be worth a go in my view, Spotland is a pretty awkward location. ~2 miles down then up hill from the train station and awkward to park around for any desirable fixtures.

Surely the club could sound out a bus/ coach company about trialling this, Shrewsbury do it

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Inovative suggestion on 07:06 - Aug 29 with 1978 viewsdingdangblue

Maybe we could bus them over inbetween home games and they can clean our stadium?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Inovative suggestion on 08:02 - Aug 29 with 1911 viewsmingthemerciless

Inovative suggestion on 04:04 - Aug 29 by kiwidale

Was it free ? Other clubs had similar schemes at the time and I may be getting confused with them.The gang of pals I knocked around with would go to as many games as possible then and you were certainly stuck for choice in this area. Now you mention it I can remember getting the bus back into town after the game. I think even today it would be worth trying again.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 8:30]
Inovative suggestion on 08:34 - Aug 29 with 1842 viewsJames1980

Inovative suggestion on 21:50 - Aug 28 by Ancoats_Blue

If you take into consideration you don't have to go far south from Falmer until your feet get wet. I would say the average radius of the free travel area is around 10 miles and covers buses and trains.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024