Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool 16:13 - Sep 8 with 941 viewsBlackpoolJane

Well I could have got the bus straight to the ground and straight home - but where would have been the fun in that?

Here's my latest blog, brim full of chips (with unusual accompaniments), beer and kittens, with a dash of nudity and a frisk for good measure. I also have a dilemma I'd like your help with please. Read on and let me know what you think I should do...

https://blackpooljane.wordpress.com/2019/09/08/coventry-city-v-blackpool-chips-w
NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 16:40 - Sep 8 with 934 viewsspudgun

Good read as ever jane, you do get about!

And of course it has to be New York - to receive the deserved adulation from the literary luvvies.

Must admit I`ve been getting about a bit too- have done a lot of lower league stuff this year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Have visited Lancaster City, Hest Bank, Charnock, Longridge, Marine, Poulton, Wyre Villa and Padiham to watch games.

Next stop likely to be Congleton and possibly a trip to Sunderland next weekend.

Sadly, as I don`t eat pies or drink beer much they would fare badly in comparison to yours...
[Post edited 8 Sep 2019 16:44]
NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 20:05 - Sep 8 with 913 viewsBlackpoolJane

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 16:40 - Sep 8 by spudgun

Good read as ever jane, you do get about!

And of course it has to be New York - to receive the deserved adulation from the literary luvvies.

Must admit I`ve been getting about a bit too- have done a lot of lower league stuff this year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Have visited Lancaster City, Hest Bank, Charnock, Longridge, Marine, Poulton, Wyre Villa and Padiham to watch games.

Next stop likely to be Congleton and possibly a trip to Sunderland next weekend.

Sadly, as I don`t eat pies or drink beer much they would fare badly in comparison to yours...
[Post edited 8 Sep 2019 16:44]

Spud - You must have some great stories from your travels round the non league scene! So much more character (and characters) at that level. And non league dogs! I'd love to read about your adventures. I'd love to go to NY but not sure I can justify it really. Lots going on here at the moment.
NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 20:29 - Sep 8 with 909 viewsspudgun

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 20:05 - Sep 8 by BlackpoolJane

Spud - You must have some great stories from your travels round the non league scene! So much more character (and characters) at that level. And non league dogs! I'd love to read about your adventures. I'd love to go to NY but not sure I can justify it really. Lots going on here at the moment.

Met two dogs at my last game at Padiham funnily enough!

One was the dog of a fella who I met outside the ground at Marine v. Padiham in midweek, and who was caught out by the £10 admission charge and didn`t have enough to get in. I gave him the £1 he was short!

He sought me out at the next game (Padiham v. Litherland) and offered to give it back! And his dog sat with me for most of the game. Dogs tend to like me!

Doesn`t really match up to yours, eh Jane?

[Post edited 8 Sep 2019 20:37]
NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 20:30 - Sep 8 with 909 viewsvoyeur

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 20:05 - Sep 8 by BlackpoolJane

Would you have to fund the trip yourself Jane?

I am a nutter. I come from the sea.

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 20:56 - Sep 8 with 899 viewsBlackpoolJane

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 20:30 - Sep 8 by voyeur

Spud - I love that you have a dog friend! What's his name? Is it one of these dogs?

https://mundialmag.com/blogs/gazzetta/non-league-dog-day-west-didsbury-and-chorl

Voy - Yes, that's the sticking point. The timing is really bad as I've got a lot of big outgoings at the moment and I can't really justify it. It would be amazing though.
NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 20:57 - Sep 8 with 898 viewsspell_chekker

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 20:30 - Sep 8 by voyeur

Start spreading the news:

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 21:06 - Sep 8 with 894 viewsvoyeur

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 20:56 - Sep 8 by BlackpoolJane

Spud - I love that you have a dog friend! What's his name? Is it one of these dogs?

https://mundialmag.com/blogs/gazzetta/non-league-dog-day-west-didsbury-and-chorl

Voy - Yes, that's the sticking point. The timing is really bad as I've got a lot of big outgoings at the moment and I can't really justify it. It would be amazing though.

Jane. Difficult decision! You must spend a fortune following the Pool!

Would of course be an amazing trip. Your shout I think!

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 21:29 - Sep 8 with 888 viewsspell_chekker

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 21:06 - Sep 8 by voyeur

Jane. Difficult decision! You must spend a fortune following the Pool!

Would of course be an amazing trip. Your shout I think!

There was one, or perhaps two, seasons when I attended all home matches.

There was nearly always a family event that blotted my copybook.

Hats off to you for organising you life around ALL matches. It deserves a lot of respect.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Login to get fewer ads

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 06:32 - Sep 9 with 874 viewsBlackpoolJane

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 21:29 - Sep 8 by spell_chekker

There was one, or perhaps two, seasons when I attended all home matches.

There was nearly always a family event that blotted my copybook.

Hats off to you for organising you life around ALL matches. It deserves a lot of respect.

Voy - I never have dared calculate what watching Blackpool costs me!

Spell - Thanks. I went 13 years without missing a game from 1996. It did take over my life a bit. But I loved every minute (apart from the Nigel Worthington years - they were rough!).
NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 09:19 - Sep 9 with 862 viewsspell_chekker

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 06:32 - Sep 9 by BlackpoolJane

Voy - I never have dared calculate what watching Blackpool costs me!

Spell - Thanks. I went 13 years without missing a game from 1996. It did take over my life a bit. But I loved every minute (apart from the Nigel Worthington years - they were rough!).

That takes a fair bit of doing.

Even during the years when I went to loads of games, I don't think I ever managed a full season of homes. There was always something or other, at least one weekend when something came up.

The maximum number of aways that I did in 1 season would be around a dozen.

How did you start supporting BFC Jane?

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 12:55 - Sep 9 with 853 viewsBlackpoolJane

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 09:19 - Sep 9 by spell_chekker

That takes a fair bit of doing.

Even during the years when I went to loads of games, I don't think I ever managed a full season of homes. There was always something or other, at least one weekend when something came up.

The maximum number of aways that I did in 1 season would be around a dozen.

How did you start supporting BFC Jane?

I never watched football before Italia 90 then I was immediately hooked. I lived in Blackpool at the time and it seemed natural to start following BFC. Cue Billy Ayre and a year unbeaten at home and Wembley and that was me done for. They’ve been my world ever since.
NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 15:42 - Sep 9 with 844 viewsspell_chekker

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 12:55 - Sep 9 by BlackpoolJane

I never watched football before Italia 90 then I was immediately hooked. I lived in Blackpool at the time and it seemed natural to start following BFC. Cue Billy Ayre and a year unbeaten at home and Wembley and that was me done for. They’ve been my world ever since.

My dad started taking me in 1970 when I was a young boy.

We were in the old division 1 at the time.

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 16:35 - Sep 9 with 841 viewsvoyeur

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 15:42 - Sep 9 by spell_chekker

My dad started taking me in 1970 when I was a young boy.

We were in the old division 1 at the time.

My dad took me to my first game in September 1967, Beat Birmingham 1-0, Gerry Ingram scored. Scratching sheds, sat on the wall.

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 17:50 - Sep 9 with 835 viewsLala

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 16:35 - Sep 9 by voyeur

My dad took me to my first game in September 1967, Beat Birmingham 1-0, Gerry Ingram scored. Scratching sheds, sat on the wall.

Great read Jane thanks.

And my dad took me to my first game circa 1976 👍

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 10:41 - Sep 10 with 819 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 17:50 - Sep 9 by Lala

Great read Jane thanks.

And my dad took me to my first game circa 1976 👍

Top read Jane.

Amazing how many people do forget that Birmingham play off.

More cats in pubs please

Go to New York can't turn down that invite. It's about your poem, a chance to make contacts and pick up some tips. Also you'll love the place. (Just remember to tip 20%, think of it as being like VAT over here)

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 18:03 - Sep 11 with 806 viewsBlackpoolJane

NEW BLOG: Coventry City v Blackpool on 10:41 - Sep 10 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Top read Jane.

Amazing how many people do forget that Birmingham play off.

More cats in pubs please

Go to New York can't turn down that invite. It's about your poem, a chance to make contacts and pick up some tips. Also you'll love the place. (Just remember to tip 20%, think of it as being like VAT over here)

Red - Never scored a cat trick in a pub before! That was a rare treat!

I’ve decided against New York. Got so much on at the moment I really can’t justify it. I’m starting a new job Up North (first step to coming home) the day after I’d get back and the commute with jet lag would be far from ideal! Plus I’m doing up property for sale so I really can’t justify the expense. And there WILL be another New York invite! This was only my first submission.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024