Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it immoral to be a billionaire? 17:43 - Nov 1 with 451 viewsspudgun

I noticed that the Labour MP Clive Lewis has touched on it this week, and JoCo was discussing it today on the politics programme at lunchtime.

When is enough, enough?

Should there be a limit on earnings?

Have had this conversation with friends a few times over the years and usually find myself in a minority.

Are we more socially enlightened on here?
Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 17:58 - Nov 1 with 436 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I doubt it.

It's immoral to deal drugs. It's immoral to be so addicted to drugs that you have to commit crime against innocent people to feed your habit. Making too much money seems pretty small beer by comparison.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 18:00 - Nov 1 with 434 viewsLala

I’m an unusual breed whose happy with my lot materially and that’s not much, but enough to live a life worth living with peace of mind but little if any extravagance.

I’m not envious of anyone’s fortune, which is just as well.

Morally that’s a really difficult question. Ideally yes, cap wealth and share it around the less fortunate. Practically I don’t believe that’s ever a workable option. Taxation is there to redistribute but I don’t think any nation would thrive if you actually did put a ceiling count on earnings or wealth.

We just have to trust people pay their taxes and hope there are a reasonable number of philanthropists roaming the earth.

Not really an answer I guess 🤔

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 18:01 - Nov 1 with 431 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

It's the concentration of power and influence that it brings with it I don't like.

Not happy with the 100's of tax loopholes they can use, they still base themselves in off shore tax havens.

Who do they think pays for a countries infrastructure, hospitals, schools, roads etc.... all so their workers and customers can continue making them huge profits.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 18:05 - Nov 1 with 429 viewsLala

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 18:01 - Nov 1 by BringBackTheRedRoom

It's the concentration of power and influence that it brings with it I don't like.

Not happy with the 100's of tax loopholes they can use, they still base themselves in off shore tax havens.

Who do they think pays for a countries infrastructure, hospitals, schools, roads etc.... all so their workers and customers can continue making them huge profits.

Totally agree that loopholes need to be looked at. It’s maybe immoral if not the illegal to abuse those.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 18:08 - Nov 1 with 428 viewsROTTWEILERS

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 18:05 - Nov 1 by Lala

Totally agree that loopholes need to be looked at. It’s maybe immoral if not the illegal to abuse those.

Agree - a rigged system is immoral

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 19:15 - Nov 1 with 415 viewsspell_chekker

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 18:08 - Nov 1 by ROTTWEILERS

Agree - a rigged system is immoral

Spud's back.

You've been missed.

Hope all is well.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 19:34 - Nov 1 with 403 viewsspudgun

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 19:15 - Nov 1 by spell_chekker

Spud's back.

You've been missed.

Hope all is well.

Thank you, spell.

All is indeed good, in this, the best of all possible worlds...
Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 19:53 - Nov 1 with 393 viewsROTTWEILERS

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 19:34 - Nov 1 by spudgun

Thank you, spell.

All is indeed good, in this, the best of all possible worlds...

Philosophy Phursday was yesterday

Login to get fewer ads

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 20:06 - Nov 1 with 387 viewsspudgun

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 19:53 - Nov 1 by ROTTWEILERS

Philosophy Phursday was yesterday

Ha!

And in keeping with this weeks French theme, it is a quote from a character in a French novel by an eminent philosopher/essayist/heretic. But whom?

I`ll accept the character, or the author. And a bonus 5 points for the name of the book.

And I`ll know if you`ve googled it...
Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 20:22 - Nov 1 with 382 viewsROTTWEILERS

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 20:06 - Nov 1 by spudgun

Ha!

And in keeping with this weeks French theme, it is a quote from a character in a French novel by an eminent philosopher/essayist/heretic. But whom?

I`ll accept the character, or the author. And a bonus 5 points for the name of the book.

And I`ll know if you`ve googled it...

Its a quote from the main character in Candide - can't remember his name

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 20:27 - Nov 1 with 376 viewsspudgun

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 20:22 - Nov 1 by ROTTWEILERS

It is indeed, I`ll give you that Rotts. Very impressive.

It has become a word that is used to describe people who are unfailingly optimistic and see the best in everything - Pangloss(ian)...
Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 20:28 - Nov 1 with 375 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 20:22 - Nov 1 by ROTTWEILERS

Kellyanne Conway?

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 20:31 - Nov 1 with 370 viewsjanegallagher

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 20:28 - Nov 1 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Kellyanne Conway?

Kellyanne and George will be even richer when their book is released after the orange one has left the office.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 20:43 - Nov 1 with 366 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 20:31 - Nov 1 by janegallagher

Kellyanne and George will be even richer when their book is released after the orange one has left the office.

I've bought a box of crayons for her as an Xmas present to help her to write it. Just need the restraining order lifting so I can deliver it in my sexy Santa costume....

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 22:01 - Nov 1 with 360 viewsjanegallagher

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 20:43 - Nov 1 by BringBackTheRedRoom

I've bought a box of crayons for her as an Xmas present to help her to write it. Just need the restraining order lifting so I can deliver it in my sexy Santa costume....

I’d stay clear red, she’s one nasty woman.

Here she is bullying a Jnr reporter

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 10:27 - Nov 2 with 337 viewsspell_chekker

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 22:01 - Nov 1 by janegallagher

I’d stay clear red, she’s one nasty woman.

Here she is bullying a Jnr reporter

And Jane's back too.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 10:33 - Nov 2 with 333 viewsjanegallagher

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 10:27 - Nov 2 by spell_chekker

And Jane's back too.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 14:00 - Nov 2 with 325 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 10:33 - Nov 2 by janegallagher

She has the voice of an angel.

(That would be a 72 year old Hell's Angel called Ralph, who's been smoking 60 tabs and drinking a bottle of Absinthe a day for 56 years).

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 18:25 - Nov 2 with 315 viewsspell_chekker

Is it immoral to be a billionaire? on 14:00 - Nov 2 by BringBackTheRedRoom

She has the voice of an angel.

(That would be a 72 year old Hell's Angel called Ralph, who's been smoking 60 tabs and drinking a bottle of Absinthe a day for 56 years).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024