Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away tickets 11:13 - Dec 31 with 1469 viewscocklebreath

Increasingly it seems we are taking the smallest allocation even though we sell out pretty much every away game, Chelsea, Leicester, palace all games we can sell more tickets. Anyone on here able to get some answers? Nick you must be able to get some feedback from the club? Is it the club take small allocations to make it hard to get tickets thus making fans think they need membership or season tickets?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Away tickets on 11:34 - Dec 31 with 1448 viewsthis_charming_man

make away tickets harder to come by so more fans will be forced to go to home games.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Away tickets on 11:45 - Dec 31 with 1438 viewsSaintNick

Funnily enough I sent an e mail to the club earlier this morning and awaiting a reply, 1,200 to Leicester is disgusting.

The reason is that clubs by the rules have to give 10% of the ground or 3,000 whichever is the higher, but they are not all on sale or return, only around half are on this basis and clubs have to either take this number or commit to selling more, the cut of date is 1 month

Some clubs are more accomodating than others and will offer extra blocks a block at a time or on sale or return, some go to the exact date and number if they can sell to their own supporters, ie Liverpool don't want to sell to Saints fans at £30 if they can get £45 from tourists who will spend a fortune at the club shop.

So Saints are sometimes a little stuck in the middle and could find themselves paying out £30,000 for unsold tickets, they nearly had this at Liverpool in the League cup semi and it almost cost the then ticket manager his job, luckily Liverpool agreed to take a block and sell to home supporters

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Away tickets on 12:05 - Dec 31 with 1425 viewsPatfromPoole

I do also think 1,500 for Palace is daft, even if it is midweek. When have we ever taken less than 2,000 there?

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Away tickets on 15:47 - Dec 31 with 1325 viewsSaintsforeverj

Away tickets on 11:45 - Dec 31 by SaintNick

Funnily enough I sent an e mail to the club earlier this morning and awaiting a reply, 1,200 to Leicester is disgusting.

The reason is that clubs by the rules have to give 10% of the ground or 3,000 whichever is the higher, but they are not all on sale or return, only around half are on this basis and clubs have to either take this number or commit to selling more, the cut of date is 1 month

Some clubs are more accomodating than others and will offer extra blocks a block at a time or on sale or return, some go to the exact date and number if they can sell to their own supporters, ie Liverpool don't want to sell to Saints fans at £30 if they can get £45 from tourists who will spend a fortune at the club shop.

So Saints are sometimes a little stuck in the middle and could find themselves paying out £30,000 for unsold tickets, they nearly had this at Liverpool in the League cup semi and it almost cost the then ticket manager his job, luckily Liverpool agreed to take a block and sell to home supporters

I think most of us know the situation with having to commit to a certain amount of away tickets in advance and understand the need to be cautious for Newcastle away, Everton away etc. But we took 3000 to Villa, we would have easily taken 3000 to Leicester on a Saturday. London trips and midlands trips are always popular - not too far etc. For the club to use the excuse that we might not sell the tickets is not logical. What is the real reason I wonder?

Chelsea away - we took the smaller allocation. It would have sold out with the larger allocation.

Away coaches - they sell out within a few days and the club only takes 2 or 3 coaches max?

Palace away in London - it might be a Tuesday night but again we would have sold 3000. We took 3000 to Watford on a Tuesday night for example. But glad you sent an email - we wanted to go to Leicester. Fans are missing out on tickets purely because Saints are being tight or whatever the reason is. And with regards to the travel club, are they considering their supporters?

But maybe it's true that the club are trying to manipulate and control fans into going to the home games instead. That of course would bring SFC money and not the away team.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 15:51]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Away tickets on 06:47 - Jan 1 with 1228 views1ASIN12

The club actually sent back a block of tickets for Leicester after originally announcing we had an allocation of about 2200 .

I suspected this was going to happen as ticket sales were slow - I think they made general sale and they did the same thing last season - however they sent the tickets back 3 weeks before the game . I’m sure like many others we would have sold the 2200 original allocation.

Considering how much the club get from tv rights etc is losing a bit of money a big deal on the grand scale of things .

As stated we are never going to sell 3000 for the likes of Newcastle , Everton, Burnley etc and weekend never travel well to Manchester City but we do travel ok the London and the Midlands .

Will be interesting what the clubs reply is.
Away tickets on 20:29 - Jan 1 with 1144 viewsericofarabia

It seems we are only taking 1829 allocation for Liverpool away FFS.

What the actual phuck is going on?
Away tickets on 20:54 - Jan 1 with 1114 viewsmaxuts

Is there anyway of contacting the club about this?
Away tickets on 19:30 - Jan 2 with 997 views1ASIN12

Away tickets on 11:45 - Dec 31 by SaintNick

Nick, did you get a reply for the ticket office?

Would be very intrested to gear what they had to say and the reason behind it.

Realsically how much would the ticjket office lose?

Newcastle, Everton, Burnley (though Burnley dont split the away end and all teams get arroung 2400) Man City and possibly Norwich then fair enough only take the small allocations as we are never going to take above 2000 for a normal league game .

Wolves, Ason Villa, Leicester, Sheff Utd (next season) and Chelsea on Boxing day we may not sell all the larger allocation.

Brighton, Palace, Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Man Utd, Liverpool, Watford and Bournmouth (though Watford and Bournemouth give the full allocations anyway) we would sell around 3000 for a normal league game. (TV could play a part but hoefully you get my drift)

By my reconing we may have only around 1000-2000 unsiold tickes if the club took the larger allocations so a maximuim of £60,000 over the cousre of a season.
Login to get fewer ads

Away tickets on 21:14 - Jan 2 with 927 viewscocklebreath

Away tickets on 19:30 - Jan 2 by 1ASIN12

Nick, did you get a reply for the ticket office?

Would be very intrested to gear what they had to say and the reason behind it.

Realsically how much would the ticjket office lose?

Newcastle, Everton, Burnley (though Burnley dont split the away end and all teams get arroung 2400) Man City and possibly Norwich then fair enough only take the small allocations as we are never going to take above 2000 for a normal league game .

Wolves, Ason Villa, Leicester, Sheff Utd (next season) and Chelsea on Boxing day we may not sell all the larger allocation.

Brighton, Palace, Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Man Utd, Liverpool, Watford and Bournmouth (though Watford and Bournemouth give the full allocations anyway) we would sell around 3000 for a normal league game. (TV could play a part but hoefully you get my drift)

By my reconing we may have only around 1000-2000 unsiold tickes if the club took the larger allocations so a maximuim of £60,000 over the cousre of a season.

Which is a weeks wages for vestegaard

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Away tickets on 21:21 - Jan 2 with 917 viewsOccasional_Showers

60k is fook all, I work with people who do this much damage in a year and nothing much is said. How much is 1 league table point worth in monetary terms? If we were to take a maximum allocation it Would surely assist the team and add a point or two.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Away tickets on 22:21 - Jan 2 with 866 viewsBuggalugs

A couple of seasons ago we were right in the relegation mix and had Everton 2nd to last away game. SFC took the max 3000 allocation as it was such an important game and even subsidised the cost if memory serves me correctly, yet around half of the top tier remained unsold, so probably 600-700 short of selling out. Same with league cup semi at Liverpool and even after winning first leg, the demand simply wasn’t there to shift the amount of tickets we should have.

This is why the club bottles taking larger allocations.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Away tickets on 22:41 - Jan 2 with 852 viewsSaintsforeverj

Away tickets on 22:21 - Jan 2 by Buggalugs

A couple of seasons ago we were right in the relegation mix and had Everton 2nd to last away game. SFC took the max 3000 allocation as it was such an important game and even subsidised the cost if memory serves me correctly, yet around half of the top tier remained unsold, so probably 600-700 short of selling out. Same with league cup semi at Liverpool and even after winning first leg, the demand simply wasn’t there to shift the amount of tickets we should have.

This is why the club bottles taking larger allocations.

Yes, this true the tickets were 10 pounds. But, we always sell the London and Midlands games. To take 1200 tickets for Leicester is not logical and rediculous. We took 3000 to Villa a few weeks ago. Leicester would be a popular game to go to. We could have even took 2200 and not the full 3000. We took 3000 to sheff utd. Only a few tickets left for Liverpool, a few tickets in one block left after one day of sales. Again Liverpool on a Saturday would be popular, yet we took the minimum allocation.

Everton, Burnley, Newcastle fair enough. At most other grounds, we usually take a good following.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 22:45]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024