Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jan Transfers 08:27 - Jan 3 with 28025 viewsGloucs_R

What do we think then?

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qprs-transfer-window-what-rangers-fans-can-e

Eze being valued at £20m I've read. Also read that Spurs value their defender at £4m

Surely the only striker we could afford would be less than a million, therefore the guy in Scotland?

Quite a few are out of contract in the summer.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Jan Transfers on 14:18 - Jan 8 with 4606 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jan Transfers on 13:58 - Jan 8 by Lblock

Charlton rejected a Bentford bid of around £9Mill hours before the transfer window creaked shut gently

Depends on your view of cheap I suppose

last summer?
that would seem to have been utter madness if true for a player in the last year of his contract?

Bare bones.

Jan Transfers on 14:29 - Jan 8 with 4549 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Jan Transfers on 14:18 - Jan 8 by Antti_Heinola

last summer?
that would seem to have been utter madness if true for a player in the last year of his contract?

I think it was a last minute bid after their main target fell through or was delayed or something. Knowing Brentford LT would be worth £90m by now.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Jan Transfers on 18:41 - Jan 8 with 4163 viewsGloucs_R

Jan Transfers on 13:53 - Jan 8 by Jeff

undoubtedly a talented player, but not entirely sure that a winger on loan is really what QPR need at the moment?

Don't get that one, unless a certain attacking midfielder is off?

Jan Transfers on 21:27 - Jan 8 with 3927 viewsjoolsyp

Jan Transfers on 19:52 - Jan 4 by rsonist

Should say, if Manning doesn't sign an extension this summer I could definitely see a deal with them for him along these lines being a possibility.

Don't Burnley just bypass the midfield?
Jan Transfers on 21:37 - Jan 8 with 3899 viewsHastings_Hoops

Jan Transfers on 09:49 - Jan 3 by jonno

Sign Wells.
Sign a decent CB.
Sign a decent GK.
Sell Manning.

Eze. Sell to Spurs, but only for £20 million plus Amos. Or no deal.

^ this. Been posting similar - we’re on the same page Jonno
[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 21:38]
Jan Transfers on 21:44 - Jan 8 with 3881 viewsHastings_Hoops

Jan Transfers on 16:49 - Jan 3 by 00calben

Clubs willing to pay more for a striker - especially a club looking to survive in the prem. A striker (goals) more likely to be the difference between relegation and survival.

Not that OMc has been particularly prolific in the PL, but 22 league goals last season and the only one in top 6 Champ goalscorers last season who was still at a Championship club. Same with Che Adams (7th on that list) - Soton willing to spend £15m after just one prolific season.

I'm not as optimistic as most that we will get £20m for Eze. Can we really afford to turn down say, £12m? We're only really at the infancy of this sell-for-big-money malarky; Brentford & B.City (citing the Maupay/Webster examples) have been developing and selling players for years

I agree that we are new to this ‘selling high’ scandal and for that reason and given Eze is under a decent contract, If we can’t get a huge fee for Eze this Jan, I would prefer to sell Manning this Jan for an OK fee to tide us over, as we build our reputation (as Brentford and Bristol have) and sell Eze for what he’s worth in July.

It would be heartbreaking and a wasted opportunity to sell Eze before we’re able to command top dollar.
Jan Transfers on 21:55 - Jan 8 with 3844 viewsLblock

Wet Spam signing a 32 year old keeper from Boro in the Championship for FOUR MILLION OF THE QUEENS POUNDS and he’ll be the back up keeper.

1. This again makes the Smithies deal feel such a kin robbery

2. These are the sort of mad prices flying around in the game. It sickens me and furthermore makes me feel like an abused crack whore when I look at how incapable our club has been at extracting such fees in the last six to ten years

For credibility stakes we must ensure any of our better players moving in now do so for fantastic fees

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Jan Transfers on 22:21 - Jan 8 with 3769 viewsrsonist

Jan Transfers on 13:58 - Jan 8 by Lblock

Charlton rejected a Bentford bid of around £9Mill hours before the transfer window creaked shut gently

Depends on your view of cheap I suppose

£3-4m.
Login to get fewer ads

Jan Transfers on 07:18 - Jan 9 with 3560 viewsGloucs_R

Scott Sinclair had moved from Celtic to Preston. He's done well up there, still only 30 but feels like he's been around forever

Jan Transfers on 09:03 - Jan 9 with 3436 viewssparkey

I think we should keep Eze, unless of course we get a great offer, purely because he’s our greatest asset and he will only improve as he gets more experience.

Think about this time last season, we would have been accepting a £10 million bid and within a space of a year that has already doubled, if not more.
Jan Transfers on 11:31 - Jan 9 with 3234 viewsLongsufferingR

Jan Transfers on 21:37 - Jan 8 by Hastings_Hoops

^ this. Been posting similar - we’re on the same page Jonno
[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 21:38]

No you're not. Jonno's post was on page 1.
Jan Transfers on 11:37 - Jan 9 with 3212 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jan Transfers on 21:55 - Jan 8 by Lblock

Wet Spam signing a 32 year old keeper from Boro in the Championship for FOUR MILLION OF THE QUEENS POUNDS and he’ll be the back up keeper.

1. This again makes the Smithies deal feel such a kin robbery

2. These are the sort of mad prices flying around in the game. It sickens me and furthermore makes me feel like an abused crack whore when I look at how incapable our club has been at extracting such fees in the last six to ten years

For credibility stakes we must ensure any of our better players moving in now do so for fantastic fees

Boro didn't want to sell and had no need to sell, and their fans rate him as the best in the league. We had to sell and only Cardiff wanted him. The two situations are not really comparable mate, sorry.
Also, smithies went for something like £3-4m.

Bare bones.

Jan Transfers on 15:54 - Jan 12 with 2876 viewspastieR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51084760
Sounds like Smithies will be cardiff's new number 1. But if Etheridge doesn't leave, looks like they want to get rid of one of their goalkeepers by Feb1
Jan Transfers on 16:27 - Jan 20 with 2598 viewsGloucs_R

Any gossip about us??

Jan Transfers on 17:50 - Jan 20 with 2430 viewscaliforniahoop

Jan Transfers on 11:37 - Jan 9 by Antti_Heinola

Boro didn't want to sell and had no need to sell, and their fans rate him as the best in the league. We had to sell and only Cardiff wanted him. The two situations are not really comparable mate, sorry.
Also, smithies went for something like £3-4m.

Well said, I am feed up of this Smithies crap, two years later, he has just got into the Cardiff team, I don’t know how many times this gas to be explained
Jan Transfers on 22:47 - Jan 20 with 2178 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Jan Transfers on 09:49 - Jan 3 by jonno

Sign Wells.
Sign a decent CB.
Sign a decent GK.
Sell Manning.

Eze. Sell to Spurs, but only for £20 million plus Amos. Or no deal.

I think our central midfield needs attention in the summer as they rarely boss that area. Cameron isn't getting any younger and I'm still not convinced by Amos.
Jan Transfers on 06:42 - Jan 21 with 1997 viewsGloucs_R

Jan Transfers on 22:47 - Jan 20 by Benny_the_Ball

I think our central midfield needs attention in the summer as they rarely boss that area. Cameron isn't getting any younger and I'm still not convinced by Amos.

Agree. Cameron, Scowen need replacing. Amos not ours and Ball is inconsistent. Would be great to get a Derry type player, a leader who can break things up.

Derry and Faurlin in their prime please 😁

Jan Transfers on 06:53 - Jan 21 with 1985 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jan Transfers on 06:42 - Jan 21 by Gloucs_R

Agree. Cameron, Scowen need replacing. Amos not ours and Ball is inconsistent. Would be great to get a Derry type player, a leader who can break things up.

Derry and Faurlin in their prime please 😁

Would agree with all of that, except that Ball has been inconsistent. I think he’s been the opposite. The only game he’s been poor in of late was the Brentford game where I thought he looked panicked in possession and went long a few times.

Still, one bad game of late is still more consistent than most centre-mids in any club, I’d imagine.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jan Transfers on 08:50 - Jan 21 with 1857 viewsenfieldargh

Jan Transfers on 06:53 - Jan 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Would agree with all of that, except that Ball has been inconsistent. I think he’s been the opposite. The only game he’s been poor in of late was the Brentford game where I thought he looked panicked in possession and went long a few times.

Still, one bad game of late is still more consistent than most centre-mids in any club, I’d imagine.

agree about Ball.

I've been very impressed by his strength, touch, passing efficiency(MW phrase not mine) and he has leadership qualities. Tough in the tackle ,as with Mastetson who is right under our noses, so is Ball as your midfield enforcer a la Derry

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Jan Transfers on 09:19 - Jan 21 with 1813 viewsGloucs_R

Jan Transfers on 06:53 - Jan 21 by BrianMcCarthy

If he was consistent, why isn't MW playing him every week?

I've only seen a handful of games this season so totally respect your views 👍

Jan Transfers on 09:29 - Jan 21 with 1773 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jan Transfers on 09:19 - Jan 21 by Gloucs_R

If he was consistent, why isn't MW playing him every week?

I've only seen a handful of games this season so totally respect your views 👍

Fair point. I'd imagine that he was signed as a backup or fringe player, but he's played a lot of late and looks ready to play more, in my opinion, though it seems a straight choice between him and Cameron for the holding role. I'm happy with either, but prefer ball slightly.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jan Transfers on 09:36 - Jan 21 with 1761 viewsHooparoo

Cameron frustrates me. He’s so bloody slow.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Jan Transfers on 09:47 - Jan 21 with 1724 viewsbosh67

Jan Transfers on 09:36 - Jan 21 by Hooparoo

Cameron frustrates me. He’s so bloody slow.

I like Cameron but he is noticeably slower this year. May be the result of Phillips' go at him last season - and that he is a year older. I do like him though. He puts it about, plays sensible balls and is one of the talkers and shouters in the team. Apparently he is a big motivator in the changing room and in training, so a very useful, relatively low cost player to have around.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jan Transfers on 10:42 - Jan 21 with 1626 viewsHooparoo

Jan Transfers on 09:47 - Jan 21 by bosh67

I like Cameron but he is noticeably slower this year. May be the result of Phillips' go at him last season - and that he is a year older. I do like him though. He puts it about, plays sensible balls and is one of the talkers and shouters in the team. Apparently he is a big motivator in the changing room and in training, so a very useful, relatively low cost player to have around.

Agree Bosh. After all, we are shopping in the bargain bins these days. He certainly gets fired up and is an organiser. Maybe the man bun is the true source of his raw power.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Jan Transfers on 11:59 - Jan 21 with 1561 viewssdm19994

Southampton planning a late bid for BOS,

We have the option for another year from my understanding so should be asking for at least 15 million for him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024