Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Rodon 17:13 - Feb 1 with 11625 views34dfgdf54

Won’t be here much longer.

Class footballer
Joe Rodon on 09:45 - Feb 2 with 2128 viewsCooperman

Joe Rodon on 18:11 - Feb 1 by thornabyswan

Cabango is knowhere near the player Rodon is.

Of course he’s not and nobody should expect him to be. Rodon has several years more experience and development under his belt.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Joe Rodon on 10:22 - Feb 2 with 2088 viewsItchySphincter

Joe Rodon on 17:42 - Feb 1 by Kilkennyjack

Joe is way better than both Mikey and FF.

Joe is a rolls royce of a player.
Needs games, the rest is already there.

Only question is around injuries, otherwise he is getting 100 welsh caps.

Why do people always goes on about welsh caps? Does anyone really care? I couldn’t care less if he never plays for Wales, it’s what he does for the swans that counts.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Joe Rodon on 11:32 - Feb 2 with 2037 viewsBillyChong

Joe Rodon on 18:08 - Feb 1 by MrSwerve

He’s just as good as Rodon that’s for sure.

20m for Rodon and Cabango in centre defence next year and I’d be happy, as long as the profit is reinvested to some degree.

Since when have these owners reinvested from player sales?
Joe Rodon on 11:45 - Feb 2 with 2023 viewsNeath_Jack

Joe Rodon on 10:22 - Feb 2 by ItchySphincter

Why do people always goes on about welsh caps? Does anyone really care? I couldn’t care less if he never plays for Wales, it’s what he does for the swans that counts.

There's posters on here who are Wales fans first, Swans fans second.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Joe Rodon on 11:48 - Feb 2 with 2021 viewsbuilthjack

Joe Rodon on 11:45 - Feb 2 by Neath_Jack

There's posters on here who are Wales fans first, Swans fans second.

There's also posters on here who are. Man Utd, Liverpool etc fans first, and Swans second.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Joe Rodon on 11:50 - Feb 2 with 2015 viewsNeath_Jack

Joe Rodon on 11:48 - Feb 2 by builthjack

There's also posters on here who are. Man Utd, Liverpool etc fans first, and Swans second.

And?

That has no bearing on Itchys question.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Joe Rodon on 11:54 - Feb 2 with 2006 viewsbuilthjack

Joe Rodon on 11:50 - Feb 2 by Neath_Jack

And?

That has no bearing on Itchys question.

Club and Country are two entirely different things though. It's not like they could ever play each other. Virtually all professional players want to play for their country. Usually, to do that, you should be playing well for your club. Not always the case with small countries though, as numbers are limited.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Joe Rodon on 12:00 - Feb 2 with 2002 viewsNeath_Jack

Joe Rodon on 11:54 - Feb 2 by builthjack

Club and Country are two entirely different things though. It's not like they could ever play each other. Virtually all professional players want to play for their country. Usually, to do that, you should be playing well for your club. Not always the case with small countries though, as numbers are limited.

I'm not saying any different mate, I'm just answering the question that was posed. Some regard Wales as their first love, and Swans as their second.

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Rodon on 12:10 - Feb 2 with 1985 viewsbuilthjack

Joe Rodon on 12:00 - Feb 2 by Neath_Jack

I'm not saying any different mate, I'm just answering the question that was posed. Some regard Wales as their first love, and Swans as their second.

Fair enough. But they are two completely different things.

Joe Rodon on 12:11 - Feb 2 with 1983 viewsItchySphincter

Joe Rodon on 11:54 - Feb 2 by builthjack

At times over the years you wouldn’t have to be too special to get in to the Wales side.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Joe Rodon on 12:16 - Feb 2 with 1976 viewsangryjack

Joe Rodon on 17:48 - Feb 1 by Glastonbury

Cabango will go further in the game mark my words He is special

Cabango will drift out game in couple years..mark my words not good enough
Joe Rodon on 12:18 - Feb 2 with 1975 viewsangryjack

Joe Rodon on 08:01 - Feb 2 by plasmarljack

Is he related to the Class Rodons?

Yes
Joe Rodon on 12:45 - Feb 2 with 1955 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon on 11:32 - Feb 2 by BillyChong

Since when have these owners reinvested from player sales?

When we were in the Premier League. Obscene amount of money wasted in our last season. Still paying for it.
Joe Rodon on 14:07 - Feb 2 with 1901 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Could and should have done much better for Preston goal yesterday

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Joe Rodon on 14:15 - Feb 2 with 1879 viewsFireboy2

Joe Rodon on 14:07 - Feb 2 by oh_tommy_tommy

Could and should have done much better for Preston goal yesterday

Wasnt just his fault.
Joe Rodon on 14:17 - Feb 2 with 1879 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Joe Rodon on 14:15 - Feb 2 by Fireboy2

Wasnt just his fault.

Indeed

Our midfield went missing but I have no idea what Rodon was doing when Sinclair shot

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Joe Rodon on 14:51 - Feb 2 with 1820 viewsFireboy2

Joe Rodon on 14:17 - Feb 2 by oh_tommy_tommy

Indeed

Our midfield went missing but I have no idea what Rodon was doing when Sinclair shot

One of the midfielders let him go then guehi just let go past him, rodon didnt have a chance to get a challenge in as sinclair let his shot off.
Joe Rodon on 15:16 - Feb 2 with 1797 viewskarnataka

Joe Rodon on 21:20 - Feb 1 by longlostjack

Fernandez as captain and we’d have been well into the playoff places. If there was one player we shouldn’t have got rid off it was him.

Argentina international signed from Napoli when we were in the Prem? Of course he had to go, no way we could afford to keep him on the payroll.
Joe Rodon on 15:22 - Feb 2 with 1792 viewskarnataka

Joe Rodon on 09:43 - Feb 2 by TailGunner

Leicester or Man City....

Strange you should say that, I always thought he'd be in Man City's reserve side sooner or later. He's the sort of young player with loads of potential that a club like Man City would hoover up so that nobody else had him which is exactly what Chelsea were doing 10-15 years ago with Abramovich's money.
Joe Rodon on 10:13 - Feb 3 with 1681 viewsswanforthemoney

Joe Rodon on 19:56 - Feb 1 by PozuelosSideys

What id like to see more of, and what he has done before, is step up and bring the ball forward out of defence more often. Williams did that very well and it seems to cause havoc for opposition teams when central defenders get in amongst it like that, especially when they have the knack of dribbling through like a giraffe-like Messi.

Maybe just needs more time to get up to match fitness though.

Joe has done it to good effect, true. He's also got caught out of position quite a few times and left us scrambling at the back.
With the number of bad goals we've conceded this season, Id prefer Joe to concentrate on defending.

I stand in the North Stand

Joe Rodon on 10:51 - Feb 3 with 1631 viewsBadlands

Joe Rodon on 18:26 - Feb 1 by londonlisa2001

They are both very talented players in different ways.

Fingers crossed we can keep both of them for many years to come.

It would be an outstanding achievement to have our two starting centre backs for the next decade to be local boys (relatively local in Cabango’s case). With another (almost) local boy backing them up or, indeed, competing with them for us and Wales.

To do that we’ll need to move on. Let’s hope we can.

Rodon will be off for a big payday but I fear he is a player who will always suffer injuries and that could hold a move back.
Cabango should leave. He's such a talent but needs to find a side that suits him in the way Ashley Williams and Swansea came together.
If Ben stays he's going to get ground down by our fans who are already lining up to slag him off.
Also, Cooper,will always prefer his loaned players.
IMO, Ben Cabango is a future Wales captain.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Joe Rodon on 11:19 - Feb 3 with 1593 viewsjackrmee

Joe Rodon on 10:51 - Feb 3 by Badlands

Rodon will be off for a big payday but I fear he is a player who will always suffer injuries and that could hold a move back.
Cabango should leave. He's such a talent but needs to find a side that suits him in the way Ashley Williams and Swansea came together.
If Ben stays he's going to get ground down by our fans who are already lining up to slag him off.

1) Why wouldn't Swansea suit him?
2) If Cooper prefers his loan players, why hasn't he been playing Wilmot and Kalulu?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Joe Rodon on 12:02 - Feb 3 with 1550 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon on 11:19 - Feb 3 by jackrmee

1) Why wouldn't Swansea suit him?
2) If Cooper prefers his loan players, why hasn't he been playing Wilmot and Kalulu?

1) Not a ball-player.
2) Wilmot's one of the players carrying "more than a niggle" supposedly. Kalulu was brought in when we were still desperately trying to get rid of Ayew.
Joe Rodon on 12:50 - Feb 4 with 1429 viewsNWSwans

Joe Rodon on 10:51 - Feb 3 by Badlands

I hope when inevitably he does move it is for the money, fair play to him if a PL team want to pay him 40-50k a week. Short career and all that.

I just hope he doesn't move to a team nearer our level in division I mean, would hate to see him play for a Leeds or a Forest. as currently they could probably put 50% more on his salary.
Joe Rodon on 12:54 - Feb 4 with 1415 viewsFireboy2

Joe Rodon on 12:02 - Feb 3 by jasper_T

1) Not a ball-player.
2) Wilmot's one of the players carrying "more than a niggle" supposedly. Kalulu was brought in when we were still desperately trying to get rid of Ayew.

To add to your no 2, cooper has obviously been told to pay guehi, thats why wilmott isnt getting any gametime imo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024