Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What bizarre game!! 11:54 - Feb 2 with 1030 viewsericofarabia

Stiil scratching my head at how we lost 4-0. All 4 goals came from breakaways rather than relentless wave after wave of pressure. We created some excellent chances but the the final passes in the box were too often poor.
The team were quite rightly clapped and cheered at the end. I don't think I've ever left a ground after such a heavy defeat but feeling so proud of the team for the effort they put in. Many scousers in pubs in town complimented us for the 1st half performance and said we gave them more problems than anybofy else this season. As much as I hate Klopp hats off for his praise as well.

Oh well it was a free hit anyway, but still feel we weren't far off getting something from the game!! I haven't seen Motd yet to hear their opinion about us or the pen decision. Right in front of me and 100% Trip. Maybe if Ings had goe over straight away instead of trying to keep running it might have been given.
I have just seen highlights on OS and they barely showed any of our 1st half chances, especially the brilliant save from a Moussa 25 yarder and Ings goalbound shot blocked by Long. Final word .... Friend is a cheating karnt. So many little incidents which should have pulled up for free kicks to us right under his nose waved away, the moment the slightest touch by any of ours and of course its a free kick. WAC
What bizarre game!! on 13:04 - Feb 2 with 966 viewsSalisburySaint

Fully agree Eric

On transport back into Liverpool city centre loads of there proper supporters (not the tourists) where praising our efforts and saying we didn’t deserve to lose 4 0

On trip up there and back on train from Euston never seen so many tourists in Liverpool gear, it was like the United Nations, with Chinese complete with face masks, Egyptians, Japanese various Scandinavians on board just in coaches we were in.
What bizarre game!! on 13:08 - Feb 2 with 960 viewsJaySaint

What bizarre game!! on 13:04 - Feb 2 by SalisburySaint

Fully agree Eric

On transport back into Liverpool city centre loads of there proper supporters (not the tourists) where praising our efforts and saying we didn’t deserve to lose 4 0

On trip up there and back on train from Euston never seen so many tourists in Liverpool gear, it was like the United Nations, with Chinese complete with face masks, Egyptians, Japanese various Scandinavians on board just in coaches we were in.

I read somewhere that Liverpool have a relatively low number of ST holders (circa 25k).
This is by design as LFC make a packet on match--day tourists from around the country and northern europe, predominantly Ireland and Scandinavia.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

What bizarre game!! on 13:41 - Feb 2 with 921 viewsBarnetSaint

Spot on with the match assessment.
Having been up in L pool since Friday morning, the number of tourist fans about on their weekend breaks was staggering.
I would guess tens of thousands at Anfield yesterday were from abroad.
Add the day trippers from places like Surrey and Dorset, the actual number of local fans supporting them was pitiful
They are worthy champions, but to get anything you need to convert your chances and get a balanced referee.
We got k friend.
Enough said.
What bizarre game!! on 06:00 - Feb 4 with 710 viewsareasix

On reflection the reason it was was 4-0 was that we cannot stop a team that breaks at lightning speed or have fast runners into the box we don’t have a fast midfielder all of them are donkeys so billy wizz is gone before they turn around and I keep saying how many goals have we let in from taking our own corner! 10 secs later it’s in the back of our net. 4-0 was a total injustice as we actually had more chances then the home team but they were clinical but Ralph is getting their a few new quick midfields , CB and he has the makings of a very good side , a Ralph side next year.

I would love to see Ralph transform Boufal from a bit part , lazy player to a box to box attacking midfielder as he has an engine but not much fuel to last out.

Do you think we missed Armstrong he is starting to look a dangerous player for us.
What bizarre game!! on 09:24 - Feb 4 with 660 viewskernow

It was a strange game. In the first half Saints matched them but there was always that feeling that 5hey would step it up in the 2nd half.
Painful as it is to say but they have great players that work very hard as a team. We couldn't match them, old frailties in defence and attack cost us once again. We missed Armstrong on that right side.
The most galling thing personally is having to endure all the glory hunting, johnny lately, local reds saying, "after all WE are the best in the World."
Respect to all those fans who support their local team or the one they went to watch every week as a kid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024