Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? 17:08 - Feb 8 with 5766 viewsmagicdaps10

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 07:44 - Feb 9 with 1087 viewsblackpooljack

Nice to see so many of you coming round to my way of thinking, like i said way back in October after Stoke made us look like a league one side, ( the first of many since ) Cooper is way way out of his depth. Now cue a shed load more down arrows.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 9:34]
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 07:50 - Feb 9 with 1080 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 04:41 - Feb 9 by TimTtam

Cooper is the man for this season and the Summer window. We need stability for a small period of time at least.

Next season, I'm not so sure anymore. He'll be under pressure from the get go if we didn't make the playoffs this season. When there's improvements like yesterday when we played better passing football, there's other problems that pop up like poor defending.

He's not being honest in his press conferences. He says we play to win in every game, yet he rarely makes 3 substitutions in a game. If he was honest and said that for some games the goal is to earn a point (away to Cardiff) and hope for 3, then I'd feel a bit better about it.

If we do replace him at some point, we need to choose someone good. Someone who has managerial experience, and someone who is a proven winner. I'd be open for someone from League 1. Some have mentioned the Shrewsbury manager as an option.

If he’s not the man for next season he shouldn’t be having a say in the summer window! That would mean a new manager having to deal with more sh*t transfers a la Peterson!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 08:01 - Feb 9 with 1066 viewsTimTtam

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 07:50 - Feb 9 by Brynmill_Jack

If he’s not the man for next season he shouldn’t be having a say in the summer window! That would mean a new manager having to deal with more sh*t transfers a la Peterson!

My issue is that the club hasn't seen a manager last longer than 12 months since Monk. There has been no stability. The new manager comes in and makes their signings, implements their playing style, and then either leaves or is sacked, and a new manager comes in and has to get the players to adjust to his playing style.

That's what the club has to decide. Do they pull the pin in the Summer and get a new manager to start fresh and make his own signings, or do they continue with Cooper and hope that things improve? There's probably no winning outcome here, unless we get lucky and hit the goods with a new manager. We could be stuck with another hopeless one, since the club initially thought Cooper was the answer.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 08:08 - Feb 9 with 1053 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 08:01 - Feb 9 by TimTtam

My issue is that the club hasn't seen a manager last longer than 12 months since Monk. There has been no stability. The new manager comes in and makes their signings, implements their playing style, and then either leaves or is sacked, and a new manager comes in and has to get the players to adjust to his playing style.

That's what the club has to decide. Do they pull the pin in the Summer and get a new manager to start fresh and make his own signings, or do they continue with Cooper and hope that things improve? There's probably no winning outcome here, unless we get lucky and hit the goods with a new manager. We could be stuck with another hopeless one, since the club initially thought Cooper was the answer.

There is no hope as far as Cooper is concerned. He has brought nothing to a fairly decent outfit at the end of last year. He’s had his way with signings and even with a host of bright new players he’s achieving nothing apart from starting to bring their heads down Cheap appointment and it hasn’t nor will it work. Time to get creative in our manager search, there may be a few proven gems like Potter still waiting to be found.

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 08:12 - Feb 9 with 1051 viewsSTID2017

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 08:01 - Feb 9 by TimTtam

I think the compromise would be to get an experienced man alongside Cooper to advise him where he is going wrong.
For instance, his substitutions are often too little, too late.
Also his insistence on choosing Byers and Grimes virtually every game, and excluding others in place of out of form Celina etc is baffling.
It is almost as if he is being stubborn...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 08:21 - Feb 9 with 1048 viewsTimTtam

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 08:12 - Feb 9 by STID2017

I think the compromise would be to get an experienced man alongside Cooper to advise him where he is going wrong.
For instance, his substitutions are often too little, too late.
Also his insistence on choosing Byers and Grimes virtually every game, and excluding others in place of out of form Celina etc is baffling.
It is almost as if he is being stubborn...

I'm not sure whether that would work. It's blatantly obvious that a manager would and should make earlier substitutions. I think that's just how Cooper likes to make his subs. Keep playing tired players, and give a striker less than 10 minutes to make an impact... As you say, stubborn.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 08:42 - Feb 9 with 1033 views34dfgdf54

Gone backwards since getting his ideas across.

I wouldn’t mind seeing this presentation that won Birch and Leon over.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 08:45 - Feb 9 with 1017 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 08:42 - Feb 9 by 34dfgdf54

I think the owners would have said “hire him, he’s the cheapest option - then Birch/Curt/Leon make optimistic noises about a great young talent etc”. Perhaps they didn’t get as big a say as we think they did?

Login to get fewer ads

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 08:57 - Feb 9 with 1006 viewsmonmouth

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 08:45 - Feb 9 by Brynmill_Jack

I think the owners would have said “hire him, he’s the cheapest option - then Birch/Curt/Leon make optimistic noises about a great young talent etc”. Perhaps they didn’t get as big a say as we think they did?

No he'll have talked a great game of how he made Stirling and single handedly coached young players to win the world cup. I don't really blame them. Like Clement he looked a good fit for our medium term plans. Like Clement he is full of theoretical shit and has no actual talent. The damning thing, always isn't just tactics, it is no player improvement and player regression. We look worse everywhere except defending set pieces. Only Gallagher really looks a player of those he has brought in, and he'll be gone in May. Cullen and Cabango could easily have replaced the other two for my money

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 09:12 - Feb 9 with 987 viewsCooperman

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 08:57 - Feb 9 by monmouth

No he'll have talked a great game of how he made Stirling and single handedly coached young players to win the world cup. I don't really blame them. Like Clement he looked a good fit for our medium term plans. Like Clement he is full of theoretical shit and has no actual talent. The damning thing, always isn't just tactics, it is no player improvement and player regression. We look worse everywhere except defending set pieces. Only Gallagher really looks a player of those he has brought in, and he'll be gone in May. Cullen and Cabango could easily have replaced the other two for my money

I think Brewster also looks a class act. The rest of your post sums things up though.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 09:15 - Feb 9 with 979 viewsmonmouth

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 09:12 - Feb 9 by Cooperman

I think Brewster also looks a class act. The rest of your post sums things up though.

I know, but I just think we'd be better developing Cullen. Brewster will fade out of as many games as he will contribute being so young. and we aren't going up anyway, even if we were to scrape into the playoffs. We would simply get outplayed and outthought by any decent team over two legs.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 09:30 - Feb 9 with 950 viewsminimichu

Managing/ coaching involves so many different facets of football and it’s difficult to get everything spot on but surely recognising when players legs are heavy and need replacing is one of the easier things to identify. Not sure Cooper can.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 09:32 - Feb 9 with 948 viewsmagicdaps10

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 08:42 - Feb 9 by 34dfgdf54

Words and actually doing are 2 massive things.
He either lied about his plans or is not capable of getting them through.

Either way, the signs are not good for him at this stage, worryingly more, not good for the club either.

Hopefully some club will come in for him in the summer.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 10:16 - Feb 9 with 874 viewsNotLoyal

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:59 - Feb 8 by Garyjack

No. Just a few red peppers and a courgette.

You forgot the ability to put some extra red onion on, and the glaze for the meat was completely forgotten making it a tasteless ill thought out attempt.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 11:45 - Feb 9 with 850 views34dfgdf54

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 09:32 - Feb 9 by magicdaps10

Words and actually doing are 2 massive things.
He either lied about his plans or is not capable of getting them through.

Either way, the signs are not good for him at this stage, worryingly more, not good for the club either.

Hopefully some club will come in for him in the summer.

I’d be amazed if any club wanted him in the summer.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 11:50 - Feb 9 with 839 viewsEbo

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:57 - Feb 8 by monmouth

Did we put all the meat on the barbecue?

Yes and forgot to light it

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 11:52 - Feb 9 with 841 viewsGowerjack

Clearly not.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 14:36 - Feb 9 with 761 viewsDJack

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 19:44 - Feb 8 by PozuelosSideys

Im torn. On one hand the players do themselves absolutely no favours on the pitch. They often switch off, make far, far too many mistakes which get punished. Choose the wrong options, miss easy passes etc. You can argue thats the coach, but he cant do much about it for them and they have to cop some of the flak.

On the other hand we are so slow to move the ball. Look clueless in the final third. Dont seem to have the ability to change tactics well and keep repeating what we do over and over and that is very much the coaches job.

I know he is young and learning on the job, but with every game im getting more close to be in the No he aint camp.

Tidy post mate.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 09:47 - Feb 10 with 644 viewsBryanSwan

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 23:34 - Feb 8 by QJumpingJack

If we beat QPR on Tuesday then everyone will be happy again as we won't be that far off the play-offs.

We have to give Cooper a chance. Leon and Curt must have seen something last Summer when the interviews took place.

I doubt very much we can afford to get rid of Cooper and Marsh, and who could we afford to get in?

Cooper needs at least another 12 months/two transfer windows.

Another 12 months of the rubbish Cooper is serving up?
Adding to that how much worse we will be after any decent players leave in the summer.
Can see him getting the summer, but once we are struggling come October he will be gone.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 11:51 - Feb 10 with 593 viewsFlashberryjack

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 11:45 - Feb 9 by 34dfgdf54

I’d be amazed if any club wanted him in the summer.

The one thing we need not worry about, is another club poaching our manager.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 12:11 - Feb 10 with 571 viewsSwansea93

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 04:41 - Feb 9 by TimTtam

Cooper is the man for this season and the Summer window. We need stability for a small period of time at least.

Next season, I'm not so sure anymore. He'll be under pressure from the get go if we didn't make the playoffs this season. When there's improvements like yesterday when we played better passing football, there's other problems that pop up like poor defending.

He's not being honest in his press conferences. He says we play to win in every game, yet he rarely makes 3 substitutions in a game. If he was honest and said that for some games the goal is to earn a point (away to Cardiff) and hope for 3, then I'd feel a bit better about it.

If we do replace him at some point, we need to choose someone good. Someone who has managerial experience, and someone who is a proven winner. I'd be open for someone from League 1. Some have mentioned the Shrewsbury manager as an option.

Appointing from the lower leagues can work out well as long as he's the right manager, how many Sheffield United fans thought Chris Wilder would have turned out as good as he's doing now when they brought him in from Northampton Town.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024