Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? 17:08 - Feb 8 with 5764 viewsmagicdaps10

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 21:19 - Feb 8 with 1149 viewsmahoss

His only and best chance is this season,but he’s blown it after today and he knows it.
They’ll keep him until the start of next season to save face,but I reckon he’ll be gone by Oct/nov because of poor results.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 21:21 - Feb 8 with 1138 viewsDr_Winston

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 19:54 - Feb 8 by PozuelosSideys

We are just lethargic. So slow moving the ball. We turn the ball over and just wait.. and wait.. and wait until the opposition have got everyone back behind the ball and then try and pick our way through the two bank of four. Why do we do it, its annoying! Players should be busting their ass trying to get ahead of the ball or out wide into space. Playing proper wingers wont help much as we will take forever to get the ball to them and then theyll just get blocked out.

Its no coincidence the likes of Connor has sucked this season but was very good last season. He was able to get up and down and the ball was moved wide and forward quickly. The players are confused and uncoordinated about what they are suposed to do when we have possession.

Roberts has been going backwards since well before Cooper got hold of him.

Given the general malaise about the squad and almost total lack of improvement in any player since he took over it's hard to see that situation changing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 21:23 - Feb 8 with 1133 viewsminimichu

Does anyone think we were desperate for fresh legs in last quarter today? I did, Cooper didn’t.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 21:28 - Feb 8 with 1108 viewsBadlands

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 19:32 - Feb 8 by jackrabbit

I was nothing to do with ‘gung ho’. It was appalling execution by Routs - squaring a perfect short pass to the opposition from which they ran through to score the 3rd goal. Some of our passing was abysmal when it mattered. I didn’t see Cooper make a pass all day.

Poor pass (in the Debt half if my view was clear) but he had just fought Derby players to win the ball and had no support. Derby still had to get the ball to the edge of the Rea which almost fluffed and past 4 defenders and a goalkeeper.
During the rest of the game he ran his heart out and supplied five very good balls into the box.
MotM with Gallagher by a long way for me today.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 21:29 - Feb 8 with 1106 viewsswan65split

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 21:23 - Feb 8 by minimichu

Does anyone think we were desperate for fresh legs in last quarter today? I did, Cooper didn’t.

Dont know about legs, but Dhanda was something different , running at them at speed, not criss crossy looking for the slip pass .

We desperately lack ideas, and we have the same one taking all the Fk and corners......poorly.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 21:33 - Feb 8 with 1091 viewsDr_Winston

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 21:29 - Feb 8 by swan65split

Dont know about legs, but Dhanda was something different , running at them at speed, not criss crossy looking for the slip pass .

We desperately lack ideas, and we have the same one taking all the Fk and corners......poorly.

Dhanda was a prime example of where Cooper is going wrong.

Is he a great player? Probably not. Has he had anything like a decent run in the team to prove himself one way or another? No, clearly not. Have Grimes and Byers had game after game, week after week to prove themselves and almost invariably been shite in them? Yes, they have, but they'll be picked again next game if they're fit.

Cooper loves tinkering but some players are bulletproof no matter how little they contribute.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 21:43 - Feb 8 with 1054 viewsNortbankboy

We are just lethargic. So slow moving the ball. We turn the ball over and just wait.. and wait.. and wait until the opposition have got everyone back behind the ball and then try and pick our way through the two bank of four. Why do we do it, its annoying! Players should be busting their ass trying to get ahead of the ball or out wide into space. Playing proper wingers wont help much as we will take forever to get the ball to them and then theyll just get blocked out.

Its no coincidence the likes of Connor has sucked this season but was very good last season. He was able to get up and down and the ball was moved wide and forward quickly. The players are confused and uncoordinated about what they are suposed to do when we have possession.

Yes I agree,he s try to play narrow between the lines.
I'd rather play the way Rodgers did wide and with pace.
Much more exciting to watch
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 21:50 - Feb 8 with 1045 viewsjasper_T

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 21:43 - Feb 8 by Nortbankboy

Yes I agree,he s try to play narrow between the lines.
I'd rather play the way Rodgers did wide and with pace.
Much more exciting to watch

Very difficult to play between the lines in the middle of the park without stretching teams across the full width of it to create the spaces.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 21:55 - Feb 8 with 1033 viewsDr_Winston

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 21:50 - Feb 8 by jasper_T

Very difficult to play between the lines in the middle of the park without stretching teams across the full width of it to create the spaces.

There's still people out there who think all Cooper needs is to be allowed to sign wingers. He signed wingers. He had absolutely no interest in using them.

We're playing exactly the way Cooper wants to play and all I can imagine is Paul Clement standing up and applauding.

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 21:56 - Feb 8 with 1027 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Fair play, as good a description of our play as any I’ve read on here.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 21:58 - Feb 8 with 1020 viewsNortbankboy

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 21:56 - Feb 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Fair play, as good a description of our play as any I’ve read on here.

I don't think he is as bad as pau l Clement yet.
He just bored every fecker to death
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 22:03 - Feb 8 with 1010 viewsSwanjaxs

93.6% b#*e...

The good people of Planet Swans have spoken

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 22:13 - Feb 8 with 999 viewsSmellyplumz

He's definitely the man to take us backwards. Complete fraud

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 22:21 - Feb 8 with 981 viewsjasper_T

He wants us to play like Liverpool but 1) we ain't Liverpool, 2) teams don't set up against us like we're Liverpool, and 3) our fullbacks aren't anything like Liverpool's in what they can offer in the final third. No one's scared of Roberts or Naughton having time on the ball to measure a cross.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 22:30 - Feb 8 with 954 viewswestside

Did anyone think he was a good appointment in the first place ?

Maybe he conned everyone in believing he was the new Brendan Rodgers but he ain't.

Fans have been patient and supportive but can see through him now.

Haven't had a decent performance all season.

Yanks are absent owners who ain't there watching like with Clement who should of been sacked sooner then we could have stayed up in the Prem.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 22:33 - Feb 8 with 942 viewsmajorraglan

Roberts has been decent for Wales and gets forward a lot more.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 22:44 - Feb 8 with 918 viewsKilkennyjack

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 22:33 - Feb 8 by majorraglan

Roberts has been decent for Wales and gets forward a lot more.

Roberts was defo not our problem today.

Missing a hard nosed centre midfielder who can sit deep and stop teams using the number 10 space whenever they feel like. Stops 2 of todays goals for sure. Noble (west ham) type....?

Beware of the Risen People

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 23:18 - Feb 8 with 872 viewsAngelRangelQS

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 22:44 - Feb 8 by Kilkennyjack

Roberts was defo not our problem today.

Missing a hard nosed centre midfielder who can sit deep and stop teams using the number 10 space whenever they feel like. Stops 2 of todays goals for sure. Noble (west ham) type....?

We are missing a central midfielder who can offer us the types of things that central midfielders should offer.

Don’t have one prepared to make any forward runs, have shots, try a killer pass, tackle, be a physical presence. I’d argue that Celina and Dhanda are the closest we’ve got to matching a couple of those attributes but for some reason, Cooper doesn’t like either of them playing there.

I don’t know what Grimes, Byers or Fulton really offer us.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 23:34 - Feb 8 with 847 viewsQJumpingJack

If we beat QPR on Tuesday then everyone will be happy again as we won't be that far off the play-offs.

We have to give Cooper a chance. Leon and Curt must have seen something last Summer when the interviews took place.

I doubt very much we can afford to get rid of Cooper and Marsh, and who could we afford to get in?

Cooper needs at least another 12 months/two transfer windows.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 23:42 - Feb 8 with 830 viewstheloneranger

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 21:29 - Feb 8 by swan65split

Andy Robinson said on the radio that it's time to take the dead ball situations away from Grimes as he's had a fair crack and is not delivering.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 23:49 - Feb 8 with 814 viewsAngelRangelQS

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 23:34 - Feb 8 by QJumpingJack

If we beat QPR on Tuesday then everyone will be happy again as we won't be that far off the play-offs.

We have to give Cooper a chance. Leon and Curt must have seen something last Summer when the interviews took place.

I doubt very much we can afford to get rid of Cooper and Marsh, and who could we afford to get in?

Cooper needs at least another 12 months/two transfer windows.

What difference does it make if Leon and Curtis saw something in him? What experience do they have of appointing managers?

Cooper initially talked a good game but looks massively out of his depth. There are no signs whatsoever that he is able to make a success of it here. If another couple of windows means we end up signing more players like Bidwell, Peterson and a bunch of kids he used to coach then it’s a no from me.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 23:54 - Feb 8 with 806 viewsTNT

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:37 - Feb 8 by Garyjack

When you're used to coaching youngsters, what you experience in the main is that when one set of youngsters get the upper hand in a game, they usually go on to win.
It's not like that when you are dealing with hardened professionals, no matter what level you are playing/coaching at, the game can turn on a sixpence.
By going 'gung ho' against Derby late on today with the attacking presence they had was nothing short of tactical suicide. The man doesn't seem to understand that he's playing with the big boys now.

With due respect Gar, people on here wanted 'Gung ho' at cardiff.

The guy can't win... nor will the next guy.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 01:05 - Feb 9 with 760 viewsswan65split

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 23:42 - Feb 8 by theloneranger

Andy Robinson said on the radio that it's time to take the dead ball situations away from Grimes as he's had a fair crack and is not delivering.

Thats been evident for a while.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 01:08 - Feb 9 with 759 viewsswan65split

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 23:54 - Feb 8 by TNT

With due respect Gar, people on here wanted 'Gung ho' at cardiff.

The guy can't win... nor will the next guy.

Yes your correct, without being classed as a stuck record.......blame that on who said "the next level"

Cant see any money being spent on players, yet one or 2 , possible 3 will be sold in the Summer.

Good times ahead
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 04:41 - Feb 9 with 722 viewsTimTtam

Cooper is the man for this season and the Summer window. We need stability for a small period of time at least.

Next season, I'm not so sure anymore. He'll be under pressure from the get go if we didn't make the playoffs this season. When there's improvements like yesterday when we played better passing football, there's other problems that pop up like poor defending.

He's not being honest in his press conferences. He says we play to win in every game, yet he rarely makes 3 substitutions in a game. If he was honest and said that for some games the goal is to earn a point (away to Cardiff) and hope for 3, then I'd feel a bit better about it.

If we do replace him at some point, we need to choose someone good. Someone who has managerial experience, and someone who is a proven winner. I'd be open for someone from League 1. Some have mentioned the Shrewsbury manager as an option.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024