Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flooding 13:14 - Feb 9 with 1411 viewsLala

Daughters train home from York is terminating at Bradford due to flooding.

Is there flooding on the roads from Blackpool to Bradford that would prevent someone picking her up does anyone know?

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Flooding on 14:20 - Feb 9 with 1399 viewsspudgun

Sorry, can`t help there, Lala.

Just been to St Michaels and I`ve never seen the River Wyre so high - had burst its bank in several places.

Couldn`t get back home and had to leave the van 1/2 a mile away down the lane and walk the rest.

High tides, a full moon and gales are a perfect recipe for disaster. And the lack of dredging rivers and routine maintenance on them, of course.

Expect to see Boris in a hi-viz jacket somewhere on a photo call, bumbling on about pretending to do something, sometime, perhaps, well not really...
Flooding on 14:39 - Feb 9 with 1397 viewsLala

Flooding on 14:20 - Feb 9 by spudgun

Sorry, can`t help there, Lala.

Just been to St Michaels and I`ve never seen the River Wyre so high - had burst its bank in several places.

Couldn`t get back home and had to leave the van 1/2 a mile away down the lane and walk the rest.

High tides, a full moon and gales are a perfect recipe for disaster. And the lack of dredging rivers and routine maintenance on them, of course.

Expect to see Boris in a hi-viz jacket somewhere on a photo call, bumbling on about pretending to do something, sometime, perhaps, well not really...

It’s really bad then isnt it. They’ve booked a room at a place in Bradford and will try to get back tomorrow.
You just have to go with the flow literally don’t you when stuff like this happens.

She’s off to buy new pj’s and then out for a curry for tea so sounds 👌 to me!

Thanks Spud, hope your vans ok 😩

Flooding on 14:56 - Feb 9 with 1392 viewsspudgun

Flooding on 14:39 - Feb 9 by Lala

It’s really bad then isnt it. They’ve booked a room at a place in Bradford and will try to get back tomorrow.
You just have to go with the flow literally don’t you when stuff like this happens.

She’s off to buy new pj’s and then out for a curry for tea so sounds 👌 to me!

Thanks Spud, hope your vans ok 😩

Yep, days like today are a bit of an adventure, they will remember their stay in Bradford!

Tried three different lanes to get back home and all flooded. The River Wyre was quite a sight.

Don`t worry about the van, I will send mrs spud out to get it whilst I`m watching football...
Flooding on 15:05 - Feb 9 with 1391 viewsLala

Flooding on 14:56 - Feb 9 by spudgun

Yep, days like today are a bit of an adventure, they will remember their stay in Bradford!

Tried three different lanes to get back home and all flooded. The River Wyre was quite a sight.

Don`t worry about the van, I will send mrs spud out to get it whilst I`m watching football...

Pampered pooch indeed

Flooding on 16:42 - Feb 9 with 1382 viewsROTTWEILERS

Flooding on 15:05 - Feb 9 by Lala

Pampered pooch indeed

Bit brisk in FY5 but no obstacle to Sunday Club.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Flooding on 17:47 - Feb 9 with 1380 viewsLala

Flooding on 16:42 - Feb 9 by ROTTWEILERS

Bit brisk in FY5 but no obstacle to Sunday Club.

Catastrophe averted Rotty 👍

Flooding on 18:35 - Feb 9 with 1377 viewsspell_chekker

Flooding on 17:47 - Feb 9 by Lala

Catastrophe averted Rotty 👍

Well I never.

I didn't know you could buy pyjamas in Bradford on a Sunday.

I don't care either way as I don't ever wear them.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Flooding on 18:54 - Feb 9 with 1376 viewsLala

Flooding on 18:35 - Feb 9 by spell_chekker

Well I never.

I didn't know you could buy pyjamas in Bradford on a Sunday.

I don't care either way as I don't ever wear them.

Primark I think she said Spell. And they’ve found a Nando’s now instead of a curry.

Login to get fewer ads

Flooding on 18:56 - Feb 9 with 1374 viewsspell_chekker

Flooding on 18:54 - Feb 9 by Lala

Primark I think she said Spell. And they’ve found a Nando’s now instead of a curry.

Floods in Blackpool Lala:

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/emergency-services-rescue-driver-flo

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Flooding on 18:57 - Feb 9 with 1371 viewsspell_chekker

Flooding on 18:56 - Feb 9 by spell_chekker

Floods in Blackpool Lala:

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/emergency-services-rescue-driver-flo

I'm not worried about Spud but pray for his wife.

He's sent her out!!!!!

Flooding on 19:09 - Feb 9 with 1369 viewsspudgun

Flooding on 18:57 - Feb 9 by spell_chekker

I'm not worried about Spud but pray for his wife.

He's sent her out!!!!!

Fake news I`m afraid, spell - and not surprising from someone who deems it not necessary to wear pj`s.

As football was cancelled I went myself in the pitch blackness (no street lights here) with a dog`s high-viz coat wrapped over my parka (on mrs spud`s insistence in the unlikely event of meeting any traffic) to collect it myself.

Coincidently enough mrs spud was perusing the M&S website earlier and I asked her to order some new pj`s and a dressing gown for me.

The` interconnectedness of all things` or `Baader Meinhof Complex` - or neither?

Red will know...
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 19:09]
Flooding on 19:26 - Feb 9 with 1360 viewsLala

Flooding on 19:09 - Feb 9 by spudgun

Fake news I`m afraid, spell - and not surprising from someone who deems it not necessary to wear pj`s.

As football was cancelled I went myself in the pitch blackness (no street lights here) with a dog`s high-viz coat wrapped over my parka (on mrs spud`s insistence in the unlikely event of meeting any traffic) to collect it myself.

Coincidently enough mrs spud was perusing the M&S website earlier and I asked her to order some new pj`s and a dressing gown for me.

The` interconnectedness of all things` or `Baader Meinhof Complex` - or neither?

Red will know...

Who doesn’t love new pj’s 🤗

My daughter’s get new pairs every bloody week. It’s a comfort thing as the first thing we all do when we get home is out of day clothes and into lounge wear ( pj’s to you and me).

Flooding (n/t) on 19:30 - Feb 9 with 1358 viewsspell_chekker

Flooding on 19:26 - Feb 9 by Lala

My daughter’s get new pairs every bloody week. It’s a comfort thing as the first thing we all do when we get home is out of day clothes and into lounge wear ( pj’s to you and me).

[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 19:31]

Flooding on 19:30 - Feb 9 with 1357 viewsspudgun

Flooding on 19:26 - Feb 9 by Lala

Some days in winter I just stay in my pj`s to cut down on the work of changing again later on. Still walk the dogs with my parka and wellies on, and if I meet anyone they think I`m just wearing tartan pants.

Slippery slope, I know...
Flooding on 19:36 - Feb 9 with 1351 viewsspell_chekker

Flooding on 19:30 - Feb 9 by spudgun

Some days in winter I just stay in my pj`s to cut down on the work of changing again later on. Still walk the dogs with my parka and wellies on, and if I meet anyone they think I`m just wearing tartan pants.

Slippery slope, I know...

OK, it's confession time.

I don't live full time with my partner.

On the occasion that I can't be bothered, I've got a tendancy to sleep in, go to work in, an sleep in again (without showering) the same under t-shirt and undies.

Squirt, squirt, deodorant and eau de toilette.

Not all the time mind!!

Gym and shower nearly every day Monday to Friday.

Flooding on 19:43 - Feb 9 with 1349 viewsLala

Flooding on 19:36 - Feb 9 by spell_chekker

OK, it's confession time.

I don't live full time with my partner.

On the occasion that I can't be bothered, I've got a tendancy to sleep in, go to work in, an sleep in again (without showering) the same under t-shirt and undies.

Squirt, squirt, deodorant and eau de toilette.

Not all the time mind!!

Gym and shower nearly every day Monday to Friday.

I’ve had mine on all day as I’m not tip top. My granddaughter said I could easy go out in my pj’s as they just look like Spanish pants 🤷‍♀️ don’t ask me.

Flooding on 20:43 - Feb 9 with 1345 viewsspell_chekker

Flooding on 19:43 - Feb 9 by Lala

I’ve had mine on all day as I’m not tip top. My granddaughter said I could easy go out in my pj’s as they just look like Spanish pants 🤷‍♀️ don’t ask me.

Spanish pants?

I've no doubt they must be OK for pottering about.

I've just put tomorrow's bins out in my skimpies.

Will do the same with the recycling bins tomorrow.

Flooding on 20:55 - Feb 9 with 1343 viewsLala

Flooding on 20:43 - Feb 9 by spell_chekker

Spanish pants?

I've no doubt they must be OK for pottering about.

I've just put tomorrow's bins out in my skimpies.

Will do the same with the recycling bins tomorrow.

Your skimpies would be ripped off your backside if you tried to do that in this weather 💨

Flooding on 21:50 - Feb 9 with 1337 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Flooding on 19:09 - Feb 9 by spudgun

Red will know...

Aliens, Spud. It's the old mind control trick.

👽

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Flooding on 22:07 - Feb 9 with 1334 viewsspell_chekker

Flooding on 21:50 - Feb 9 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Aliens, Spud. It's the old mind control trick.

👽

I once met a girl who wore wellies and a parker but nothing underneath.

Happy days. I may even take up smoking again at the thought of it.

Flooding on 17:20 - Feb 10 with 1307 viewsspell_chekker

Crikey:

Flooding on 17:22 - Feb 10 with 1306 viewsspell_chekker

Jeepers creepers it's windy out there!!

Flooding on 17:43 - Feb 10 with 1303 viewsLala

Flooding on 17:22 - Feb 10 by spell_chekker

Jeepers creepers it's windy out there!!

Grim. Hope that poor kid is ok.

Flooding on 07:40 - Feb 11 with 1289 viewsspell_chekker

Flooding on 17:43 - Feb 10 by Lala

Grim. Hope that poor kid is ok.

It it all calming down now?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024