Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
interesting if true 12:54 - Feb 17 with 1104 viewssaint22

Dyche having a go at what was written in the match day programme and if true that was a bit silly of us, we aren't that good yet, even though Burnley are a long ball team

Traditional programmes may not carry quite the same appeal as they once did but Sean Dyche still pays attention to them. Dyche said his Burnley players thrived on “disparaging remarks” in the Southampton programme, which pinpointed left-back Charlie Taylor as a weakness and highlighted that only Sheffield United have played more long balls per game. “And they are definitely not long ball,” Dyche said. “I told the lads: ‘There you go, that’s what they think of you.’ They read it, disparaging remarks about Charlie Taylor of all people. I think his form’s probably worth mentioning with the national side — not just yet — but I think he’s one they’ll be keeping a background check on. It’s always lovely when they give you that little edge; I love that. ‘They only do this, they only do that.’ It’s like fuel — you beauty!”
interesting if true on 13:28 - Feb 17 with 1065 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints seem a bit naive or daft don't they. They wind up the opposition and don't expect a reaction.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

interesting if true on 13:59 - Feb 17 with 1012 viewsMytchettSaint

interesting if true on 13:28 - Feb 17 by Saintsforeverj

Saints seem a bit naive or daft don't they. They wind up the opposition and don't expect a reaction.

They obviously follow the lead of some of our mongy fan base, I’ve lost count of the times the divs in a certain section of the ground wind up an opposition player only for them to have a blinder against us.

Really stupid thing to put in the programme though.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

interesting if true on 16:46 - Feb 17 with 901 viewsdirk_doone

Did they all get given programmes then as part of our generosity to visiting teams? On the only occasion I tried to buy one this season for a young relative, it was impossible as they were sold out (or given away to the opposition) more than half an hour before kick-off.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

interesting if true on 18:21 - Feb 17 with 813 viewsSouthSeaSaint

All opposing teams get free programmes in the Dressing Room.
I normally shell out the £4 for a programme but on a number of occasions including last Saturday couldnt find a kiosk that was open
Mind you couldnt find anywhere to buy a programme at the Spurs away game
interesting if true on 18:39 - Feb 17 with 792 viewskernow

Sean Dyche was spared the need for an inspirational, motivational pre match and half time team talk.
We obviously did it on his behalf. Excellent work Saints' programme writer.
interesting if true on 18:41 - Feb 17 with 789 viewsdirk_doone

interesting if true on 18:21 - Feb 17 by SouthSeaSaint

All opposing teams get free programmes in the Dressing Room.
I normally shell out the £4 for a programme but on a number of occasions including last Saturday couldnt find a kiosk that was open
Mind you couldnt find anywhere to buy a programme at the Spurs away game

They have clearly reduced the number of programme sellers but they close the kiosks when the programmes are sold out. They then tell you to go inside the stadium and join the queue at the bar, where the programmes are also sold out. Not printing enough programmes for fear that they might be left with some unsold ones is one of the false economies that the club is making nowadays. They are losing a lot of money in potential sales lost.

interesting if true on 21:24 - Feb 17 with 690 viewsMytchettSaint

interesting if true on 18:41 - Feb 17 by dirk_doone

They have clearly reduced the number of programme sellers but they close the kiosks when the programmes are sold out. They then tell you to go inside the stadium and join the queue at the bar, where the programmes are also sold out. Not printing enough programmes for fear that they might be left with some unsold ones is one of the false economies that the club is making nowadays. They are losing a lot of money in potential sales lost.

I can’t recall when I stopped buying programmes but I don’t think I’ve bought one since we left the Dell. I might’ve bought one for the first game at St. Mary’s I suppose.
What’s in them these days? Have they changed much?

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

interesting if true on 22:53 - Feb 17 with 627 viewsdirk_doone

interesting if true on 21:24 - Feb 17 by MytchettSaint

I can’t recall when I stopped buying programmes but I don’t think I’ve bought one since we left the Dell. I might’ve bought one for the first game at St. Mary’s I suppose.
What’s in them these days? Have they changed much?

They are bigger (too big to fit in in your pocket) and glossier (too glossy to write on), with more information about the opposition, but far too expensive. My wife stopped me buying them a long time ago, pointing out that they were a waste of money and taking up far too much space in the attic. The last time I tried to buy one for myself at St Mary's was for the Inter Milan game and they were sold out; the last time I tried to buy one for one of my grandsons, who was with me for his first Saints game (and I'd promised him a programme as a prized souvenir), was for the Liverpool game this season and they were also sold out. I still bought them for our Wembley games (as Wembley print enough) and they are currently taking up even more space in the attic.

I remember many years ago at Highbury, Arsenal were the first club to put the team lineups on a big screen throughout the game and I thought, what a great idea it was. Now, we do it at St Mary's, albeit intermittently throughout the game, interrupted by commercials, but it basically negates the need for a programme. The best Saints programmes were the ones you could fit into your pocket and they had a little section underneath the team lineups, where you could write the goal scorers and a very mini match summary. At least, when you drag one of the many piles of programmes out, every twenty years, those ones bring back memories.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 0:52]

Login to get fewer ads

interesting if true (n/t) on 15:05 - Feb 20 with 385 viewsDellHero

interesting if true on 18:41 - Feb 17 by dirk_doone

[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 12:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024