Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM to Blackpool? 11:29 - Feb 19 with 18111 viewsDareToCalvin

He’s come out of nowhere this morning and is now second favourite at 2/1 to become the next Blackpool manager according to Skybet. Thoughts? I’d be sad to see him go but it wouldn’t be a disaster.
BBM to Blackpool? on 21:32 - Feb 19 with 3618 viewstodmordendale

I favoured Tony Ellis was maybe a better option when Hill went. Credit is due to a bloke whose endeavours produced a continuing supply of good academy players and a successful youth team. Gilliam aside.
BBM to Blackpool? on 21:46 - Feb 19 with 3564 viewsdeeplishblue

BBM to Blackpool? on 21:32 - Feb 19 by todmordendale

I favoured Tony Ellis was maybe a better option when Hill went. Credit is due to a bloke whose endeavours produced a continuing supply of good academy players and a successful youth team. Gilliam aside.

Why would TE want the job?

At the moment he appears to have a job for life. If he becomes the manager he would probably have a job for 12 or 18 month max.

Perhaps he is happy where he is.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

BBM to Blackpool? on 22:36 - Feb 19 with 3439 viewsAtThePeake

I must admit I would be pretty gutted if BBM goes. Given our budget and given that he has been lumbered with some players that clearly aren't up to scratch, plus this being his first full season in management and the injuries he's had to deal with I think he's doing very well personally.

Tangled up in blue.

BBM to Blackpool? on 23:02 - Feb 19 with 3378 viewsmikehunt

BBM to Blackpool? on 22:36 - Feb 19 by AtThePeake

I must admit I would be pretty gutted if BBM goes. Given our budget and given that he has been lumbered with some players that clearly aren't up to scratch, plus this being his first full season in management and the injuries he's had to deal with I think he's doing very well personally.

How do we always manage to create crises for ourselves. We've just had a positive vibe from the forum and it's like something hates us to have a period of stability and bang! Have some of this!
I would like BBM to show what he can do now his players are on the mend and be given some funds to work with next season, I think he shows potential.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

BBM to Blackpool? on 23:11 - Feb 19 with 3347 viewsfitzochris

But we haven’t created this crisis. It isn’t even a crisis. Someone’s stuck some money on BBM for some unknown reason and now there are odds.

Unless we see him buying a bucket and spade, I wouldn’t be worried.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

BBM to Blackpool? on 23:41 - Feb 19 with 3280 viewsSandyman

Do the bookies know BBM is booked in to do an afternoon session at Rochdale Cricket Club on Sunday 8th March, as Rochdale manager?
That should shunt the odds down a bit

[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 23:45]
BBM to Blackpool? on 00:04 - Feb 20 with 3239 viewssweetcorn

BBM to Blackpool? on 18:59 - Feb 19 by Thacks_Rabbits

Similar views to you black dog. BBM is basically doing the job the likes of vic halom, Eddie gray, Danny Bergara, terry Dolan et el did in keeping us going and avoiding going down.

Dolan pushed us up the table a bit and was the start of a level of ambition, Sutton came in and we should have made the play offs at least.

I like bbm but he is nothing spectacular, if Blackpool pay us 100k compensation then he can go.

Would like to see Tony Ellis given a go if bbm does leave.

Think it’s very unlikely tbh, if you ring up and ask for 100 quid on big Sam they would give you a silly price like 5/2, the market size is so small and high risk it’s never worth a bet!

But he isn't doing the same job as the managers mentioned.. He's keeping us up in the league above the managers you've mentioned, at a time when the clubs are spending more on players than ever before.

BBM has us 10 points above relegation and has done so with a significant playing budget cut, an unprecedented number of injuries over the season and all whilst apparently 'learning on the job'. That for me is a significant step up to keeping us in division 4.

The football hasn't been the most entertaining this season, but it's got us into a stronger position than this time last year, with us on course for league one safety. Let's at least give BBM the chance to get rid of some of the deadwood which is still lingering around the squad and put together a squad he can call his own before we start deciding just how good he's been as manager.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

BBM to Blackpool? on 07:36 - Feb 20 with 3058 viewsDaleiLama

BBM to Blackpool? on 00:04 - Feb 20 by sweetcorn

But he isn't doing the same job as the managers mentioned.. He's keeping us up in the league above the managers you've mentioned, at a time when the clubs are spending more on players than ever before.

BBM has us 10 points above relegation and has done so with a significant playing budget cut, an unprecedented number of injuries over the season and all whilst apparently 'learning on the job'. That for me is a significant step up to keeping us in division 4.

The football hasn't been the most entertaining this season, but it's got us into a stronger position than this time last year, with us on course for league one safety. Let's at least give BBM the chance to get rid of some of the deadwood which is still lingering around the squad and put together a squad he can call his own before we start deciding just how good he's been as manager.

^ This

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

BBM to Blackpool? on 09:33 - Feb 20 with 2859 viewsDaleFan7

He may be naive in his tactics at times but he has shown that he has an eye for good signings, there have been games where he's identified what's going wrong and attempted to fix it (much better and earlier than Hill ever did imo), he's had his budget cut and there's still a lot of deadweight that he might have felt he had to keep for some for of continuity or to even have a squad big enough to start the season.

I think some people are missively harsh on him at this point, to he honest.
BBM to Blackpool? on 09:34 - Feb 20 with 2853 viewsDaleyBrent

BBM to Blackpool? on 00:04 - Feb 20 by sweetcorn

This is absolutely spot on. Sorry if I repeat some of your points here but just some of the reasons I really can’t get my head around some of this fan base being so against BBM:

- From almost certain relegation last year to keeping us up comfortably.

- Amazing cup experiences beyond most of our wildest dreams;

- Very impressive recruitment despite the odd flop which have been rectified.

- A completely out of hand injury crisis. Not once did the fella moan, he got on with it and not once did we drop into the bottom 3;

- Some absolutely superb football, and some poor football. All however, with a clear identity of how we want to develop as a football club with a young crop of players and a clear identity.
BBM to Blackpool? on 10:29 - Feb 20 with 2721 viewsSuddenLad

BBM to Blackpool? on 23:11 - Feb 19 by fitzochris

But we haven’t created this crisis. It isn’t even a crisis. Someone’s stuck some money on BBM for some unknown reason and now there are odds.

Unless we see him buying a bucket and spade, I wouldn’t be worried.

There's one or two donkeys he can have if he wants.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

BBM to Blackpool? on 11:09 - Feb 20 with 2600 viewsJames1980

https://www.thesackrace.com/news/20th-february-2020/who-is-brian-barry-murphy-wh

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM to Blackpool? on 11:12 - Feb 20 with 2589 viewsscooby

BBM to Blackpool? on 11:09 - Feb 20 by James1980

https://www.thesackrace.com/news/20th-february-2020/who-is-brian-barry-murphy-wh

there are a few of these articles responding to the skybet less than evens odds. no substance to them, purely based on the bookies.
BBM to Blackpool? on 11:23 - Feb 20 with 2537 viewsJames1980

BBM to Blackpool? on 11:12 - Feb 20 by scooby

there are a few of these articles responding to the skybet less than evens odds. no substance to them, purely based on the bookies.

Positive article about BBM though which is nice.

BBM to Blackpool? on 11:37 - Feb 20 with 2498 viewspioneer

BBM to Blackpool? on 23:41 - Feb 19 by Sandyman

Do the bookies know BBM is booked in to do an afternoon session at Rochdale Cricket Club on Sunday 8th March, as Rochdale manager?
That should shunt the odds down a bit

[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 23:45]

Maybe the do know something....no mention of Rochdale manager on the flyer!!

I’m not convinced...and we could certainly do with some stability. While we might not have the greatest manager in the league, would we be able to find anyone better....at aprice we could afford.

He deserves a full season with ‘his’ players as opposed th the unwanted leftovers from the last regieme.
BBM to Blackpool? on 11:43 - Feb 20 with 2480 viewsJames1980

Be interesting to know what led to the 1st money being staked on BBM being next manager there?

BBM to Blackpool? on 11:45 - Feb 20 with 2469 viewsfitzochris

BBM to Blackpool? on 11:12 - Feb 20 by scooby

And clearly written by people who haven't actually seen us:

"...comparisons with a certain Pep Guardiola and Man City, which is testament to the attractive style of football Barry-Murphy implements at Rochdale."

BBM to Blackpool? on 11:55 - Feb 20 with 2403 viewsDaleiLama

BBM to Blackpool? on 11:45 - Feb 20 by fitzochris

And clearly written by people who haven't actually seen us:

"...comparisons with a certain Pep Guardiola and Man City, which is testament to the attractive style of football Barry-Murphy implements at Rochdale."

Or only went to the one "false-dawn" game that got all the publicity.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

BBM to Blackpool? on 12:03 - Feb 20 with 2379 viewsAtThePeake

BBM to Blackpool? on 09:34 - Feb 20 by DaleyBrent

This is absolutely spot on. Sorry if I repeat some of your points here but just some of the reasons I really can’t get my head around some of this fan base being so against BBM:

- From almost certain relegation last year to keeping us up comfortably.

- Amazing cup experiences beyond most of our wildest dreams;

- Very impressive recruitment despite the odd flop which have been rectified.

- A completely out of hand injury crisis. Not once did the fella moan, he got on with it and not once did we drop into the bottom 3;

- Some absolutely superb football, and some poor football. All however, with a clear identity of how we want to develop as a football club with a young crop of players and a clear identity.

"Amazing cup experiences beyond most of our wildest dreams"

Exactly. The reaction to the defeat at Newcastle, given how well we had played in the home fixture and at Old Trafford, was way over the top.

Tangled up in blue.

BBM to Blackpool? on 12:37 - Feb 20 with 2237 viewsSandyDrum

BBM to Blackpool? on 12:03 - Feb 20 by AtThePeake

"Amazing cup experiences beyond most of our wildest dreams"

Exactly. The reaction to the defeat at Newcastle, given how well we had played in the home fixture and at Old Trafford, was way over the top.

I'll hold my hands up and say I'm guilty of this and looking back I feel pretty stupid about my reaction to the performance given how well we had done at OT and the home game against Newcastle.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

BBM to Blackpool? on 12:39 - Feb 20 with 2221 viewsfitzochris

BBM to Blackpool? on 12:37 - Feb 20 by SandyDrum

I'll hold my hands up and say I'm guilty of this and looking back I feel pretty stupid about my reaction to the performance given how well we had done at OT and the home game against Newcastle.

If your reaction was vitriolic and ended in a call for the manager's head then fair enough, that is way over the top, but it was reasonable and fair to criticise the pressure we put ourselves under making mistakes caused by our own system rather than their talent.

BBM to Blackpool? on 12:41 - Feb 20 with 2215 viewssweetcorn

To be honest I think most of it stemmed from the nature of Newcastle's goals..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

BBM to Blackpool? on 14:17 - Feb 20 with 1953 viewsfitzochris

Two large bets placed with Sky have started all of this. BBM knows nowt about it and isn't interested in leaving us - already planning our next season and is putting pieces in place for it.

BBM to Blackpool? on 14:23 - Feb 20 with 1932 viewsJames1980

BBM to Blackpool? on 14:17 - Feb 20 by fitzochris

Two large bets placed with Sky have started all of this. BBM knows nowt about it and isn't interested in leaving us - already planning our next season and is putting pieces in place for it.

Perhaps someone's booked a Celidh band for their end of season bash another person has put 2 & 2 and hasn't made 4

BBM to Blackpool? on 14:52 - Feb 20 with 1823 viewsnordenblue

BBM to Blackpool? on 14:17 - Feb 20 by fitzochris

I hope you're know trying to be in the know Fitz, you do know how it upsets certain folk on here?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024