Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM to Blackpool? 11:29 - Feb 19 with 18107 viewsDareToCalvin

He’s come out of nowhere this morning and is now second favourite at 2/1 to become the next Blackpool manager according to Skybet. Thoughts? I’d be sad to see him go but it wouldn’t be a disaster.
BBM to Blackpool? on 15:11 - Feb 20 with 3913 views_Windydale

Hard to imagine that BBM would apply. He's got the firm backing of the board and a perfect time for him to gain a couple of years experience learning the ropes. Also, a journey of self-discovery, deciding if its a long term career for him. In a job, he never expected last year.

Now If we were flying at the top of the league on this year's limited budget, then he'd obviously be more attractive to bigger clubs and his confidence would be sky-high. Maybe he would be tempted to leave.

It's still early days in Bryans promising career, be very very surprised if he chose to jump ship.
BBM to Blackpool? on 15:42 - Feb 20 with 3808 viewsfitzochris

BBM to Blackpool? on 14:52 - Feb 20 by nordenblue

I hope you're know trying to be in the know Fitz, you do know how it upsets certain folk on here?

I know.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

BBM to Blackpool? on 15:51 - Feb 20 with 3763 viewsShun

BBM to Blackpool? on 14:17 - Feb 20 by fitzochris

Two large bets placed with Sky have started all of this. BBM knows nowt about it and isn't interested in leaving us - already planning our next season and is putting pieces in place for it.

Pieces in place such as targets he’s identified for next season’s squad?
BBM to Blackpool? on 16:00 - Feb 20 with 3722 viewsfitzochris

BBM to Blackpool? on 15:51 - Feb 20 by Shun

Pieces in place such as targets he’s identified for next season’s squad?

Absolutely.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

BBM to Blackpool? on 17:09 - Feb 20 with 3531 viewsblackdogblue

BBM to Blackpool? on 00:04 - Feb 20 by sweetcorn

But he isn't doing the same job as the managers mentioned.. He's keeping us up in the league above the managers you've mentioned, at a time when the clubs are spending more on players than ever before.

BBM has us 10 points above relegation and has done so with a significant playing budget cut, an unprecedented number of injuries over the season and all whilst apparently 'learning on the job'. That for me is a significant step up to keeping us in division 4.

The football hasn't been the most entertaining this season, but it's got us into a stronger position than this time last year, with us on course for league one safety. Let's at least give BBM the chance to get rid of some of the deadwood which is still lingering around the squad and put together a squad he can call his own before we start deciding just how good he's been as manager.

Division 4 ???

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

BBM to Blackpool? on 17:14 - Feb 20 with 3514 viewsnordenblue

BBM to Blackpool? on 17:09 - Feb 20 by blackdogblue

Division 4 ???

Yes league 2 is the old division 4 of English football?
BBM to Blackpool? on 17:18 - Feb 20 with 3497 viewsrichfoad32

BBM to Blackpool? on 17:14 - Feb 20 by nordenblue

Surely it's the equivalent of the old Division 3?

Edit: Nope, that's League 1...D'oh!
[Post edited 20 Feb 2020 17:21]
BBM to Blackpool? on 17:34 - Feb 20 with 3433 viewsfinberty

BBM to Blackpool? on 17:14 - Feb 20 by nordenblue

Not only that, but before football was invented in 1992, the top division was known as League Division One.

Teams like Liverpool, Man Utd and Tottenham were in it.
Login to get fewer ads

BBM to Blackpool? on 17:40 - Feb 20 with 3411 viewsisitme

BBM to Blackpool? on 16:00 - Feb 20 by fitzochris

Absolutely.

Sounds promising. I suspect he pretty much knows which out of contract players will not be here next season and roughly what his budget will be, assuming we stay in league one.
BBM to Blackpool? on 17:44 - Feb 20 with 3391 viewsmodelboydave

BBM to Blackpool? on 17:34 - Feb 20 by finberty

Not only that, but before football was invented in 1992, the top division was known as League Division One.

Did you know that Liverpool are very unsuccessful and have never won the league

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

BBM to Blackpool? on 18:05 - Feb 20 with 3302 viewsfinberty

BBM to Blackpool? on 17:44 - Feb 20 by modelboydave

Did you know that Liverpool are very unsuccessful and have never won the league

Yeah I'd heard something similar modelboydave.

Found it hard to believe, but can't see much evidence really.

Certainly not since the game was invented back in '92.

What a shoddy history of under-performance.
BBM to Blackpool? on 19:06 - Feb 20 with 3143 viewsmodelboydave

BBM to Blackpool? on 18:05 - Feb 20 by finberty

Yeah I'd heard something similar modelboydave.

Found it hard to believe, but can't see much evidence really.

Certainly not since the game was invented back in '92.

What a shoddy history of under-performance.

It’s true !! Man U fans chant songs about it !

Meanwhile in Blackpool

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/chief-executive-b

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

BBM to Blackpool? on 20:00 - Feb 20 with 2989 viewspioneer

Well some of the time, but some of the time they were in division 2.
BBM to Blackpool? on 20:27 - Feb 20 with 2909 viewskiwidale

Just to clear matters up United and Liverpool are in Premiership, WBA and Leeds are in championship, Oldham are in sinkingship we are in hardship and Bury are in recievership.

This is not the time for bickering.

BBM to Blackpool? on 20:29 - Feb 20 with 2898 viewssweetcorn

BBM to Blackpool? on 17:09 - Feb 20 by blackdogblue

Division 4 ???

Yes division 4, the league which all of the managers mentioned managed Rochdale in..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

BBM to Blackpool? on 21:54 - Feb 20 with 2735 viewskiwidale

Ranking managers that have managed Dale at level 3, that's div 3 in old money and div 2 in decimal currency.
Rank 1 Keith Hill.
Rank 2 Keith Hill.
Rank 3 *Len Richley.
Rank 4 Brian Barry Murphy.
Rank 5 John Coleman.
Rank bad **Steve Eyre.
" " *** Chris Beech
Rank 8 Keith Hill
Rank last Walter Joyce.

* Len Ritchley gained promotion from div 4 in 69 so technically was manager in div 3 until Aug 70 when he jumped ship to Darlington shortly before the season started, he would have recruited players and released others prior to his departure.

** I have placed Steve Eyre above Chris Beech simply because he actually won a game whereas Beech didn't.

*** see above.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2020 22:01]

This is not the time for bickering.

BBM to Blackpool? on 23:00 - Feb 20 with 2609 viewsseasidedale

Richley resigned in jan/feb 1970 after a disagreement with the board. Dick Connor took over to be replaced by our worst manager Walter Joyce, mind you Mike Ferguson was nearly as bad.
BBM to Blackpool? on 23:02 - Feb 20 with 2600 viewsSuddenLad

Graham Barrow was worse than any of them. The only time in over 50 years that I stopped going to Spotland, because I couldn't tolerate watching the sh!te on offer.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

BBM to Blackpool? on 23:44 - Feb 20 with 2518 viewsSandyman

BBM to Blackpool? on 23:00 - Feb 20 by seasidedale

Richley resigned in jan/feb 1970 after a disagreement with the board. Dick Connor took over to be replaced by our worst manager Walter Joyce, mind you Mike Ferguson was nearly as bad.

Walter Joyce was carnage, but Simpson was second worst, Errrrrr was worst. Even Barrow had decent home form for a while.

IMHO. We'll all disagree.
BBM to Blackpool? on 04:21 - Feb 21 with 2417 viewspioneer

BBM to Blackpool? on 20:27 - Feb 20 by kiwidale

Just to clear matters up United and Liverpool are in Premiership, WBA and Leeds are in championship, Oldham are in sinkingship we are in hardship and Bury are in recievership.

Priceless . . . wins my 'best post of the week' award
BBM to Blackpool? on 09:07 - Feb 22 with 1915 viewsseasidedale

Just as a beeline, Len Richley was mentioned further down rhe thread, can anyone remember who his assistant was in the promotion season,? He was promoted when Stokoe left but who took over him, Dick Connor didn’t come in as assistant until summer of 69 , was just wondering
BBM to Blackpool? on 09:12 - Feb 22 with 1893 viewspioneer

BBM to Blackpool? on 09:07 - Feb 22 by seasidedale

Just as a beeline, Len Richley was mentioned further down rhe thread, can anyone remember who his assistant was in the promotion season,? He was promoted when Stokoe left but who took over him, Dick Connor didn’t come in as assistant until summer of 69 , was just wondering

Are you sure about that. I think Dick Connor was on that famous photo in the dressing room after the Southend game with Fred Ratcliffe leading the celebrations with bubbly.
BBM to Blackpool? on 10:18 - Feb 22 with 1797 viewsEllDale

I could have sworn that Connor arrived in the December of 1968, midway through the promotion season.
He was seen as very much a "tracksuit coach".
Coincidence or not but results picked up the following month and we never looked back.
Connor then became manager when Richley moved on due to a "policy disagreement" with the board.
BBM to Blackpool? on 12:12 - Feb 22 with 1636 viewsTVOS1907

BBM to Blackpool? on 09:07 - Feb 22 by seasidedale

Conner was brought in by Len Richley in December 1968.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

BBM to Blackpool? on 20:12 - Feb 22 with 1426 viewsYorkshire_Dale

BBM to Blackpool? on 23:02 - Feb 20 by SuddenLad

Graham Barrow was worse than any of them. The only time in over 50 years that I stopped going to Spotland, because I couldn't tolerate watching the sh!te on offer.

Today's fare would fall into that last category!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024