Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fire sale in the summer according to daily star 06:09 - May 24 with 3498 viewsButty101

This can’t be true we have a great owner.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/southampton-face-major-exodus-star-22

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 14:25 - May 24 with 979 viewsdirk_doone

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 12:16 - May 24 by dirk_doone

The other word that comes up a lot is "insolvent"

This sorry tale of people losing their jobs seems to be repeated at all of them:

"As of June 1, Managing Director Thomas Richter filed for bankruptcy for the tractor manufacturer. The company is closed, all 15 employees had to vacate their jobs and an insolvency administrator was appointed."

I assume that was just a skeleton office staff that was left when they closed down or those whose contracts hadn't expired, as they would have needed a lot more employees than that when they were manufacturing tractors. The factory workers probably only had to be given a month's notice.

https://www.translatetheweb.com/?from=de&to=en&ref=SERP&dl=en&rr=UC&a=https%3a%2

What's more difficult to find out is to what extent these once thriving companies were asset-stripped, if at all, before they were forced to close down. All that's left of what was once a mighty engineering empire seems to have been reduced to just one small private bank in Switzerland, which also trades in real estate.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 13:20]

My next question is why didn't she sell them as going concerns and let her father's employees keep their jobs? And the answer to that seems to be probate. As was the case with the football club, she knew it would take years before she could become the legal owner of the companies and she simply didn't want to wait that long.

Her father's will must have been a complex one as he seems to have left his businesses under the custodianship of various people, in the case of the football club, Cortese, and so it took her a number of years after her father's death before she could win the probate battle and become their legal owner and even then there would have been clauses in her father's will which would have prevented her from selling the club immediately.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 14:46 - May 24 with 941 viewsSaintsforeverj

So Gao buys us from a loan, knowing he is absolutely skint and because of the coronavirus crisis, he is so vulnerable that he now has to sell all the players. If we do that, all the fans will desert the club. All these reports about selling the club, selling players can't be all be wrong can they?

What a terrible owner.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 15:08 - May 24 with 926 viewsdirk_doone

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 14:46 - May 24 by Saintsforeverj

So Gao buys us from a loan, knowing he is absolutely skint and because of the coronavirus crisis, he is so vulnerable that he now has to sell all the players. If we do that, all the fans will desert the club. All these reports about selling the club, selling players can't be all be wrong can they?

What a terrible owner.

The big player sales started when Kat got awarded probate and gained control of the club from Cortese in 2013. If anything, since Gao took over, they've decreased, probably because there wasn't much left to sell, and there would have been even less if he hadn't insisted that she delay the sale of van Dijk until after he took over.

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 15:32 - May 24 with 903 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 15:08 - May 24 by dirk_doone

The big player sales started when Kat got awarded probate and gained control of the club from Cortese in 2013. If anything, since Gao took over, they've decreased, probably because there wasn't much left to sell, and there would have been even less if he hadn't insisted that she delay the sale of van Dijk until after he took over.

We need to get rid of the whole lot of them. Kat didn't want to run the club anymore, so she sold to anyone she could, rather than wait for the best person for the club. Selling to Gao was completely pointless (apart from Kat, who made a profit).

We all know and feel that under the current setup, there is little way forward, other than struggle and probably relegation.

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 10:04 - May 25 with 796 viewsBarnetSaint

If these stories were true, and Ings and other leading players were sold, I wouldn’t imagine Ralph would want to stick around and tight now, I can’t see a better manager for us at this time.
So sales = high risk strategy.
Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 10:25 - May 25 with 786 viewsSalisburySaint

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 10:04 - May 25 by BarnetSaint

If these stories were true, and Ings and other leading players were sold, I wouldn’t imagine Ralph would want to stick around and tight now, I can’t see a better manager for us at this time.
So sales = high risk strategy.

Martin Semmans club CEO in Interview on Solent Saturday says rumours a load of tosh

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08f0xch
Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 12:57 - May 25 with 757 viewsdirk_doone

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 10:25 - May 25 by SalisburySaint

Martin Semmans club CEO in Interview on Solent Saturday says rumours a load of tosh

Fair play to him. I will be mightily impressed if we don't sell any of our best players this year.

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 16:00 - May 25 with 706 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 10:25 - May 25 by SalisburySaint

Just heard this. I don't think he categorically said that we wouldn't be selling players?

He did say though, that when we get back to playing, there will be news on contracts that will help us - I assume he means Ralph, which would be a good sign.

Login to get fewer ads

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 16:48 - May 25 with 689 viewsSadoldgit

It has been common knowledge that we have a bunch of players that we are trying to get rid of. If that constitutes a fire sale then yes, there will be a fire sale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024