Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teachers 10:05 - Jun 15 with 1928 viewsJaySaint

Three months into the pandemic, a UCL study finds 20% of all school children (2 million) are still doing less than an hour of schoolwork a day at home, or none at all.

The average is 2.5 hours. Many well-funded private school kids are doing 6 hours. A generation in regression.

ffs

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Teachers on 19:37 - Jun 15 with 535 viewscocklebreath

Wife’s just had a governors meeting at kids junior school, the head teacher is desperate for kids to go back but she has had nothing from government/local authorities on how this will be achieved, 6 of her teachers are seen as vulnerable and can’t work, it’s a fooking big mess.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Teachers (n/t) on 13:29 - Jun 18 with 464 viewskentsouthampton

[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 13:57]
Teachers on 13:53 - Jun 18 with 443 viewsSaintsforeverj

Teachers (n/t) on 13:29 - Jun 18 by kentsouthampton

[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 13:57]

Ha, there is some truth in this. But I would say that it's not necessarily the teachers themselves. Some of the teachers are fresh out of uni, "wet weekends". But, not all teachers like / agree with "the system", that they have to fit into. The teachers I know, are forced to / pressured by management to show to the school they work for in a good light. This might mean bending the truth, sugar coating everything, pretending a violent little thug is a just misunderstood etc. A bit like life in general nowadays - can't say this, can't say that, can't laugh at that, can't watch Fawlty Towers and so on.

Many teachers I know, get fed up that they are are not supported by management over behaviour for example. A child hurts others and is violent. Management try to cover it up, as it shows the school in a bad light and management don't want to look like they are not running their school properly by not coping with the violent child. But again the system steps in. Heads are in reality, not allowed to exclude children anymore.

But yeah I do think there is some truth in this, that parents / teachers can't shout, can't criticise, can't this and that and the other. And what have we got after years of this? A worse mental health crisis than we have ever had, as kids can't cope with critism, negativity etc because everybody in school is nicely nicey and the they get a huge shock when they come into the real world.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Teachers on 19:42 - Jun 18 with 400 viewsBazza

Teachers on 13:53 - Jun 18 by Saintsforeverj

Ha, there is some truth in this. But I would say that it's not necessarily the teachers themselves. Some of the teachers are fresh out of uni, "wet weekends". But, not all teachers like / agree with "the system", that they have to fit into. The teachers I know, are forced to / pressured by management to show to the school they work for in a good light. This might mean bending the truth, sugar coating everything, pretending a violent little thug is a just misunderstood etc. A bit like life in general nowadays - can't say this, can't say that, can't laugh at that, can't watch Fawlty Towers and so on.

Many teachers I know, get fed up that they are are not supported by management over behaviour for example. A child hurts others and is violent. Management try to cover it up, as it shows the school in a bad light and management don't want to look like they are not running their school properly by not coping with the violent child. But again the system steps in. Heads are in reality, not allowed to exclude children anymore.

But yeah I do think there is some truth in this, that parents / teachers can't shout, can't criticise, can't this and that and the other. And what have we got after years of this? A worse mental health crisis than we have ever had, as kids can't cope with critism, negativity etc because everybody in school is nicely nicey and the they get a huge shock when they come into the real world.

Teachers are heavily unionised. Unions don’t want teachers to go back. QED
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024