Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which countries have dealt with coronavirus the worst? 00:26 - Jun 30 with 1106 viewsdirk_doone

Sweden obviously stands out as having the government which made the least effort to control the virus and, as a consequence, has lost far more lives than its neighbouring Scandinavian countries. Belgium seems to have let it get completely out of control for a while but they have learned their lesson. The UK, USA and Brazil have also done particularly badly and still look a bit shambolic in their approach to it.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/06/23/sweden-coronavirus-failure-anders-tegnell-s

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53222182
[Post edited 30 Jun 2020 1:00]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Which countries have dealt with coronavirus the worst? on 05:03 - Jun 30 with 1064 viewsRednWight

Is there anyone left in Belarus to tell us ?

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Which countries have dealt with coronavirus the worst? on 07:40 - Jun 30 with 1019 viewsthissceptredsaint

The UK including Scotland, despite the Sturgeon spin have been awful, deliberately awful so may think, we are joint second with Russia I think, Sweden has been complacent and copying us and are paying for it. The USA has been the worst.

We won't know about China, they are on a level of covering up and spin with us.
Which countries have dealt with coronavirus the worst? on 09:36 - Jun 30 with 962 viewsSadoldgit

There was another Panorama special on the pandemic last night and if you measure poor performance by the mortality rate, whichever way you look at the figures we have come out of it very badly so far.

Clearly the policy of putting infected or non tested people into care homes from hospitals was catastrophic. Dumping the test and trace policy so early was also a huge mistake. Germany have performed well throughout and you would have thought it would be a no brainier to copy their approach.

What is frustrating is that the current test, trace and track policy is only working at the level of the existing health service teams and the thousands of people brought in through private companies are mostly still doing nothing. Not only is it a colossal waste of money, it is not helping one bit in our efforts to contain the virus.

There will be future pandemics, quite possibly even more deadly than this one and what is crucial is that we (all) learn from our mistakes and bring in global tried and tested policies so that we don’t have to rely on the likes of Matt Hancock for our lives the next time.
Which countries have dealt with coronavirus the worst? on 18:19 - Jun 30 with 869 viewscocklebreath

Which countries have dealt with coronavirus the worst? on 07:40 - Jun 30 by thissceptredsaint

The UK including Scotland, despite the Sturgeon spin have been awful, deliberately awful so may think, we are joint second with Russia I think, Sweden has been complacent and copying us and are paying for it. The USA has been the worst.

We won't know about China, they are on a level of covering up and spin with us.

USA isn’t the worst

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Which countries have dealt with coronavirus the worst? on 22:51 - Jun 30 with 809 viewsKennington

Which countries have dealt with coronavirus the worst? on 09:36 - Jun 30 by Sadoldgit

There was another Panorama special on the pandemic last night and if you measure poor performance by the mortality rate, whichever way you look at the figures we have come out of it very badly so far.

Clearly the policy of putting infected or non tested people into care homes from hospitals was catastrophic. Dumping the test and trace policy so early was also a huge mistake. Germany have performed well throughout and you would have thought it would be a no brainier to copy their approach.

What is frustrating is that the current test, trace and track policy is only working at the level of the existing health service teams and the thousands of people brought in through private companies are mostly still doing nothing. Not only is it a colossal waste of money, it is not helping one bit in our efforts to contain the virus.

There will be future pandemics, quite possibly even more deadly than this one and what is crucial is that we (all) learn from our mistakes and bring in global tried and tested policies so that we don’t have to rely on the likes of Matt Hancock for our lives the next time.

The problem was hospitals rely on shunting elderly patients back to cars homes. Otherwise the NHS would likely have been overrun. The fact hospitals broadly remained open and not full to capacity was partly because the elderly were discarded and dumped back in homes. An absolutely disgraceful policy, and one that the government claims to be a success.

I am absolutely baffled by the outpouring of praise for the NHS that has gone on the last few months. Yes, praise the clinicians, cleaners etc. But as an organisation it’s shambolic, and I work in it. Imagine what the cancer survival rates will look like this year. I guarantee you that France, Germany and pretty much everyone else in the G7 or even G20 will be better than us. The wait for a routine operation now is obscene, and it’s often now over six months just to see a consultant. So why don’t the British population demand a proper health system like Germany or France? I find this utterly bizarre that the NHS is some kind of religion. At best it’s Matt Oakley or Paul Telfer. Yet the British can’t see how crap it is, and instead are brainwashed into thinking it’s the NHS or the worst of a USA type system with no in between.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2020 22:52]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Which countries have dealt with coronavirus the worst? on 23:49 - Jun 30 with 777 viewsSadoldgit

I understand that there are 40,000 nurse vacancies. I guess the staff shortage doesn’t help.
Which countries have dealt with coronavirus the worst? on 09:31 - Jul 1 with 717 viewsarfurdent

maybe some countries decided to thin out the weak and needy to reduce the social care costs. Why else would Public Health England send untested patients back to care homes?

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Which countries have dealt with coronavirus the worst? on 19:26 - Jul 1 with 688 viewsSadoldgit

Which countries have dealt with coronavirus the worst? on 09:31 - Jul 1 by arfurdent

maybe some countries decided to thin out the weak and needy to reduce the social care costs. Why else would Public Health England send untested patients back to care homes?

Just think how much the government will save on pensions.
Login to get fewer ads

Which countries have dealt with coronavirus the worst? on 19:32 - Jul 1 with 685 viewssaint68

Which countries have dealt with coronavirus the worst? on 22:51 - Jun 30 by Kennington

The problem was hospitals rely on shunting elderly patients back to cars homes. Otherwise the NHS would likely have been overrun. The fact hospitals broadly remained open and not full to capacity was partly because the elderly were discarded and dumped back in homes. An absolutely disgraceful policy, and one that the government claims to be a success.

I am absolutely baffled by the outpouring of praise for the NHS that has gone on the last few months. Yes, praise the clinicians, cleaners etc. But as an organisation it’s shambolic, and I work in it. Imagine what the cancer survival rates will look like this year. I guarantee you that France, Germany and pretty much everyone else in the G7 or even G20 will be better than us. The wait for a routine operation now is obscene, and it’s often now over six months just to see a consultant. So why don’t the British population demand a proper health system like Germany or France? I find this utterly bizarre that the NHS is some kind of religion. At best it’s Matt Oakley or Paul Telfer. Yet the British can’t see how crap it is, and instead are brainwashed into thinking it’s the NHS or the worst of a USA type system with no in between.

And there in lies the truth, absolutely spot on Sir.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Which countries have dealt with coronavirus the worst? on 19:43 - Jul 1 with 675 viewsJaySaint

Which countries have dealt with coronavirus the worst? on 22:51 - Jun 30 by Kennington

the NHS requires serious change and efficiency measure placed upon it!

However, given it is treated like a religion and that only "more money" is ever the answer, there is no chance this meaningful change will happen.

as soon as a tory utters anything about the NHS, "USA USA USA" and "privatisation" is thrown all over the place, including front page of the Mirror, Guardian; with carole cadawaller making up crazy theories.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Which countries have dealt with coronavirus the worst? on 21:20 - Jul 1 with 646 viewskernow

I don't know but it seems to me that the countries with macho dickheads running the show seem to be performing less well than others.
Coincidence?
Probably not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024