Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty 21:11 - Jul 18 with 3640 viewssaint22

Bbc2
An awful lot of lessons to be learnt from watching this
He has a sh1tload to answer for
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:21 - Jul 20 with 1410 viewsBison

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 11:11 - Jul 20 by Sadoldgit

Don’t you remember the famous Sun front page “It’s The Sun wot won it!”?

They got rid of topless models on Page 3 a long time ago Bison but I think they still have women in bikinis?
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 15:53]

I don't but I've not bought a paper regularly for about 15 years , used to read the free Metro or Evening Standard when commuting but that's about it. My favourite headline of all time was prob this from 1990 , it rolls off the tongue.

[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 11:29]

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 16:35 - Jul 20 with 1343 viewsSadoldgit

Best job ever, being a sub editor at The Sun and getting to write those headlines. 😂
Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 18:48 - Jul 20 with 1322 viewsChesham_Saint

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 16:35 - Jul 20 by Sadoldgit

Best job ever, being a sub editor at The Sun and getting to write those headlines. 😂

Gotcha! Bet you weren’t too keen on that one, Soggs?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 18:58 - Jul 20 with 1311 viewsSadoldgit

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 18:48 - Jul 20 by Chesham_Saint

Gotcha! Bet you weren’t too keen on that one, Soggs?

I’d love that job. Getting paid for laughing all day. What’s not to like? I’m sure I could do better than Freddie Start Ate My Hamster!
Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 19:23 - Jul 20 with 1298 viewsHappy_Jack

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 18:58 - Jul 20 by Sadoldgit

I’d love that job. Getting paid for laughing all day. What’s not to like? I’m sure I could do better than Freddie Start Ate My Hamster!

Zip me up before you go go was another Sun classic.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 20:41 - Jul 22 with 1220 viewssaint22

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 10:17 - Jul 19 by Sadoldgit

And yet the BBC gets slaughtered from the Left for being too biased to the Right? It can’t be biased both ways can it?

I guess you would only be happy if all the media was biased to the right.

Murdoch has been a huge problem for the democracy that many of you Brexit extremists keep banging on about.

Part two is even more astonishing
Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 17:57 - Jul 25 with 1154 viewsSadoldgit

Just watched the first one. We all know about the Kingmakers in the Middle Ages so it is incredible that this sort of thing still goes on in this day and age. That the unelected Murdoch had and still has so much power over governments is beyond ridiculous in the 21st century. It isn’t taking back power from the EA we should worry about, it is taking back power from an Australian. The fact that someone like Andrew Neil can sit there quite happily talking about how much access and influence Murdoch and his executives wielded over the government should concern everyone.
Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 21:38 - Jul 25 with 1118 viewsSadoldgit

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 20:41 - Jul 22 by saint22

Part two is even more astonishing

Just watched it. It focussed on the phone hacking campaign and the great work that The Guardian and Max Mosley did to expose it. It is amazing that none of the Murdochs faced a jail term and that they effectively got away with it. The cynical move to close the a News of the World and throw many long term loyal employees under the bus and then launch The Sun on Sunday was typical Murdoch.

People worry that Gao is a right and proper person to run a football club but they should worry about Murdoch being a right and proper owner of such a huge media empire that still has huge influence on its readers.

My respect for John Major has grown since I learned that he ignored Murdoch’s threat about losing his support if he didn’t change his policies on Europe
Login to get fewer ads

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 21:51 - Jul 25 with 1115 viewsBicester_North

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 21:38 - Jul 25 by Sadoldgit

Just watched it. It focussed on the phone hacking campaign and the great work that The Guardian and Max Mosley did to expose it. It is amazing that none of the Murdochs faced a jail term and that they effectively got away with it. The cynical move to close the a News of the World and throw many long term loyal employees under the bus and then launch The Sun on Sunday was typical Murdoch.

People worry that Gao is a right and proper person to run a football club but they should worry about Murdoch being a right and proper owner of such a huge media empire that still has huge influence on its readers.

My respect for John Major has grown since I learned that he ignored Murdoch’s threat about losing his support if he didn’t change his policies on Europe

Presumably you, unlike saint22, never paid for Sky.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 09:43 - Jul 26 with 1059 viewsSadoldgit

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 21:51 - Jul 25 by Bicester_North

Presumably you, unlike saint22, never paid for Sky.

I stopped subscribing to the sports channel some time ago although sadly we still watch Sky Atlantic. The trouble when someone is allowed to own so much of the media, it is hard to avoid them.
Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 21:49 - Jul 28 with 1021 viewssaint22

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 09:43 - Jul 26 by Sadoldgit

I stopped subscribing to the sports channel some time ago although sadly we still watch Sky Atlantic. The trouble when someone is allowed to own so much of the media, it is hard to avoid them.

Episode three is even more horrific
Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 07:45 - Jul 29 with 974 viewsSadoldgit

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 21:49 - Jul 28 by saint22

Episode three is even more horrific

A lot more people will now know that Tony Blai shagged his misses! There were some upsides. James Murdoch finally grew a backbone and walked out. Elizabeth had a backbone all along and bailed years ago. Many negatives though. The power to influence voters across a number of countries should never be in the hands of one man.

We heard how he was instrumental in the elections here over the last 40 years. We heard how he was responsible for winning the Brexit vote and putting Trump on the throne. Oh the irony. We were told we were taking back power from the EU but all the way along we were being played by an Australian who was/is only concerned with doing what is best for himself.

Interesting that a former Sun editor believes that Brexit will damage Britain forever. Interesting too that Andrew Neil talked about the extent of his political power in the UK, US and Australia but how no one in Brussels takes any notice of him. Little wonder he put so much effort into the Brexit campaign.

Murdoch should have been dead and buried after the phone hacking scandal. Instead he rose again to bend much of the Western world to his will. So much for democracy.
Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 15:42 - Jul 29 with 935 viewssaint22

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 07:45 - Jul 29 by Sadoldgit

A lot more people will now know that Tony Blai shagged his misses! There were some upsides. James Murdoch finally grew a backbone and walked out. Elizabeth had a backbone all along and bailed years ago. Many negatives though. The power to influence voters across a number of countries should never be in the hands of one man.

We heard how he was instrumental in the elections here over the last 40 years. We heard how he was responsible for winning the Brexit vote and putting Trump on the throne. Oh the irony. We were told we were taking back power from the EU but all the way along we were being played by an Australian who was/is only concerned with doing what is best for himself.

Interesting that a former Sun editor believes that Brexit will damage Britain forever. Interesting too that Andrew Neil talked about the extent of his political power in the UK, US and Australia but how no one in Brussels takes any notice of him. Little wonder he put so much effort into the Brexit campaign.

Murdoch should have been dead and buried after the phone hacking scandal. Instead he rose again to bend much of the Western world to his will. So much for democracy.

The fact that heseltine and major never sucked up to him tells you an awful lot
As for Farage WAC
Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 19:46 - Jul 29 with 917 viewssaint22

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 07:45 - Jul 29 by Sadoldgit

Oh and denying climate change
Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 20:50 - Jul 29 with 896 viewsSadoldgit

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 19:46 - Jul 29 by saint22

Oh and denying climate change

Yes I forgot that! That was the reason that he fell out with James. His response to the questions about climate change said it all about how he only cares for himself. Think of the good he could have done for the planet with all the power that he amassed. Instead he will be remembered for looking after his own interests and destroying people lives through his murky media empire.

Dennis Porter put things into perspective when he told the story about calling his pancreatic cancer Rupert and saying that he wanted to shoot the bugger. His point about bringing society down to the gutter through his newspapers was spot on. No one dumbs down like Murdoch.
Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 09:10 - Jul 30 with 859 viewskernow

Murdoch is a slimy turd.
Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 10:13 - Jul 30 with 854 viewsgeezershoong1

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 10:17 - Jul 19 by Sadoldgit

And yet the BBC gets slaughtered from the Left for being too biased to the Right? It can’t be biased both ways can it?

I guess you would only be happy if all the media was biased to the right.

Murdoch has been a huge problem for the democracy that many of you Brexit extremists keep banging on about.

There was a vote, nearly two.

'Brexit Extremists'.

What an odd thing to say.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 11:45 - Jul 30 with 831 viewsSadoldgit

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 10:13 - Jul 30 by geezershoong1

There was a vote, nearly two.

'Brexit Extremists'.

What an odd thing to say.

Why? There are some people who are extreme in their views about leaving the EU. Why wouldn’t they be called Brexit extremists? Would you say that someone like Farage was passive in his view about leaving the EU?
Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 11:46 - Jul 30 with 825 viewsJaySaint

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 11:45 - Jul 30 by Sadoldgit

Why? There are some people who are extreme in their views about leaving the EU. Why wouldn’t they be called Brexit extremists? Would you say that someone like Farage was passive in his view about leaving the EU?

you are a remain extremist

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 11:48 - Jul 30 with 824 viewsSadoldgit

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 11:46 - Jul 30 by JaySaint

If I was don’t you think that I would do far more about it than just post on an Internet football forum?
Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 11:57 - Jul 30 with 817 viewsChesham_Saint

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 11:46 - Jul 30 by JaySaint

I can’t see how, with a binary decision, anyone voting ‘in’ or ‘out’ can be an extremist.

It’s like you can’t be a little bit dead. You cant be a little bit pregnant and you can’t be a little bit ‘pompey’. You’re either one or the other and it doesn’t make you ‘extreme’ (except in the case of pompey obvs when, to be fair, that would make you an extreme cvnt).

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 13:20 - Jul 30 with 800 viewssaint22

Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty on 20:50 - Jul 29 by Sadoldgit

Yes I forgot that! That was the reason that he fell out with James. His response to the questions about climate change said it all about how he only cares for himself. Think of the good he could have done for the planet with all the power that he amassed. Instead he will be remembered for looking after his own interests and destroying people lives through his murky media empire.

Dennis Porter put things into perspective when he told the story about calling his pancreatic cancer Rupert and saying that he wanted to shoot the bugger. His point about bringing society down to the gutter through his newspapers was spot on. No one dumbs down like Murdoch.

https://hackinginquiry.org/unelected-insidious-influence-murdoch/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024