Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Knee booed by horny fans? 00:31 - Dec 31 with 20696 viewsHighjack

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55493844

This post has been edited by an administrator

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:32 - Jan 4 with 1118 viewsDr_Parnassus

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:27 - Jan 4 by Chief

My work here is done

That’s what usually happens when the question comes out of actually showing where the oppression is.

Cheap insults and dishonest interpretations and a quick exit.

You aren’t the first and you won’t be the last.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:33 - Jan 4 with 1118 viewsBoundy

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:43 - Jan 4 with 1094 viewsGlossolalia

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:30 - Jan 4 by Dr_Parnassus

The NBA allowed social justice messages on its jerseys, but banned any mention of the oppression of the Uighurs in China. They are very lucrative to the NBA are the Chinese.

These people are being ethically cleansed, loaded onto trains and put into camps as we speak. Nobody cares, the same people claiming oppression in America and Britain happy to turn a blind eye. Can’t take them seriously for a second.

People are genuinely bonkers.

Those speaking up about real, systemic oppression are the ones called closet-racists. Simply because they see the hypocrisy; this nauseating veneer of self-righteousness and narcissism. Leading the march against racism, whilst rejecting any association with a Muslim player who is distraught with the appalling treatment of his common ancestors.

We live in an age where gestures, posters on windows, and empty mantras are more valued than actually calling out and repudiating true racism. A pillock on Twitter being racist is just that - brainless, but small instances. Morons can't be fixed and I despise them as much as anyone else, but this is what is repeatedly highlighted, and not the suffocation and ethnic cleansing of Uighur Muslims, brought to light by a prominent sportsman.

And so it will go on.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 13:48]
Knee booed by horny fans? on 14:05 - Jan 4 with 1081 viewslondonlisa2001

Knee booed by horny fans? on 00:47 - Jan 4 by Glossolalia

It's simply not a global movement, don't be so Western culture-centric and naive. There is also no global stand against racism, nor will there be for a long time. How this chimes with substituting a patently political movement for a sport-led one is beyond me. A complete misnomer.

As for the racists, I hope they are worried. But it has been established that some black players are sick of this posturing, let alone the fans. They don't see themselves as spear-heading some global campaign, come on.

I shan't be debating this further, especially in light of your painfully quixotic thinking. Good points made all round though. I learnt that this taking the knee is even more unpopular than I thought. Good.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 0:52]

Of course it is. There have been marches in support of BLM in every continent apart from Antarctica.

You made a point about doing it differently. Many have suggested going back to something like ‘Kick it Out’. I explained why that’s the ‘safe and unthreatening’ option in response.

I didn’t suggest the players saw themselves as spearheading anything. Just that they were part of a wider movement, not one limited to football. Hence why people are reacting so badly.

Nothing even remotely quixotic about my thinking, painful or otherwise. It was a statement of opinion. Not suggestion of direction.

Re unpopularity or otherwise. The people on here who are against taking the knee are the people I would have expected would be against it. It’s exactly as unpopular amongst them as I would have predicted.
Knee booed by horny fans? on 14:10 - Jan 4 with 1072 viewsDr_Parnassus

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:43 - Jan 4 by Glossolalia

Those speaking up about real, systemic oppression are the ones called closet-racists. Simply because they see the hypocrisy; this nauseating veneer of self-righteousness and narcissism. Leading the march against racism, whilst rejecting any association with a Muslim player who is distraught with the appalling treatment of his common ancestors.

We live in an age where gestures, posters on windows, and empty mantras are more valued than actually calling out and repudiating true racism. A pillock on Twitter being racist is just that - brainless, but small instances. Morons can't be fixed and I despise them as much as anyone else, but this is what is repeatedly highlighted, and not the suffocation and ethnic cleansing of Uighur Muslims, brought to light by a prominent sportsman.

And so it will go on.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 13:48]

Word perfect again.

The people on a quest to create racism where there isn’t any by insisting that’s why people are against a clearly politically linked gesture, when many of the opposition to it are also black, are very tiresome.

But hollow and hypocritical virtue points don’t earn themselves.

Knee booed by horny fans? on 14:14 - Jan 4 with 1068 viewsonehunglow

Are there any people of colour here debating this or are we trying to articulate how they feel.

As for posters knowing what others are thinking ,just OMG

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Knee booed by horny fans? on 14:14 - Jan 4 with 1066 viewslondonlisa2001

Knee booed by horny fans? on 11:18 - Jan 4 by Lohengrin

Did you by any chance see the coverage of the delightful Sasha Johnson and Ash Sarkar leading off the BLM demonstration in Wood Green three weeks ago?

Lovely girls those two.

Sasha Johnson is an absolute moron.

But it’s irrelevant.

There appears to be a real confusion about what BLM is. It’s a movement, not a political group or party. Some people, groups, factions, have attached themselves to the BLM name that many, including me, would fundamentally disagree with. It doesn’t change the nature of the movement. Any more than, as has been pointed out here, the NF commandeering the Union Flag means that anyone flying the flag agrees with them.

People who are spouting the ‘it’s Marxist’ line are simply unwilling or unable to grasp that rather simple point. Many do it deliberately to undermine the wider movement. Many others are taken in by those that deliberately undermine.
Knee booed by horny fans? on 14:18 - Jan 4 with 1061 viewsDr_Parnassus

Knee booed by horny fans? on 14:14 - Jan 4 by onehunglow

Are there any people of colour here debating this or are we trying to articulate how they feel.

I posted the alternate African American views earlier in the thread, ironically they were ignored as they didn’t have the opinion people wanted them to have.

Login to get fewer ads

Knee booed by horny fans? on 14:21 - Jan 4 with 1057 viewslondonlisa2001

Knee booed by horny fans? on 11:31 - Jan 4 by Lohengrin

Oh! I know what it is, Lis. I don’t need telling...

https://thumbs-prod.si-cdn.com/W4VKwQpYbR3qT86a6tR_Z1oIwZA=/1024x596/

Exactly.

Those are German anti fascists from the early 1930s.
Knee booed by horny fans? on 14:58 - Jan 4 with 1026 viewsLohengrin

Knee booed by horny fans? on 14:21 - Jan 4 by londonlisa2001

Exactly.

Those are German anti fascists from the early 1930s.

And that little shit on the left is a young Erich Mielke, future head of the Ministerium für Staatsicherheit, or the STASI as it was otherwise known.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Knee booed by horny fans? on 15:02 - Jan 4 with 1019 viewsHighjack

Knee booed by horny fans? on 14:58 - Jan 4 by Lohengrin

And that little shit on the left is a young Erich Mielke, future head of the Ministerium für Staatsicherheit, or the STASI as it was otherwise known.

Yes and it looks like Benedict Cumberbatch is also there in the middle.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Knee booed by horny fans? on 15:07 - Jan 4 with 1015 viewsLohengrin

Knee booed by horny fans? on 14:14 - Jan 4 by londonlisa2001

Sasha Johnson is an absolute moron.

But it’s irrelevant.

There appears to be a real confusion about what BLM is. It’s a movement, not a political group or party. Some people, groups, factions, have attached themselves to the BLM name that many, including me, would fundamentally disagree with. It doesn’t change the nature of the movement. Any more than, as has been pointed out here, the NF commandeering the Union Flag means that anyone flying the flag agrees with them.

People who are spouting the ‘it’s Marxist’ line are simply unwilling or unable to grasp that rather simple point. Many do it deliberately to undermine the wider movement. Many others are taken in by those that deliberately undermine.

So you keep saying but it takes about two seconds to look at BLMUK’s own social media output to see them enthusiastically amplifying every cuckoo and crank from Momentum to The Morning Star, Lis.

Knee booed by horny fans? on 15:18 - Jan 4 with 1007 viewsTreforys_Jack

Wow 2 days on the trot, we're on a roll i tell you.
Knee booed by horny fans? on 15:41 - Jan 4 with 989 viewslondonlisa2001

Knee booed by horny fans? on 14:58 - Jan 4 by Lohengrin

Not sure why that’s relevant.

My point was simply that it’s not, as keeps being claimed, a ‘Black Power’ salute.

It’s been used for all sorts of things, by all sorts of groups. It is a gesture of resistance or solidarity.
Knee booed by horny fans? on 15:48 - Jan 4 with 975 viewsGlossolalia

Knee booed by horny fans? on 14:05 - Jan 4 by londonlisa2001

Of course it is. There have been marches in support of BLM in every continent apart from Antarctica.

You made a point about doing it differently. Many have suggested going back to something like ‘Kick it Out’. I explained why that’s the ‘safe and unthreatening’ option in response.

I didn’t suggest the players saw themselves as spearheading anything. Just that they were part of a wider movement, not one limited to football. Hence why people are reacting so badly.

Nothing even remotely quixotic about my thinking, painful or otherwise. It was a statement of opinion. Not suggestion of direction.

Re unpopularity or otherwise. The people on here who are against taking the knee are the people I would have expected would be against it. It’s exactly as unpopular amongst them as I would have predicted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:George_Floyd_protests_map#/map/0(show)

Click on that map and tell me it's not Western-centric, along with Commonwealth states, and more progressive, egalitarian countries, barring a few anomalies, of course.

Four protests of note in the entire continent of Africa. The same amount as Hawaii. Five in South America. None in India, China, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Latvia vast swathes of Central Asia, Central America. Literally billions of people. Barring Israel, none on the Arabian peninsula.

This is a progressive, Western-style protest which has not gripped the globe. It is not global. It's remarkable, yes, but to suggest this is some globally-unifying march, which the likes of me are too shriveled to appreciate, is utter crap.

Sharing a distaste for something that many racists happen to dislike is not a good enough reason to remain silent. The reasoning behind it is the important distinction. Lost on you, as expected. No word on tackling real racism, as expected.

And BLM are whatever you want to call them. But they have extreme Marxist views, hitherto published on their website. Open your eyes Lisa.

Good day.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 15:56]
Knee booed by horny fans? on 15:50 - Jan 4 with 973 viewsGlossolalia

Britt Assombalonga and Mesut Ozil have done a great job in highlighting the trite nature of this particular protest, and the utter hypocrisy of sporting institutions when shying away from real racism. A black man and a Muslim respectively.

This isn't assumption.
Knee booed by horny fans? on 15:56 - Jan 4 with 965 viewsLohengrin

Knee booed by horny fans? on 15:41 - Jan 4 by londonlisa2001

Not sure why that’s relevant.

My point was simply that it’s not, as keeps being claimed, a ‘Black Power’ salute.

It’s been used for all sorts of things, by all sorts of groups. It is a gesture of resistance or solidarity.

I’ve never claimed it was a ‘black’ anything, I’m crystal clear as to the origin.

You kicked your previous post off with “exactly;” as if to say these are the good guys, the negation of everything you see as being wrong-headed on this thread. They were not.

It’s a shame you wasn’t in Berlin with me in the ‘80s, I could have taken you to the wall and shown you the political state behind the posturing, the grinding reality. A damn shame actually, I think I would have quite enjoyed having you with me...

Knee booed by horny fans? on 15:57 - Jan 4 with 963 viewslondonlisa2001

Knee booed by horny fans? on 15:07 - Jan 4 by Lohengrin

So you keep saying but it takes about two seconds to look at BLMUK’s own social media output to see them enthusiastically amplifying every cuckoo and crank from Momentum to The Morning Star, Lis.

The mistake being made is in describing an account as ‘BLM UK’s own social media output’.

The organisation describing themselves as BLM UK are simply a group using the BLM movement to further their own political ambitions.

BLM as a movement exists outside any of that.

Look, there’s a movement against climate change. Worldwide. There are all sorts of people that support that fundamental aim. However, there are a number of groupings that work within that overarching movement that will have different political views. Extinction Rebellion, for example. That doesn’t mean that their aims are shared by all those who support the wider climate change movement. Many supporters of the need for change over climate and other so called green issues will fundamentally disagree with some aspects of Extinction Rebellion’s agenda. (They are also labelled Marxist of course - it’s the accusation of choice these days).
But the same right wing propaganda machine that labels the BLM movement as ‘Marxist’ also criticises students out on one of the Greta Thunberg inspired marches as ‘hypocrites’ because they use mobile phones and pretends they are all Marxist too. It’s taking one extreme grouping within a global movement and attempting to tar the entire movement with the same brush as a way of undermining the cause,

It’s fairly constant these days. When a movement is developing any sort of momentum and is in any way challenging the status quo of the establishment, a vast propaganda machine kicks into action describing the whole thing as ‘Marxist’. Or ‘culturally Marxist’. It’s complete nonsense. People are so easily duped by this stuff it’s unreal.
Knee booed by horny fans? on 16:06 - Jan 4 with 959 viewsLohengrin

Knee booed by horny fans? on 15:57 - Jan 4 by londonlisa2001

The mistake being made is in describing an account as ‘BLM UK’s own social media output’.

The organisation describing themselves as BLM UK are simply a group using the BLM movement to further their own political ambitions.

BLM as a movement exists outside any of that.

Look, there’s a movement against climate change. Worldwide. There are all sorts of people that support that fundamental aim. However, there are a number of groupings that work within that overarching movement that will have different political views. Extinction Rebellion, for example. That doesn’t mean that their aims are shared by all those who support the wider climate change movement. Many supporters of the need for change over climate and other so called green issues will fundamentally disagree with some aspects of Extinction Rebellion’s agenda. (They are also labelled Marxist of course - it’s the accusation of choice these days).
But the same right wing propaganda machine that labels the BLM movement as ‘Marxist’ also criticises students out on one of the Greta Thunberg inspired marches as ‘hypocrites’ because they use mobile phones and pretends they are all Marxist too. It’s taking one extreme grouping within a global movement and attempting to tar the entire movement with the same brush as a way of undermining the cause,

It’s fairly constant these days. When a movement is developing any sort of momentum and is in any way challenging the status quo of the establishment, a vast propaganda machine kicks into action describing the whole thing as ‘Marxist’. Or ‘culturally Marxist’. It’s complete nonsense. People are so easily duped by this stuff it’s unreal.

” When a movement is developing any sort of momentum and is in any way challenging the status quo of the establishment, a vast propaganda machine kicks into action...”

Well, I’ve got no point of disagreement with you on that observation but that isn’t the case with BLM. ‘The Establishment,’ or more pointedly Capital is bending over backward in its unseemly haste to accommodate and promote it.

Knee booed by horny fans? on 16:11 - Jan 4 with 953 viewsonehunglow

Knee booed by horny fans? on 15:48 - Jan 4 by Glossolalia

Click on that map and tell me it's not Western-centric, along with Commonwealth states, and more progressive, egalitarian countries, barring a few anomalies, of course.

Four protests of note in the entire continent of Africa. The same amount as Hawaii. Five in South America. None in India, China, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Latvia vast swathes of Central Asia, Central America. Literally billions of people. Barring Israel, none on the Arabian peninsula.

This is a progressive, Western-style protest which has not gripped the globe. It is not global. It's remarkable, yes, but to suggest this is some globally-unifying march, which the likes of me are too shriveled to appreciate, is utter crap.

Sharing a distaste for something that many racists happen to dislike is not a good enough reason to remain silent. The reasoning behind it is the important distinction. Lost on you, as expected. No word on tackling real racism, as expected.

And BLM are whatever you want to call them. But they have extreme Marxist views, hitherto published on their website. Open your eyes Lisa.

Good day.

Ive no idea as to whom Gloss is but just what a poster.Who the hell is he? mart?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 16:12]

Knee booed by horny fans? on 16:13 - Jan 4 with 951 viewsonehunglow

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:33 - Jan 4 by Boundy

Gutless and shocking supervision.People get well paid to manage these jobs and are failing the public.Allowing this is criminal.

Knee booed by horny fans? on 16:17 - Jan 4 with 947 viewsonehunglow

Knee booed by horny fans? on 14:18 - Jan 4 by Dr_Parnassus

I posted the alternate African American views earlier in the thread, ironically they were ignored as they didn’t have the opinion people wanted them to have.

Sorry I missed that.You're on a roll.

I see posts alluding to being able to know exactly what a poster thinks ,means and posts.

Absolute delusion in purest form.

This subject is nebulous and nobody at all is 100% of anything,especially white middle cla people in well paid jobs utterly removed from dark ,drug addled inner cities .

Knee booed by horny fans? on 16:23 - Jan 4 with 944 viewslondonlisa2001

Knee booed by horny fans? on 15:48 - Jan 4 by Glossolalia

Good day.

The absence or otherwise (and btw ‘Nothing in India’? A cursory search shows differently.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/asia/black-lives-matter-protests-stir-raci )

of protests in individual countries doesn’t change its global nature. And China and Russia have actually adopted support for BLM at a government level as a way of criticising the US. Ironically of course given the appalling human rights abuses within both countries.

I didn’t suggest you were shrivelled or indeed anything remotely similar. I didn’t criticise your position on anything at all. I stated my opinion on why BLM is causing the reaction it is amongst those clamouring for a ‘safer’ alternative. I also said that a global, anti racism movement is by definition political. Not sure where you get the impression I was saying anything at all one way or another about your position?

BLM have no ‘extreme Marxist’ views. It is a movement encompassing all sorts of groups, motivated by all sorts of things. The only unifying part of it is that Black Lives Matter. Most people that criticise wouldn’t recognise Marxism if Karl himself was to climb out from his Highgate home and slap them across the face with a hardback copy of Das Kapital.
Knee booed by horny fans? on 16:31 - Jan 4 with 931 viewslondonlisa2001

Knee booed by horny fans? on 15:56 - Jan 4 by Lohengrin

I’ve never claimed it was a ‘black’ anything, I’m crystal clear as to the origin.

You kicked your previous post off with “exactly;” as if to say these are the good guys, the negation of everything you see as being wrong-headed on this thread. They were not.

It’s a shame you wasn’t in Berlin with me in the ‘80s, I could have taken you to the wall and shown you the political state behind the posturing, the grinding reality. A damn shame actually, I think I would have quite enjoyed having you with me...

The ‘exactly’ was in reference to the symbol being used way before ‘Black Power’ became a thing.

I don’t think communists are in any way good guys. I don’t think extremists of any political persuasion are good guys. The evil carried out by both the extreme left and extreme right is abhorrent to me in every single way.

I’m not sure why you think I’m any sort of supporter of communism that needs to see Berlin in the 80s. I’m far more of a liberal globalist than you are. I just think accusations that an anti racist movement is ‘marxist’ are utterly ludicrous.
Knee booed by horny fans? on 16:39 - Jan 4 with 924 viewslondonlisa2001

Knee booed by horny fans? on 16:06 - Jan 4 by Lohengrin

” When a movement is developing any sort of momentum and is in any way challenging the status quo of the establishment, a vast propaganda machine kicks into action...”

Well, I’ve got no point of disagreement with you on that observation but that isn’t the case with BLM. ‘The Establishment,’ or more pointedly Capital is bending over backward in its unseemly haste to accommodate and promote it.

Nah. It’s not really.

If you look at the real money, the real elite, it’s there that all this Marxist stuff has come from. Same place as the anti climate change stuff comes from. The Covid denial. The pro brexit, pro Trump politics.

It’s the disaster capitalists again and again. The world burning is how they make their money. BLM suited them at first until it became too big to handle. That’s when the propaganda set in. It happened almost overnight.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024