Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arriola 19:43 - Feb 1 with 6725 views34dfgdf54

I know I haven’t been the most upbeat on here lately and I apologise for that, but was Morris and Arriola (pending) Cooper’s signings?

Something doesn’t seem right to me. Keith didn’t you mention there will be issues if Morris doesn’t start? I’m assuming it will be the same when we are signing a DC United player.

Arriola on 09:35 - Feb 2 with 2000 viewsKeithHaynes

Arriola on 08:10 - Feb 2 by MoscowJack

Cooper's been given a squad. It's up to him which team he picks. To suggest otherwise is madness.

He's spoken about talking to Morris and others Morris has worked with (before he arrived) and I guess he's done the same with all the other signings.

No player will be guaranteed time. Promotion is too important and valuable for that.

Keeping all these players happy won't be easy, but that's a much better problem to have than to see the team struggling because of injuries, suspensions or covid!

I quite agree, but I also think there will be some annoyed Americans if as an example Morris gets the same opportunity as Viktor Gyökeres, I think that was the point being made, not who picked the team.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Arriola on 09:44 - Feb 2 with 1980 viewsMoscowJack

Arriola on 09:35 - Feb 2 by KeithHaynes

I quite agree, but I also think there will be some annoyed Americans if as an example Morris gets the same opportunity as Viktor Gyökeres, I think that was the point being made, not who picked the team.

They'll only be annoyed if they don't understand how football works.

Most of the players we've signed are back up for a first XI that's done exceptionally well this season.

The new players will have to impress in training and when they get on the pitch, or they'll never get into the first XI. That's football and I'm sure that Cooper's made no guarantees to anyone that they'll get first team football week-in, week-out. That's football.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Arriola on 09:45 - Feb 2 with 1968 viewsThornburyswan

Cooper's been given a squad. It's up to him which team he picks. To suggest otherwise is madness.

He's spoken about talking to Morris and others Morris has worked with (before he arrived) and I guess he's done the same with all the other signings.

No player will be guaranteed time. Promotion is too important and valuable for that.

Keeping all these players happy won't be easy, but that's a much better problem to have than to see the team struggling because of injuries, suspensions or covid!

Agree - back in early Jan MGW, Gyokeres & Palmer were always in the 20 man match day squad as were Routs, Benda, Cullen & Garrick so that’s 7 of our usual 20 either left or out for the season & 6 new signings so for me not a problem for Cooper & gives all the 6 new players a chance to impress.
Arriola on 09:53 - Feb 2 with 1956 viewsjasper_T

Arriola on 09:44 - Feb 2 by MoscowJack

Most of the players we've signed are back up for a first XI that's done exceptionally well this season.

The new players will have to impress in training and when they get on the pitch, or they'll never get into the first XI. That's football and I'm sure that Cooper's made no guarantees to anyone that they'll get first team football week-in, week-out. That's football.

We've seen him sign plenty of players and throw them straight in. The idea that it's 100% a meritocracy and everyone needs to prove themselves in training first is simply not true, here or at any club.
Arriola on 09:57 - Feb 2 with 1959 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m seeing more and more of Cooper’s mindset as we get more success on the field, he doesn’t strike me as anyone who would be dictated to for sure, especially when it comes to his job. In fact he looks very positive but driven at times, not bad qualities if you have to deal with people who don’t know too much about how football works,

Great signings yesterday and in the last month, and seemingly no real issues with fax machines or removing noughts off the contract, for me that’s the biggest bonus 😂👍

Arriola on 10:51 - Feb 2 with 1888 viewsthornabyswan

Arriola on 09:57 - Feb 2 by KeithHaynes

I’m seeing more and more of Cooper’s mindset as we get more success on the field, he doesn’t strike me as anyone who would be dictated to for sure, especially when it comes to his job. In fact he looks very positive but driven at times, not bad qualities if you have to deal with people who don’t know too much about how football works,

Great signings yesterday and in the last month, and seemingly no real issues with fax machines or removing noughts off the contract, for me that’s the biggest bonus 😂👍

Wales on line saying Arriola till the end of season.

It was on here last night that it's only 2 months any idea which one is right.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 10:54]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Arriola on 11:00 - Feb 2 with 1875 viewsandypitt56

Arriola on 10:51 - Feb 2 by thornabyswan

Wales on line saying Arriola till the end of season.

It was on here last night that it's only 2 months any idea which one is right.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 10:54]

There was a post on twitter from an American guy that broke the news about the move, saying that DC wanted a recall clause included. whether or not that was actually included i cant see it anywhere.
Arriola on 11:24 - Feb 2 with 1813 viewsAndyCole

Arriola on 09:53 - Feb 2 by jasper_T

We've seen him sign plenty of players and throw them straight in. The idea that it's 100% a meritocracy and everyone needs to prove themselves in training first is simply not true, here or at any club.

Absolutely this. Brewster, Gallagher nigh on 100% starters and finishers. MGW same when fit. Hourihane too. How some can't see this is odd. Understandably there is a massive big brother element, most especially with relative rookie managers like Cooper. Birch was (subtly) all over team selection, as I'm sure Winter will be too.

CH aside, we haven't signed obvious starters this window. Good finishers as Eddie calls them, hopefully.

If Arriola is a MGW as someone said, he may be a starter. And just what we need.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Login to get fewer ads

Arriola on 11:38 - Feb 2 with 1813 viewsKeithHaynes

PAUL ARRIOLA ON HIS MOVE TO SWANSEA CITY

"It has been a crazy 24 hours but extremely exciting, I am excited to get this loan deal over the line and cannot wait to get over there, start training and hopefully playing soon.

"I had spoken to Steve Cooper a couple of weeks back and been with the national team for three weeks with Jordan Morris and we were both on the same page that we had the possibility to go and obviously he was able to go before me.
Arriola -
"It was just a waiting game and being with the national team kept my mind busy and today being deadline day thankfully everything was able to fall our way and I am now able to be in a fortunate position to go to Europe and test myself over there which I am really excited about.

"I am really good friends on and off the pitch with Jordan (Morris) and I think it will help both of us to be together over there and we are both really thriving in the system.

"It is great to be part of a club that is fighting for promotion which is extremely special. I need to get over there and get used to the culture and the country and give them everything that I have, this is the type of guy that I am and I will try and fit into any position to help the team."

Arriola on 12:44 - Feb 2 with 1712 views34dfgdf54

Arriola on 11:38 - Feb 2 by KeithHaynes

PAUL ARRIOLA ON HIS MOVE TO SWANSEA CITY

"It has been a crazy 24 hours but extremely exciting, I am excited to get this loan deal over the line and cannot wait to get over there, start training and hopefully playing soon.

"I had spoken to Steve Cooper a couple of weeks back and been with the national team for three weeks with Jordan Morris and we were both on the same page that we had the possibility to go and obviously he was able to go before me.
Arriola -
"It was just a waiting game and being with the national team kept my mind busy and today being deadline day thankfully everything was able to fall our way and I am now able to be in a fortunate position to go to Europe and test myself over there which I am really excited about.

"I am really good friends on and off the pitch with Jordan (Morris) and I think it will help both of us to be together over there and we are both really thriving in the system.

"It is great to be part of a club that is fighting for promotion which is extremely special. I need to get over there and get used to the culture and the country and give them everything that I have, this is the type of guy that I am and I will try and fit into any position to help the team."

Promising.

Be interesting to see what Cooper has to say during his media briefing tomorrow.
Arriola on 13:29 - Feb 2 with 1663 viewsReslovenSwan1

Arriola on 11:24 - Feb 2 by AndyCole

Absolutely this. Brewster, Gallagher nigh on 100% starters and finishers. MGW same when fit. Hourihane too. How some can't see this is odd. Understandably there is a massive big brother element, most especially with relative rookie managers like Cooper. Birch was (subtly) all over team selection, as I'm sure Winter will be too.

CH aside, we haven't signed obvious starters this window. Good finishers as Eddie calls them, hopefully.

If Arriola is a MGW as someone said, he may be a starter. And just what we need.

A recall clause tells Cooper, "use him or lose him" .

There will be no obligation for Cooper to play Arriola but if he does not play he is coming come.

We saw what happened to Peterson. Cooper wanted to keep him Peterson but Peterson went to the chairman demanding a move as I read it.

In the FA cup Cooper could have given Garrick a game after a very promising game v Stevenage at wing back. Instead Roberts was picked. "He gets a bit miffed when left out".

Cooper now needs to sub players like Ayew. Lowe and Roberts to keep them fresh and a happy ship further down the pecking order. He will have to manage the egos of the 'big shots' which now include the boy from Crynant which is testament to his excellent performances.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 13:32]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Arriola on 14:11 - Feb 2 with 1638 views34dfgdf54

Arriola on 12:44 - Feb 2 by 34dfgdf54

Promising.

Be interesting to see what Cooper has to say during his media briefing tomorrow.

Imagine he does an AVB

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/olivier-ntcham-transf
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 14:11]
Arriola on 14:39 - Feb 2 with 1605 viewsKeithHaynes

And we were singing, Paul Arriola and Jordan Morris and Hourihane.
I thank you.

Arriola on 17:42 - Feb 2 with 1493 viewsPolskijack

Marc founder of Stateside Jacks knows the score on this. .
Arriola on 18:34 - Feb 2 with 1424 viewsKeithHaynes

Arriola on 17:42 - Feb 2 by Polskijack

Marc founder of Stateside Jacks knows the score on this. .

Still feel Cooper could get a few nudges if he sits on the bench.

Arriola on 18:37 - Feb 2 with 1422 viewsPolskijack

Arriola on 18:34 - Feb 2 by KeithHaynes

Still feel Cooper could get a few nudges if he sits on the bench.

I'm sure he will but hopefully not from the fans
Arriola on 18:40 - Feb 2 with 1414 viewsKeithHaynes

Arriola on 18:37 - Feb 2 by Polskijack

I'm sure he will but hopefully not from the fans

Long distance more like.

Arriola on 22:20 - Feb 2 with 1279 viewsDJack

...This is where managers earn their wages.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Arriola on 13:37 - Feb 3 with 1105 views34dfgdf54

Coopers answers regarding Arriola in todays press conference confirms it wasn't his signing, compared to what he answered like with whittaker/freeman.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-press-co

His answer on deadline day being a success "glad we didn't lose anybody"
Arriola on 14:09 - Feb 3 with 1060 viewsBadlands

Arriola on 13:29 - Feb 2 by ReslovenSwan1

A recall clause tells Cooper, "use him or lose him" .

There will be no obligation for Cooper to play Arriola but if he does not play he is coming come.

We saw what happened to Peterson. Cooper wanted to keep him Peterson but Peterson went to the chairman demanding a move as I read it.

In the FA cup Cooper could have given Garrick a game after a very promising game v Stevenage at wing back. Instead Roberts was picked. "He gets a bit miffed when left out".

Cooper now needs to sub players like Ayew. Lowe and Roberts to keep them fresh and a happy ship further down the pecking order. He will have to manage the egos of the 'big shots' which now include the boy from Crynant which is testament to his excellent performances.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 13:32]

Good points.
Clubs want, and some expect, their loaned out players given plenty of game time or they get recalled ... they do it, we do.
Look at most of our game time threads and fans (not just me) are asking why Cooper isn't using the bench and you have hit on another reason he should be - players do not see themselves getting an opportunity to play and eventually want out.
But there again Cooper is the greatest manager of all time and we're second in the league.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Arriola on 16:33 - Feb 3 with 1002 viewsReslovenSwan1

Arriola on 14:11 - Feb 2 by 34dfgdf54

Imagine he does an AVB

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/olivier-ntcham-transf
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 14:11]

I hope that French translator has been sacked .

ACB reportedly said "I dont want anything I do not want money".

Obviously he did not really say that, surely? Really? How odd. It must be a mis translation?

Arriola on 16:46 - Feb 3 with 1001 viewsChief

I hope we aren't going to start paying Arriolas wages until he arrives here.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Arriola on 19:47 - Feb 3 with 908 viewsReslovenSwan1

Arriola on 16:46 - Feb 3 by Chief

I hope we aren't going to start paying Arriolas wages until he arrives here.

It never ends does it?. Is it any wonder i show dogged persitence. The US people own both clubs. Synergy is an efficient way of working. They are handing over their best player to try and make a difference for Swansea.

Arriola on 20:22 - Feb 3 with 901 viewsChief

Arriola on 19:47 - Feb 3 by ReslovenSwan1

It never ends does it?. Is it any wonder i show dogged persitence. The US people own both clubs. Synergy is an efficient way of working. They are handing over their best player to try and make a difference for Swansea.

What are you on about?

I don't care where he's from, hes unavailable to play for us we shouldn't be paying his wages.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Arriola on 20:23 - Feb 3 with 898 viewsfbreath

Arriola on 19:47 - Feb 3 by ReslovenSwan1

They also supplied us with an international manager how did that go

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024