Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread AFTERMATH 03:13 - Feb 6 with 17064 viewsNotLoyal

UP FOR THE CUP

Wednesday 10th February 2021
FA CUP Fifth Round
Liberty Stadium
Kick Off 5.30pm

The game will be shown on BT Sport LIVE from 5pm UK time and is also available in certain countries on BT Sport ultimate. Fans with access to DAZN 1 Movistar and DAZN Gratis along with ESPN+ in the USA WatchESPN in Australia and Kayo Sports can also watch the game LIVE

Match Officials
Referee: Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: Adam Nunn
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Fourth Official: Andre Marriner

Peter Bankes spotted out marching to Wednesdays game

This is a repeat of the FA Cup Quarter Final game in 2019 where Manchester City scored the winning goal from an offside position, the referee that day ? Yes, you guessed it Andre Marriner. He made a variety of what can only be described as very questionable decisions in Manchester City’s favour that led to the winning goal and second goal. Incompetence is the best thing he can claim, even Guardiola said after the game ‘ yes, the goal was offside and it wasn’t a penalty but you need luck sometimes’ Very comforting.

Andre Marriner, won the last FA Cup game between the sides in 2019

Married Aston Villa supporting lunatic Andre Marriner has seen his fair share of controversy over the years, the fifty year old referee from Birmingham has never been that far away from either questionable decision making or complete and utter incompetence. Hopefully on Wednesday the nugget will stick to his role and prevent himself for trying the same stunt again. When I say stunt ...

In 2019 Marriner whose integrity is never in question, made numerous questionable decisions when he was pictured with a young Asian girl on his knee in Indonesia at a charity event. On the Thursday night of the week long trip Kevin Friend, Martin Atkinson, David Coote and Marriner posed for photos with six women at Brewski & Co bar in Batam’s Nagoya Entertainment District, infamous for its red light district. Marriner of course remains with his integrity intact. If you like.

Caught offside, Marriner the married man in a lingering hug for charity in the red light district, Indonesia

We will leave the sleazy side of refereeing for now, and hope 150k a year plus 2k a game match fees ( England only, international fees extra ) referee Andre Marriner keeps it in his trousers on Wednesday.

Man City hold the aces when it comes to previous performances between the sides. Leave aside the game we all know should have gone the way of Swansea and still Man City are clear favourites. We have to go back thirteen games for a swans win, that was 1-0 back in 2012, sub Luke Moore scoring the winner.

The teams that day were -

Swans: Vorm, Rangel, Caulker, Williams, Taylor, Routledge (Monk, 87), Britton, Allen, Sinclair, Sigurdsson, Graham (Moore, 79).

Man City: Hart, Richards, K. Toure, Savic, Clichy, De Jong (Johnson, 84), Barry (Aguero, 37), Nasri, Y. Toure, Silva (Dzeko, 87), Balotelli.

Gun toting, human firework and self obsessed idiot Balotelli blasted the ball away in frustration on several occasions during the game, Rodgers then swans manager called it a ‘Wonderful day’ for supporters of the club. The swans have earned several draws since then but no victories. We have to go back to 1984 for another swan win 4-1 at the vetch and then to April 1982 when 2-0 was the score line, a certain Garry Stanley scoring a much celebrated tap in from 41 yards.

Relive that game from 1982 here

Manchester City ‘The facts’
Man City, now have a womens team, they are called Woman City, this keeps them in tune morally and genderly with todays millennial chipmunks. Founded in 1880 as St. Mark's (West Gorton) which is a stupid name they changed it to Manchester City after that. When you think the club formed four years after the death of General, Colonel, Lieutenant Colonel George Armstrong Custer after being surrounded by Sue and her mates it makes you realise how old the club is. In 1956 they had a fisherman goalkeeper called Bert Trautmann, a Jerry, who has to put up with some tremendous abuse in professional football in the fifties.Whilst the people of Manchester were still putting their windows back in after years of trying to buy windows after the war ended, there was much hostility. However Bert won their hearts in the 1956 final which Man City won. During the game he broke his neck but continued playing. It was later revealed he also played with two broken legs, a broken wrist, multiple bum lacerations from the then spiked stud and a slight graze to his elbow. The latter was treated with beer, Trautmann refused all treatment and the next day ran home to his house in Berlin, which also had no windows. So, a lovely story there from history.

Bert holding his head on after the 1956 FA Cup final

As Manchester’s second team for most of their history stories like Bert’s are often repeated. There was nothing else to talk about for years. Up until 2008 Manchester City were rubbish, then a bloke from an urbanised hot place came along and bought several titles, cups and managers. That’s how football works. The fans of ‘Citeh’ have a song called Blue Moon, which isn’t their song. Brit band Blur are keen followers of ‘Citeh’ and their lead singer says ‘ Citeh’ very well. It has to be said many good things have come out of Manchester and stayed out of Manchester to their credit. Nothing else is known about Man City other than their manager Peppermint Pig can get very minty at times, that was pork I know.

Steve Cooper pre match, complete with stupid questions

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/268633/swansea-city-v-m

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54194/it%E2%80%99s-no-em

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:52 - Feb 10 with 1416 viewshobo

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:50 - Feb 10 by Polskijack

I thought he was ours, not a loan?

He's on loan. Both the Americans are

Edit, thought you were talking about Morris not Latibeaudiere
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 18:03]
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:52 - Feb 10 with 1416 viewsFlashberryjack

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:39 - Feb 10 by 34dfgdf54

Morris is a player

Had very little of the ball (which is only to be expected), but he does look a tidy player.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:59 - Feb 10 with 1367 viewsKeithHaynes

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:50 - Feb 10 by Polskijack

I thought he was ours, not a loan?

Lautibadiere yes, they gave the impression he was on loan. Obviously he is not.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:01 - Feb 10 with 1341 viewsKeithHaynes

That wasn’t coming.

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:01 - Feb 10 with 1341 viewsTreforys_Jack

FFS
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:02 - Feb 10 with 1335 viewsKeithHaynes

No fear now.

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:02 - Feb 10 with 1323 viewsonehunglow

Bit soft that really

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:03 - Feb 10 with 1308 views34dfgdf54

Guehi howler really
Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:03 - Feb 10 with 1301 viewsPolskijack

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:52 - Feb 10 by hobo

He's on loan. Both the Americans are

Edit, thought you were talking about Morris not Latibeaudiere
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 18:03]

He was talking about Latibodiere not the Americans.
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:11 - Feb 10 with 1223 viewsjackrabbit

I doubt we’ll have a worse goal scored against us this season - total cock-up.
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:18 - Feb 10 with 1181 viewshobo

Will take that at HT. Still in it. Let's get at them in the 2nd
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:20 - Feb 10 with 1150 viewsKeithHaynes

I can see this turning in our favour second half, but need to keep it 0-1.

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:20 - Feb 10 with 1136 viewstheloneranger

We've had 3 half tidy chances, Fulton, Guehi and Lowe.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:22 - Feb 10 with 1113 views34dfgdf54

I know we have hardly any of the ball but I’ve been happy with us.

Morris looks dangerous, fast strong and he can hold ball up. Latibeaudiere will be a very, very good player for us too.

Dhanda for me needs to do more, I know it’s Man City, I can put up with him losing ball etc but he’s not looking for it enough for me. Give him ten more and then bring ariolla on for him if he can’t get into it.
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:25 - Feb 10 with 1085 viewsFlashberryjack

Not happy with the soft goal, but I'm happy at the teams overall performance.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:27 - Feb 10 with 1060 viewsjasper_T

Think this approach is known as "losing with dignity".
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:28 - Feb 10 with 1054 viewsmax936

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:20 - Feb 10 by theloneranger

Unlucky on both headers, on another day and all that.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:29 - Feb 10 with 1034 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Bit unlucky to go in at HT a goal down really. Think Guehi and Woodman have to share the blame for the goal. Guehi is slow to react, and should get across to cover. Woodman has to read it better. If he goes down to his right and gets done to his left by the city player getting a touch, its Guehi's fault.
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:30 - Feb 10 with 1016 viewsraynor94

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:27 - Feb 10 by jasper_T

Think this approach is known as "losing with dignity".

Would you prefer the Liverpool approach?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:31 - Feb 10 with 1007 viewsCatullus

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:20 - Feb 10 by theloneranger

When we showed a bit more ambition we created chances. I don't like that we surrender so much territory so easily. Whne we push onto them sooner we look better, The soft goal came from being so deep and giving them so much space with it.

Morris looks dangerous but he needs to be more central, I'd put Lowe wide and let Morris use his pace for the through balls on goal, City look vulnerable to through balls.

Latibeadiere has played well and might have had a goal but Guehi got there just ahead of him. If Guehi had missed it I reckon Lati scores!

We knew city would dominate possession but they've created very little really and got the softest goal we'll give up this season...I hope. We can still get something here but we need to be brave.
Maybe Dhanda needs to come off and Hourihane on? Ayew for Lowe possibly at some point?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:32 - Feb 10 with 995 viewsmax936

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:51 - Feb 10 by Treforys_Jack

Why stop the fecking game.

Incredible in it, these clowns on BT Sport bleating on and on about Citeh and camera going on guardiola every chance they get, is cringeworthy, doing my chuff in, the soppy tits.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:35 - Feb 10 with 971 views34dfgdf54

Gives the boys a run now
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:36 - Feb 10 with 959 viewsKeithHaynes

Poor.

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:36 - Feb 10 with 955 viewsThornburyswan

Decent first half performance for me - Guehi, Lati, Grimes, Fulton & Morris all strong - but tough second half ahead (as I type Roberts has a rush of blood & gives Sterling way too much space!).

Very tough second half now - worth giving Arriola some time in the last 20.
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:36 - Feb 10 with 952 viewsjackrabbit

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 18:22 - Feb 10 by 34dfgdf54

I know we have hardly any of the ball but I’ve been happy with us.

Morris looks dangerous, fast strong and he can hold ball up. Latibeaudiere will be a very, very good player for us too.

Dhanda for me needs to do more, I know it’s Man City, I can put up with him losing ball etc but he’s not looking for it enough for me. Give him ten more and then bring ariolla on for him if he can’t get into it.

After this match is over I hope Cooper sits the whole squad down to watch the video. Man City don’t do anything fancy - they just pass and move. A player who doesn’t have the ball offers himself for the pass by moving into appropriate space. Our players can learn so much from them.
I don’t want to particularly pick on Dhanda, but there was a Swans move developing down the left that was getting cut off and needed Dhanda to make himself available in the middle by moving towards the passer. He just stayed where he was and the move broke down. That’s where we have to improve if we are to retain the ball better than we do.
Let’s have a go at them second half. We’ve shown we can get behind them and Morris has got good speed and movement.

...oh, bugger, our defence is having the night off ......2-0 down
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024