Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread AFTERMATH 03:13 - Feb 6 with 17065 viewsNotLoyal

UP FOR THE CUP

Wednesday 10th February 2021
FA CUP Fifth Round
Liberty Stadium
Kick Off 5.30pm

The game will be shown on BT Sport LIVE from 5pm UK time and is also available in certain countries on BT Sport ultimate. Fans with access to DAZN 1 Movistar and DAZN Gratis along with ESPN+ in the USA WatchESPN in Australia and Kayo Sports can also watch the game LIVE

Match Officials
Referee: Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: Adam Nunn
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Fourth Official: Andre Marriner

Peter Bankes spotted out marching to Wednesdays game

This is a repeat of the FA Cup Quarter Final game in 2019 where Manchester City scored the winning goal from an offside position, the referee that day ? Yes, you guessed it Andre Marriner. He made a variety of what can only be described as very questionable decisions in Manchester City’s favour that led to the winning goal and second goal. Incompetence is the best thing he can claim, even Guardiola said after the game ‘ yes, the goal was offside and it wasn’t a penalty but you need luck sometimes’ Very comforting.

Andre Marriner, won the last FA Cup game between the sides in 2019

Married Aston Villa supporting lunatic Andre Marriner has seen his fair share of controversy over the years, the fifty year old referee from Birmingham has never been that far away from either questionable decision making or complete and utter incompetence. Hopefully on Wednesday the nugget will stick to his role and prevent himself for trying the same stunt again. When I say stunt ...

In 2019 Marriner whose integrity is never in question, made numerous questionable decisions when he was pictured with a young Asian girl on his knee in Indonesia at a charity event. On the Thursday night of the week long trip Kevin Friend, Martin Atkinson, David Coote and Marriner posed for photos with six women at Brewski & Co bar in Batam’s Nagoya Entertainment District, infamous for its red light district. Marriner of course remains with his integrity intact. If you like.

Caught offside, Marriner the married man in a lingering hug for charity in the red light district, Indonesia

We will leave the sleazy side of refereeing for now, and hope 150k a year plus 2k a game match fees ( England only, international fees extra ) referee Andre Marriner keeps it in his trousers on Wednesday.

Man City hold the aces when it comes to previous performances between the sides. Leave aside the game we all know should have gone the way of Swansea and still Man City are clear favourites. We have to go back thirteen games for a swans win, that was 1-0 back in 2012, sub Luke Moore scoring the winner.

The teams that day were -

Swans: Vorm, Rangel, Caulker, Williams, Taylor, Routledge (Monk, 87), Britton, Allen, Sinclair, Sigurdsson, Graham (Moore, 79).

Man City: Hart, Richards, K. Toure, Savic, Clichy, De Jong (Johnson, 84), Barry (Aguero, 37), Nasri, Y. Toure, Silva (Dzeko, 87), Balotelli.

Gun toting, human firework and self obsessed idiot Balotelli blasted the ball away in frustration on several occasions during the game, Rodgers then swans manager called it a ‘Wonderful day’ for supporters of the club. The swans have earned several draws since then but no victories. We have to go back to 1984 for another swan win 4-1 at the vetch and then to April 1982 when 2-0 was the score line, a certain Garry Stanley scoring a much celebrated tap in from 41 yards.

Relive that game from 1982 here

Manchester City ‘The facts’
Man City, now have a womens team, they are called Woman City, this keeps them in tune morally and genderly with todays millennial chipmunks. Founded in 1880 as St. Mark's (West Gorton) which is a stupid name they changed it to Manchester City after that. When you think the club formed four years after the death of General, Colonel, Lieutenant Colonel George Armstrong Custer after being surrounded by Sue and her mates it makes you realise how old the club is. In 1956 they had a fisherman goalkeeper called Bert Trautmann, a Jerry, who has to put up with some tremendous abuse in professional football in the fifties.Whilst the people of Manchester were still putting their windows back in after years of trying to buy windows after the war ended, there was much hostility. However Bert won their hearts in the 1956 final which Man City won. During the game he broke his neck but continued playing. It was later revealed he also played with two broken legs, a broken wrist, multiple bum lacerations from the then spiked stud and a slight graze to his elbow. The latter was treated with beer, Trautmann refused all treatment and the next day ran home to his house in Berlin, which also had no windows. So, a lovely story there from history.

Bert holding his head on after the 1956 FA Cup final

As Manchester’s second team for most of their history stories like Bert’s are often repeated. There was nothing else to talk about for years. Up until 2008 Manchester City were rubbish, then a bloke from an urbanised hot place came along and bought several titles, cups and managers. That’s how football works. The fans of ‘Citeh’ have a song called Blue Moon, which isn’t their song. Brit band Blur are keen followers of ‘Citeh’ and their lead singer says ‘ Citeh’ very well. It has to be said many good things have come out of Manchester and stayed out of Manchester to their credit. Nothing else is known about Man City other than their manager Peppermint Pig can get very minty at times, that was pork I know.

Steve Cooper pre match, complete with stupid questions

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/268633/swansea-city-v-m

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54194/it%E2%80%99s-no-em

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TUESDAY UPDATE on 11:05 - Feb 10 with 1782 viewsCatullus

I can see and understand both sides of the argument but for me there's a very good reason to play a strong team, confidence. It could go badly but it's Man City and we're expected to get thrashed, but what if we give a good account of ourselves, what if we get a result?

What would a good result even a draw and lose in extra time or on penalties do for confidence?
Even a narrow loss in normal time but a good performance could boost self belief. That is what Cooper wants I think, he wants the teams winning mentlity to keep on going, he wants continuity and standards kept up. He doesn't want to disrupt the flow.

I think Coops will go full strength because he wants to try to win. If you're not trying to win, why bother showing up?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TUESDAY UPDATE on 11:08 - Feb 10 with 1776 viewsBenJ94

Is the game on the radio? Talksport/BBCWales?
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TUESDAY UPDATE on 12:22 - Feb 10 with 1712 viewsKeithHaynes

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TUESDAY UPDATE on 11:08 - Feb 10 by BenJ94

Most BT matches are on talk sport 2.
BBC RADIO 5 LIVE have full commentary.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TUESDAY UPDATE on 13:44 - Feb 10 with 1645 viewsCatullus

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TUESDAY UPDATE on 11:08 - Feb 10 by BenJ94

I think there's live coverage on Radio Wales and the BBC sports website.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TUESDAY UPDATE on 14:33 - Feb 10 with 1603 viewsnantywatcher

Not cheap (£25) but I've added BT Sport to my SKY platform for one month.
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TUESDAY UPDATE on 15:13 - Feb 10 with 1565 viewsswancity

For anyone with EE Mobile you can add BT Sport free of charge for 3 months and then only £15 monthly for 10 months But no guarantee it’ll be sorted by tonight it seems ..

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TUESDAY UPDATE on 15:19 - Feb 10 with 1562 viewsLittleEnglandJack

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TUESDAY UPDATE on 11:05 - Feb 10 by Catullus

I can see and understand both sides of the argument but for me there's a very good reason to play a strong team, confidence. It could go badly but it's Man City and we're expected to get thrashed, but what if we give a good account of ourselves, what if we get a result?

What would a good result even a draw and lose in extra time or on penalties do for confidence?
Even a narrow loss in normal time but a good performance could boost self belief. That is what Cooper wants I think, he wants the teams winning mentlity to keep on going, he wants continuity and standards kept up. He doesn't want to disrupt the flow.

I think Coops will go full strength because he wants to try to win. If you're not trying to win, why bother showing up?

Said it earlier in the thread and will say it again- I think the remainder of our season will be better served by giving this game a good go for much the same reasons you've outlined. I expect a few changes but would like to see a strong side put out, which I think Cooper will.

I might understand the 'rest players' argument if either a) I thought several of our key players needed a rest or b) we were playing direct competitors in our next couple of games- but we're not, its Wednesday and Forest. If we're serious about promotion we need to be seeing those 2 teams off regardless of the context.

I have no real interest in the cup either and fully expect us to not progress into the next round when all is said and done, but why not go out and give ourselves every chance? Why risk a hammering by playing the 2nd string when we coud give them a game? Of course, we run the risk of a hammering either way, but does anybody really expect one with a strong team out? We're unbeaten in 2021, with the best defence in the EFL.

Heart says we'll win 2-1 but head says we'll make a good fist of it and succumb to a respectable 2-0 loss.
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TUESDAY UPDATE on 15:51 - Feb 10 with 1517 viewsWhiterockin

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TUESDAY UPDATE on 15:19 - Feb 10 by LittleEnglandJack

Said it earlier in the thread and will say it again- I think the remainder of our season will be better served by giving this game a good go for much the same reasons you've outlined. I expect a few changes but would like to see a strong side put out, which I think Cooper will.

I might understand the 'rest players' argument if either a) I thought several of our key players needed a rest or b) we were playing direct competitors in our next couple of games- but we're not, its Wednesday and Forest. If we're serious about promotion we need to be seeing those 2 teams off regardless of the context.

I have no real interest in the cup either and fully expect us to not progress into the next round when all is said and done, but why not go out and give ourselves every chance? Why risk a hammering by playing the 2nd string when we coud give them a game? Of course, we run the risk of a hammering either way, but does anybody really expect one with a strong team out? We're unbeaten in 2021, with the best defence in the EFL.

Heart says we'll win 2-1 but head says we'll make a good fist of it and succumb to a respectable 2-0 loss.

"We're unbeaten in 2021, with the best defence in the EFL."

This is true but we have not been playing the Team that are 5 points clear at the top of the Premier League with a goal difference of plus 29. At least double every other team except Manchester United.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TUESDAY UPDATE on 16:14 - Feb 10 with 1486 viewsLittleEnglandJack

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TUESDAY UPDATE on 15:51 - Feb 10 by Whiterockin

"We're unbeaten in 2021, with the best defence in the EFL."

This is true but we have not been playing the Team that are 5 points clear at the top of the Premier League with a goal difference of plus 29. At least double every other team except Manchester United.

Which is why on balance I expect us to lose by a couple of goals. Got to remember too that Citeh will be making 5/6 changes- we're not going to be up against the same side that saw off Liverpool at the weekend.

Citeh were well into their current winning streak when their 2nd string struggled to see off Cheltenham, who, with all due respect to Cheltenham, are nowhere near our level defensively...

A different game tonight of course and they might give us a hiding, but I honestly think given the circumstances that we'll avoid one.
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 16:30 - Feb 10 with 1456 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Joel Latibeaudiere, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Yan Dhanda; Jamal Lowe, Jordan Morris.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Ryan Bennett, Andre Ayew, Conor Hourihane, Morgan Whittaker, Paul Arriola, Jake Bidwell, Kyle Naughton, Kieron Freeman.

Manchester City: Zack Steffen, Eric Garcia, Ilkay Gundogan, Gabriel Jesus, Aymeric Laporte, Benjamin Mendy, Rodri, Bernardo Silva, Raheem Sterling (captain), Ferran Torres, Kyle Walker.

Substitutes: Ederson, Adrian Bernabe, Joao Cancelo, Tommy Doyle, Phil Foden, Claudio Gomes, Riyad Mahrez, John Stones, Oleksandr Zinchenko.

Referee: Peter Bankes

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 16:41 - Feb 10 with 1389 viewsTenbySwan

I really cannot see the point of playing some first team players and not others.
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 16:54 - Feb 10 with 1320 viewsjasper_T

Surprised Ayew's not starting. Other changes make sense, Bennett's injury prone so needs protecting. Manning deserves games. Strong with some rotation is what I expected.
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 16:55 - Feb 10 with 1313 viewstheloneranger

Very strong team put out tonight by Pep, he's definitely taking us seriously.

They can all trouble us, but the one who really worrys me is İlkay Gündoğan - he's in the form of his life.

If we win brilliant. If we lose, unlucky - I'll still go to bed and dream about getting my season ticket for the Premier League next season. 😇

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 16:58 - Feb 10 with 1303 viewsLittleEnglandJack

The City line-up says a lot I think about how highly Pep must rate us, especially defensively. Rotates the keeper and the entire back 4 whilst leaving an unchanged midfield and 2 changes to the front three, both of whom have been involved fairly often so far this season.

Some City fans on twitter surprised how strong a team they've put out, but plenty calling for an even stronger team because they're genuinely worried about us.

Nice to see some respect shown to us by both opposition fans and management, Brentford fans could learn a thing or two...
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:01 - Feb 10 with 1292 viewsKeithHaynes

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 16:58 - Feb 10 by LittleEnglandJack

The City line-up says a lot I think about how highly Pep must rate us, especially defensively. Rotates the keeper and the entire back 4 whilst leaving an unchanged midfield and 2 changes to the front three, both of whom have been involved fairly often so far this season.

Some City fans on twitter surprised how strong a team they've put out, but plenty calling for an even stronger team because they're genuinely worried about us.

Nice to see some respect shown to us by both opposition fans and management, Brentford fans could learn a thing or two...

They are terrified as we speak, later, they may well do enough but it’s going to be tough.

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:10 - Feb 10 with 1245 viewsSkipTheJack

I was hoping they'd rest a few more than that. It's going to be a tough evening. Their defence looks their weakest area, if we can get enough possession to put any pressure on them. Their midfield is probably going to run rings around us though.
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:19 - Feb 10 with 1209 viewsKeithHaynes

Why oh why don’t BT Sport do their homework.
Joel Latibeaudiere on loan ?

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:24 - Feb 10 with 1180 viewsnantywatcher

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:19 - Feb 10 by KeithHaynes

Why oh why don’t BT Sport do their homework.
Joel Latibeaudiere on loan ?

Jolien Lescott super positive about Latibeadiere. Rates him very highly.
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:28 - Feb 10 with 1157 viewsKeithHaynes

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:24 - Feb 10 by nantywatcher

Jolien Lescott super positive about Latibeadiere. Rates him very highly.

So he should, be terrible If he gets recalled 😉

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:39 - Feb 10 with 1107 views34dfgdf54

Morris is a player
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:49 - Feb 10 with 1057 viewsThornburyswan

Morris decent start but think we need another ball on if we are going to see much of one!
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:50 - Feb 10 with 1057 viewsPolskijack

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:28 - Feb 10 by KeithHaynes

So he should, be terrible If he gets recalled 😉

I thought he was ours, not a loan?
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:50 - Feb 10 with 1055 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m not sure this tactic is a good idea.

FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:51 - Feb 10 with 1049 viewshobo

Ref, you can't just stop the play because someone has slipped
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread TEAMS on 17:51 - Feb 10 with 1042 viewsTreforys_Jack

Why stop the fecking game.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024