Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
40 Years Ago 10:23 - Feb 18 with 465 viewsSaintNick

40 years ago yesterday we lost 1-0 in the FA Cup at Everton, so the teenage me would have been half asleep at work after getting home at about 6am after driving back and dropping people off.

Back then there was no motorway and dual carriageway from here to Newbury, once you had got past the Hockley Lights it was single lane traffic all the way to Newbury, you had to drive through the town itself and out to the M4 where it was then dual carriageway to Oxford followed by more single lane roads right up to the M6 at Birmingham

These days you can do Liverpool in 4 hours without much traffic, back then it could be nearer 5 1/2

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

40 Years Ago on 15:52 - Feb 19 with 307 viewsdarthvader

Sod that . Funny i was talking about those blooming traffic lights the other day as we passed through the cutting of the M3.

Can you imagine what it would be like nowadays ? It would be backed up for 20miles in each direction .

I cant remember the match you are refering to as my away days started in 1983/84 . And pretty much what i lived for from then . I had the saints bug bad

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024