Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moyes 13:47 - Feb 21 with 818 viewsBicester_North

He’s been looked upon as a bit of a crap manager for the last few years but got a realistic chance of a top 4 finish with West Ham

Some of their fans thought they’d be in a relegation battle this season. Can see a few of their best players getting picked off by the top clubs in summer though

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Moyes on 14:51 - Feb 21 with 778 viewsdirk_doone

He is more highly respected by other managers than he is by fans. I read a great anecdote by Paul Jewell about Moyes advising him not to take the Derby job:

"In November, I went to meet them and, on the way, David Moyes rang me. "He said 'Are you going to Derby? ' I told him I was on my way to talk to them and he went: 'If I were you, I wouldn't. We played them a couple of weeks ago - they won't win another game this season." He was right.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Moyes on 15:32 - Feb 21 with 731 viewsTripleNiemi

Pretty much how the league works nowadays; the odd club is relegation fodder one year and then has a decent season a year or two later. I think thats why we came out with the.....'when the top clubs have an off season we want to be there to try and nick a Euro place'......

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Moyes on 20:04 - Feb 21 with 609 viewsdirk_doone

Moyes on 15:32 - Feb 21 by TripleNiemi

Pretty much how the league works nowadays; the odd club is relegation fodder one year and then has a decent season a year or two later. I think thats why we came out with the.....'when the top clubs have an off season we want to be there to try and nick a Euro place'......

There is a misconception that the top clubs are fixed and other clubs can't hope to compete with them. But, the truth is that while Manchester United and Liverpool have been our equivalent of Real Madrid and Barcelona in recent decades, the other top clubs are constantly changing. They always have done and they always will. Usually, all it takes is a very wealthy owner to turn almost any club into a top club, as we've seen happen at Manchester City and Leicester in recent years. We've just never had such a wealthy owner splashing the cash here.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 20:05]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Moyes on 07:48 - Feb 22 with 479 viewsButty101

Moyes on 15:32 - Feb 21 by TripleNiemi

This is the season for the top clubs to have that off season. Which makes our poor Of 8points from the last12 games more frustrating. Had we taken 18points we would still be on the cusp of it rather than looking over our shoulder.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Moyes on 10:12 - Feb 22 with 405 viewsSadoldgit

As a self proclaimed “winner” he hasnt actually won anything yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024