Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
a thought 17:38 - Feb 24 with 428 viewssaint22

Is Mike Dean liked by his colleagues?
If so I wonder whether our complaints are having a subconscious effect on his friends decision making now when it comes to us?
a thought on 18:00 - Feb 24 with 405 viewsA1079

I don't think the complaints went down well or did us any favours (though I do think it had got to a point where we had to say something) and I suspect that there is some rallying round of the wagons by the referee group.

The thing is, when it happens to a big club - Man C, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal etc, they don't actually have to complain because the media onslaught will do it for them. Can you have imagined the noise from the likes of MOTD, 5 Live, Sky, BT Sports etc had those decisions we had against us when we played Villa, Man U and Wolves had happened to them. It would have been deafening. The managers of those clubs would not have needed to have complained because the media support that they gain would have done it for them. Dean and the authorities managed to turn the emphasis away from the injustices of the decisions against us, to making it look like Southampton FC by their actions have created a baying public against the officials.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024