Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. 13:48 - Apr 4 with 6190 viewsReslovenSwan1

I recall Easter 2010 under Paulo Sousa playing Trundle and Shefki Kuqi beating Barnsley 3-1 and the play off dream was on. It seems to me Swansea are in the exact same position (albeit in a better league position) as the club were when Paulo Sousa was in charge with tight purse strings

Reading between the lines the club did not like Sousa because of his unreasonable financial demands, (perhaps), and the rather turgid football style. Sousa took the club to the fringes of the playoffs with a relatively weak squad. He gave debuts to Keri Morgan and Jaz Richards as the acadmey was not as good as today's.

Cooper may be percieved in a similar way. This is based on the assumption that Cooper will not be able to raise the performance levels of his troops and will fail (based on current performances) to muster a credible promotion drive.

Sousa walked for whatever reason and the club got a compensation fee from Liecester. I presume the club declined Sousa's request for a bumper new deal based on his achievements. The club if is falls away this season will probably decline Coopers "bumper new deal".

My solution for this is to retrace what went right in 2010 and have a zoom call with Huw Jenkins's consultancy (in confidence ) to find and appoint the new manager. Brendan was a failed manager at Reading at the time. I would keep this confidential so as to not upset the activists and rabble rousers and fan forum cyber magnets.

[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 14:05]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 22:37 - Apr 11 with 752 viewsjack_lord

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 22:15 - Apr 11 by NotLoyal

Jenkins resigned because of the Dan James deal it was a bit like him leaving us a legacy and he did. I think he probably made us around about 8 or 9 million. Not sure Jenkins should be as demonized as he is, there are other things he did which made us not too bad. I think we all would make a number of mistakes if we ran the club with our heart instead of our head, and of course there was his ego.

He did screw over the trust though.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 06:51 - Apr 12 with 722 viewsChief

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 22:07 - Apr 11 by ReslovenSwan1

I do not believe the Trust were treated deplorably. They were perfectly happy doing whatever they do with a 21% holding. A buyer showed up in 2015 and they were chased away with the Trust saying their shares "were not for sale".

I do not even think they wanted to sell any of their shares when they met the US peole in March 2016. They had 4 months to be invloved if that was their wish.

Their own consitutional issues are their concern and no concern for the other shareholders as far as I can see. The US buyers went out of their way and gave the Trust time to arrange their ducks and get a mandate. From what i have read a good deal was offered at the same rate they did not accept in good time.

Yes because after the trust spoke to them they thought they didn't have the club's best interests at heart. So that's a good thing. To just assume that they'd never again under any circumstances want to sell in future is just silly as i keep repeating, if they were all so sure, why didn't they include the trust fron the start. Simple.

They supposedly had 4 months to be involved only if the Americans were prepared to give them a fair and comparable bid for their shares. Which we don't know what happened.

You're last paragraph is the complete opposite of the reality. If the trust had been involved from the very start then they could have 'arranged their ducks'. We know for a fact that the Americans and the sellouts colluded to keep the trust in the dark for as long as they could - the Americans are on film admitting it.

The sellers it appears broke the shareholders agreement by not offering the trust to buy their shares and therefore informing them at an early stage that a sale was about to take place.

These are people they'd worked harmoniously alongside for over 15 years. Deplorable is a perfectly apt description of how they acted. For any balanced individual this is patently clear.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 7:10]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 14:32 - Apr 12 with 697 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 06:51 - Apr 12 by Chief

Yes because after the trust spoke to them they thought they didn't have the club's best interests at heart. So that's a good thing. To just assume that they'd never again under any circumstances want to sell in future is just silly as i keep repeating, if they were all so sure, why didn't they include the trust fron the start. Simple.

They supposedly had 4 months to be involved only if the Americans were prepared to give them a fair and comparable bid for their shares. Which we don't know what happened.

You're last paragraph is the complete opposite of the reality. If the trust had been involved from the very start then they could have 'arranged their ducks'. We know for a fact that the Americans and the sellouts colluded to keep the trust in the dark for as long as they could - the Americans are on film admitting it.

The sellers it appears broke the shareholders agreement by not offering the trust to buy their shares and therefore informing them at an early stage that a sale was about to take place.

These are people they'd worked harmoniously alongside for over 15 years. Deplorable is a perfectly apt description of how they acted. For any balanced individual this is patently clear.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 7:10]

The Trust representative actually did say "We will never sell our shares" according to press reports.

He based this statement I presume on the Trust's mission statement which requires them to "increase they holding in the club".

The US buyer would have been advised of their position in early discussions I would imagine.

According to statements, in the four months discussions before the sale the issue of the Trust aquiring shares was discussed. The Trust offer in no way matched what the US people were prepared to pay. Their offer was to take 4% shares as a goodwill offer. This was rejected apparently.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 14:33]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 15:03 - Apr 12 with 691 viewsChief

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 14:32 - Apr 12 by ReslovenSwan1

The Trust representative actually did say "We will never sell our shares" according to press reports.

He based this statement I presume on the Trust's mission statement which requires them to "increase they holding in the club".

The US buyer would have been advised of their position in early discussions I would imagine.

According to statements, in the four months discussions before the sale the issue of the Trust aquiring shares was discussed. The Trust offer in no way matched what the US people were prepared to pay. Their offer was to take 4% shares as a goodwill offer. This was rejected apparently.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 14:33]

- Again, you should never assume, and if they were such savvy businessmen they shouldn't have left it to chance. Circumstances can always alter strategy. I believe the trust representative even came here to state that they never actually said under no circumstances would they sell anyway.
- Indeed the trust's ultimate aim should always to be to reach at least 25%.
- The US buyers may well have been advised by the sellouts that the trust wouldn't want to sell. But it wasn't their responsibility to decide nor assume that. And that shouldn't have resulted in a coordinated plan to hide all developments from the trust. There'd be no reason to if they were that certain.
- Note also that the sellouts failed to inform the American buyers of the existence of a shareholders agreement so i wouldn't read too much into the accuracy of what information they provided the Americans with! The Americans have probably regretted listening so much to them since they bought in.
- Yes I'm sure it was rejected, but that was the trust approaching the sellouts, not the other way around as the shareholders agreement stipulated. So your 4 months window point is completely irrelevant anyway.

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 18:34 - Apr 24 with 631 viewsshingle

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 14:18 - Apr 9 by Chief

No, you don't answer the questions which do not suit your viewpoint either by refusing too like this latest response or going on some rant about your feelings about the trust as a whole instead.

You really need to get a life pal.
Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 19:23 - Apr 24 with 617 viewsChief

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 18:34 - Apr 24 by shingle

You really need to get a life pal.

I appreciate you trawling through posts over a fortnight old on threads buried on the board to tell me that mate.

Haha woops. Made yourself look a bit silly here haven't you!!??

[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 19:24]

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 19:39 - Apr 24 with 574 viewsonehunglow

People trawl threads for years back to prove a point of theirs.

Nuts

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 19:08 - Apr 25 with 560 viewsshingle

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 19:23 - Apr 24 by Chief

I appreciate you trawling through posts over a fortnight old on threads buried on the board to tell me that mate.

Haha woops. Made yourself look a bit silly here haven't you!!??

[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 19:24]

As i say you need to get a life pal.
Login to get fewer ads

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 20:10 - Apr 25 with 538 viewsChief

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 19:08 - Apr 25 by shingle

As i say you need to get a life pal.

Yea i should trawl through old threads flagging up innocuous old posts people have made on a Saturday night, for no apparent reason on a like presumably cool people do
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 20:11]

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 20:27 - Apr 25 with 532 viewsjackrabbit

“ Whatever the failings of HJ picking managers was second to none. He would be my first port of call for managers.”

Agreed - 100%.
Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 18:26 - Apr 26 with 502 viewsshingle

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 20:10 - Apr 25 by Chief

Yea i should trawl through old threads flagging up innocuous old posts people have made on a Saturday night, for no apparent reason on a like presumably cool people do
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 20:11]

You really need to get a life pal. you are even laughing at your own posts now.
Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 19:15 - Apr 26 with 490 viewsChief

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 18:26 - Apr 26 by shingle

You really need to get a life pal. you are even laughing at your own posts now.

Ha ha I'm laughing at you.

While there's people around that'll search out old posts on old threads on a message board randomly on a Friday night.....

In relative terms i wouldn't have thought I'd be the one needing to get a life having not sunk to those depths....

You are my canary down the mine
[Post edited 26 Apr 2021 19:16]

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 18:59 - Apr 27 with 459 viewsshingle

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 19:15 - Apr 26 by Chief

Ha ha I'm laughing at you.

While there's people around that'll search out old posts on old threads on a message board randomly on a Friday night.....

In relative terms i wouldn't have thought I'd be the one needing to get a life having not sunk to those depths....

You are my canary down the mine
[Post edited 26 Apr 2021 19:16]

One wonders why you have spent every day on here for the last five years, one wonders why you have to constantly explain yourself to numerous posters once they have owned you which happens quite often, and now i have appeared out of the woodwork, your not enjoying this are you, i am though
Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 20:22 - Apr 27 with 447 viewsChief

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 18:59 - Apr 27 by shingle

One wonders why you have spent every day on here for the last five years, one wonders why you have to constantly explain yourself to numerous posters once they have owned you which happens quite often, and now i have appeared out of the woodwork, your not enjoying this are you, i am though

I am very much enjoying the fact that you seem to care so much to even research my forum usage and what exchanges I've had with other posters. As well of course spending your weekend evenings reading my posts!

It is rather perverse but it does tickle me. Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see what random old post of mine you decide to flag up this weekend

[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 20:24]

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 20:46 - Apr 27 with 421 viewsonehunglow

People research others posting records?
Ive heard of a few doing that but that is down to the perverse nature of the individual.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 06:37 - Apr 28 with 421 viewsshingle

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 20:22 - Apr 27 by Chief

I am very much enjoying the fact that you seem to care so much to even research my forum usage and what exchanges I've had with other posters. As well of course spending your weekend evenings reading my posts!

It is rather perverse but it does tickle me. Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see what random old post of mine you decide to flag up this weekend

[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 20:24]

You are a middle aged man who has spent years on a forum trying desperately for what ever reasons trying to impress his points on others, but when your owned by others tries even more to desperately again impress his points, sadly for you your reputation as a series poster has been ruined in two threads by a much younger wind up merchant your emojis alone at the end of every comment you make shows the turmoil this is causing you.
Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 08:00 - Apr 28 with 418 viewsChief

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 06:37 - Apr 28 by shingle

You are a middle aged man who has spent years on a forum trying desperately for what ever reasons trying to impress his points on others, but when your owned by others tries even more to desperately again impress his points, sadly for you your reputation as a series poster has been ruined in two threads by a much younger wind up merchant your emojis alone at the end of every comment you make shows the turmoil this is causing you.

Haha well i can assure you are false on a number of your points there.....

Maybe you are mixing me up with someone else??

But out of interest, why do you care so much about what i post then!!? To the point that you go looking for old posts of mine to comment on, on Friday nights nonetheless. Now it seems you're looking back at other threads I've commented on too. Are you one of the WUMs you refer to? Would make sense actually! This thread and that Giggs one where you're insane logic was exposed. Are they the fabled 2 threads?

Those to me seem the actions of someone in turmoil actually. I'm starting to feel a bit guilty of enjoying these exchanges to be honest. Because you have to admit surely that you're behaviour is slightly bizarre isn't it?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 8:04]

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 12:48 - Apr 28 with 404 viewsshingle

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 08:00 - Apr 28 by Chief

Haha well i can assure you are false on a number of your points there.....

Maybe you are mixing me up with someone else??

But out of interest, why do you care so much about what i post then!!? To the point that you go looking for old posts of mine to comment on, on Friday nights nonetheless. Now it seems you're looking back at other threads I've commented on too. Are you one of the WUMs you refer to? Would make sense actually! This thread and that Giggs one where you're insane logic was exposed. Are they the fabled 2 threads?

Those to me seem the actions of someone in turmoil actually. I'm starting to feel a bit guilty of enjoying these exchanges to be honest. Because you have to admit surely that you're behaviour is slightly bizarre isn't it?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 8:04]

You have just been owned again, you really do not need to go in to such detail to try and explain things, however it is good to see you have stopped laughing at yourself so that`s a plus i suppose.
Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 13:12 - Apr 28 with 396 viewsChief

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 12:48 - Apr 28 by shingle

You have just been owned again, you really do not need to go in to such detail to try and explain things, however it is good to see you have stopped laughing at yourself so that`s a plus i suppose.

Not sure how you could say I've been 'owned' when there's literally no point you're making. There is no topic being discussed. Unless its me 'getting a life', but your hypocrisy on that subject is extremely clear.

You just randomly decided to engage. Not entirely sure why...

I shall stop replying now, you're obviously having some issues, so best you deal with them away from a football forum, i don't want to be seen to be compounding your problems.

But good luck.

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 13:25 - Apr 28 with 390 viewsshingle

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 13:12 - Apr 28 by Chief

Not sure how you could say I've been 'owned' when there's literally no point you're making. There is no topic being discussed. Unless its me 'getting a life', but your hypocrisy on that subject is extremely clear.

You just randomly decided to engage. Not entirely sure why...

I shall stop replying now, you're obviously having some issues, so best you deal with them away from a football forum, i don't want to be seen to be compounding your problems.

But good luck.

You have just been owned yet again, when will you ever learn you silly bloke.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024