Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JWP and England 13:51 - Apr 5 with 546 viewsA1079

JWP has in the main been immense for Saints this season (though I suspect I_Would will strongly disagree) and I think I am right in saying he has not missed a match.

I did not expect him to be available yesterday given his unavailability for England on Tuesday and coming home, but I think this is now twice in the last 12 months where JWP has dropped out of an England game supposedly due to a minor injury only to be available to play for the next league game shortly afterwards.

JWP showed promise in the 2 England games he played and arguably was one of the better players but I suspect his flakiness in respect of being available and wanting to play for England when it matters is likely to have ruled him out of contention for a tournament place.

I have always been somewhat cynical and disparaging of England players that seem to have injuries for certain internationals only to be available for their club either side of them and then available for the tournaments.

Ralph seemed to indicate that JWP had placed priority over club rather than country by deciding to come home.

There is no doubting JWP commitment to the club and Saints and his being available yesterday undoubtedly helped us but do people think that his injuries for England have been convenient rather than real or is it possible that he had been given the indication that he was unlikely to be picked for Poland and he thought he may as well come home then? I must admit, the media played little attention to his contribution in the 2 games he did play and they still went on about when Henderson returns as if it is a given, even though for the life of me I cannot make out why!
JWP and England on 14:45 - Apr 5 with 488 viewsdirk_doone

He'll continue to be a regular in the England squads.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

JWP and England on 15:11 - Apr 5 with 455 viewsBazza

JWP and England on 14:45 - Apr 5 by dirk_doone

He'll continue to be a regular in the England squads.

Maybe he knew that he wasn't in line to be picked so he decided he'd prefer to go back to the club for 'treatment'?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024