Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 16:49 - Apr 14 with 16322 viewsNotLoyal

All of a sudden positivity returns, the impossible may well be possible and Steve Cooper continues to defy the odds. Sadly Phil didn’t.

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers
EFL Championship
Saturday April 17th 2021
Kick off 12.30pm
Liberty Stadium

Match Officials
KEITH from STROUD
Jonathan Hunt and Sam Lewis
Fourth Official: Joshua Smith

The last time we saw Keith from Stroud at the Liberty was for the 3-1 defeat to Bristol City where the swans committed more individual errors than in any game this season.

Is it on the TV ?
Only via Swans TV and whatever Wycombe and their three fans watch games on.

Wycombe manager
Gareth Ainsworth, loves hair and likes to be different.

The stats for prats
Swans record v Wycombe
Games won: 7
Games drawn: 2
Games lost: 6

Last game was at the Adams family park where the attendance looked like the Covid lockdown had been stopped. It was a 2-0 win for the swans but shoulda been a lot more.

Big day for Phil
Unfortunately for followers of royalty and similar things HRH Phil will be planted on this day, hence the earlier kick off time. Phil wasn't the most popular chap in the royal family, he had slightly old fashioned ideas, luckily he never once switched to a 422, and always played with three up front. We hope he has a fairly trouble free journey.

Phil, we are not sure if he is alive or dead here, but it’s D day Saturday

Timmy Mallet that well known kids presenter from generations gone by visited the Adams family stadium this week. He’s mad is Timmy, look at him being whacky, you don’t have to be mad to work here, but it helps.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Connor Roberts, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Korey Smith, Wayne Routledge, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Jake Bidwell, Ben Cabango.

Wycombe Wanderers: David Stockdale, Jack Grimmer, Joe Jacobson (captain), Anthony Stewart, Uche Ikpeazu, Curtis Thompson, Fred Onyedinma, Dennis Adeniran, Jason McCarthy, Admiral Muskwe, Garath McCleary.

Substitutes: Ryan Allsop, Giles Phillips, Adebayo Akinfenwa, Alex Samuel, Jordan Obita, David Wheeler, Daryl Horgan, Anis Mehmeti, Matthew Bloomfield.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54814/the-banana-skin-ar

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:07 - Apr 18 with 876 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 10:46 - Apr 18 by Dr_Parnassus

I am afraid your relentless verbiage has no affect on me, I see right through it.

Your thoughts are too short term, you view things in 20 minute sections, its lunacy. As I taught you last week, every single game is going to be different regardless of mythical approach. Each one has different challenges.

When we win you say Cooper listened elsewhere, when we lose then it's all his fault because he changed approach. As I said, you are going to be exhausted come the end of the season, forum fatigue with all these changes of approach to berate.

Who is we? I absolutely would not have wanted Whittaker, Routledge, Cullen, Lowe, Dhanda all on from the start.

People will stick up for Cooper because it is clear in certain sections he cannot win, he is doomed with them whatever he does. He has got us to 3rd and those that have backed him have been proven correct to do so.

You won't admit it due to whatever various vendettas (I can't keep up) you have going on, but the fact we are still within a realistic shout of autos with 4 games left is a stunning achievement and that is a direct reflection on the players and management team. It's that simple.

Try me then Doc,wherever you're living.Brisbane ,Brynamman or Birkenhead .

I see it like this.

We were in a great position to secure automatic promotion. We were playing a string of teams minus a manager or in a shocking run of form. We lost to them .The selection Cooper made and his sub-or lack of them- were directly responsible.

Wycombe are bottom and detached for a reason. They are the worst team in the league.

Yesterday ,that didnt look the case. Why was that,against another lowly team. We have lost-and Im not a 9miles high acolyte stat fan-15 points where we really should have put away the opposition. Our players are better than those teams . Cooper is defined by those performances like it or not. He takes the can.

Routledge had two decent games and the praise for him again ludicrously OTT. It shows to me our fans are nowhere near as smart a they like. We saw yesterday how really ineffective he really is most of the time. When Whiitaker and Cullen came on tings changed .Why? Young blood with fire in the belly.

Contrast this with

Naughton. Just how is he praised by anyone.For calm read slow.
Grimes,the most overated of all really.No tackler,passer, and no real shot on target then factor in an utter lack of inspiration and captaincy. Yet,Matty is loved to bits,when he really lows down everything we do.
Hoolie,Just really what he he doing wearing the shirt.Another lacking simple courage but hoping for a hollywood goal. The last to have in the trenches. An appalling waste of a loan.

Our last window is down to Steve;another poor show. Why Hamer,why Freeman,just why? Why Whittaker.The future is here right now and this lad has something about him -given the chance. He isn't.

Fulton taken off yesterday. The only player with some grit we have when facing a physical team,like Wycombe. On comes Dhanda,another waif.

Cooper's man management is appalling.His tactics so open for all to see, his inspirational qualities zero.

On the positive side ,Cullen looks ready for lift off.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:11 - Apr 18 with 868 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:04 - Apr 18 by 9MilesHigh

Unfortunately, a whole lot of noise with zero substance

If the approach was so typical of any Cooper game from before why did he have to rip it up completely after half time and when we were 2 goals down?

Does anyone remember having to do that in the 2 previous games?

And who would want all those attacking players on in one go.... This guy is punching in the dark now

But how about a more attacking flavour?

Especially when you bear in mind the XI he picked were pretty much the same XI that had become so ineffective as an attacking unit in the weeks before, except his big plan was to play Roberts further forward.

What's that people say about seeing them in training??

Or more accurately, a post you don't like because it goes with your latest narrative.

We didn't rip any approach up, what are you talking about? We found ourselves 2 nil down and went more attacking. It was no longer fit for purpose given the game situation, as I said games pose different challenges meaning we have to react differently to those.

Which is why this ''approach'' nonsense will never gain any traction with me.

As for those attacking players on at once. You said, and I quote...

''And not after 53 minutes when Cooper was forced into panic mode chucking on more attacking players.

That's what we wanted in the first place FFS.''

But I am glad you agree that is nonsense and would have made no sense to do that from the start and you have now changed that to having a more attacking flavor. Whatever that means.

Sorry, this is yet another subject you won't be convincing me on. Largely because its nonsense.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:23 - Apr 18 with 852 views9MilesHigh

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:11 - Apr 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Or more accurately, a post you don't like because it goes with your latest narrative.

We didn't rip any approach up, what are you talking about? We found ourselves 2 nil down and went more attacking. It was no longer fit for purpose given the game situation, as I said games pose different challenges meaning we have to react differently to those.

''And not after 53 minutes when Cooper was forced into panic mode chucking on more attacking players.

But I am glad you agree that is nonsense and would have made no sense to do that from the start and you have now changed that to having a more attacking flavor. Whatever that means.

Sorry, this is yet another subject you won't be convincing me on. Largely because its nonsense.

More attacking players, yes. Surely that's not difficult to grasp even for this guy is it? Nobody would ever read that and think we should play 5 CF's and wingers in the same game but this is what this forum is up against and it's not easy to bring out a blackboard and chalk unfortunately.

Let me reiterate for the illiterate....

The points were lost in the team selection as this meant our attacking threat of the previous 2 games was compromised. Our balance was all over the shop and we lost control of the game in the first half

It was only when Cooper FINALLY did something about it that we improved the stats he talks about and got back into the game.

It would take an absolute moron to think we'd have the same stats had we continued with the approach and gameplan Cooper set us up with in the first half

That's where we lost the points, it's not rocket science. Have a look at the stats from 20 to 49.

Open thine eyes as there are none so blind as those that will not see.

Lesson over.
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:29 - Apr 18 with 836 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:11 - Apr 18 by Dr_Parnassus

No,it is nonsense to you as you dont agree. That simple.

Cooper was desperate and probably simply picked subs blindly with no clue a to how to get control of a game controlled by wycombe farking wanderers., I 'll repeat that WYCOMBE WANDERERS. In fact they had chance in our first encounter with them.

The players are those that are getting cooper out of jail and keeping his stock high. He has had luck and it shows now we cant rely on that.

I dont agree with Chris nor you so there ya go. Great innit to be alive and chew the cud like this.

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:32 - Apr 18 with 837 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:23 - Apr 18 by 9MilesHigh

More attacking players, yes. Surely that's not difficult to grasp even for this guy is it? Nobody would ever read that and think we should play 5 CF's and wingers in the same game but this is what this forum is up against and it's not easy to bring out a blackboard and chalk unfortunately.

Let me reiterate for the illiterate....

The points were lost in the team selection as this meant our attacking threat of the previous 2 games was compromised. Our balance was all over the shop and we lost control of the game in the first half

It was only when Cooper FINALLY did something about it that we improved the stats he talks about and got back into the game.

It would take an absolute moron to think we'd have the same stats had we continued with the approach and gameplan Cooper set us up with in the first half

That's where we lost the points, it's not rocket science. Have a look at the stats from 20 to 49.

Open thine eyes as there are none so blind as those that will not see.

Lesson over.

So more attacking players, but not the ones he changed after 52 minutes that you were ''wanting all along''. For someone who enjoys throwing out attempted insults you have a terrible ability to illustrate your points without eventually disagreeing with them.

The point were not lost in the team selection, factually incorrect. Your problem is you start your views from a place that is already inaccurate, like when you said playing Cabango means we get less possession. You don't know enough to create a base for your opinion, which is why you end up getting frustrated and calling people names. You don't put the work in.

We lost points when the smacked the back on the net twice in 5 minutes and we failed to score more. That wasn't down to ego, proving a point or whatever other rubbish you said it was. It's simply football.

We find ourselves 3rd as all these mini sections you criticise add up to a bigger picture. Dismissed.

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:37 - Apr 18 with 834 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:29 - Apr 18 by onehunglow

No,it is nonsense to you as you dont agree. That simple.

Cooper was desperate and probably simply picked subs blindly with no clue a to how to get control of a game controlled by wycombe farking wanderers., I 'll repeat that WYCOMBE WANDERERS. In fact they had chance in our first encounter with them.

The players are those that are getting cooper out of jail and keeping his stock high. He has had luck and it shows now we cant rely on that.

I dont agree with Chris nor you so there ya go. Great innit to be alive and chew the cud like this.

It isn't about agreeing it's about basing and starting the view on something that is not sound footing and inaccurate in the extreme.

I don't agree because it's nonsense. Bring me something tangible, something that can be explored, tested, proved. Saying we lost points in the team selection is just incorrect and not a discussion point.

I understand we were playing Wycombe. You make it sound as if it is a guaranteed win. We were 1.57 on the exchange. Meaning we had a 36.3% chance of not winning, it's hardly unbelievable. It suggests we would fail to win every 3rd match-up with them, which sounds about right to me.

Disappointing, yes. That's life.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 11:40]

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:54 - Apr 18 with 828 views9MilesHigh

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:32 - Apr 18 by Dr_Parnassus

So more attacking players, but not the ones he changed after 52 minutes that you were ''wanting all along''. For someone who enjoys throwing out attempted insults you have a terrible ability to illustrate your points without eventually disagreeing with them.

The point were not lost in the team selection, factually incorrect. Your problem is you start your views from a place that is already inaccurate, like when you said playing Cabango means we get less possession. You don't know enough to create a base for your opinion, which is why you end up getting frustrated and calling people names. You don't put the work in.

We lost points when the smacked the back on the net twice in 5 minutes and we failed to score more. That wasn't down to ego, proving a point or whatever other rubbish you said it was. It's simply football.

We find ourselves 3rd as all these mini sections you criticise add up to a bigger picture. Dismissed.

God knows how he makes a living in analysing betting stats when he can't notice simple trends, when they're not just unfolding in front of his face they're spitting all over him.

Does anyone else believe we didn't drop the points in the first half leading up to their goals.

The saying 'it was coming' will never be more clear.

And the Cabango argument really drills his whole outlook down to the ground

He doesn't see and feel a game, he tries to make sense out of the stats afterwards.
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:57 - Apr 18 with 818 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:54 - Apr 18 by 9MilesHigh

God knows how he makes a living in analysing betting stats when he can't notice simple trends, when they're not just unfolding in front of his face they're spitting all over him.

Does anyone else believe we didn't drop the points in the first half leading up to their goals.

The saying 'it was coming' will never be more clear.

And the Cabango argument really drills his whole outlook down to the ground

He doesn't see and feel a game, he tries to make sense out of the stats afterwards.

Probably because I am right. Don't get all agitated because I am telling you why you are wrong. Take it like a man.

You can feel whatever you want mate, but sadly what you feel is often wrong. Which is why most things in life are better based of facts than feelings. You may tend to find things make much more sense and you aren't so irrational.

Try it.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:02 - Apr 18 with 822 views9MilesHigh

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:57 - Apr 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Probably because I am right. Don't get all agitated because I am telling you why you are wrong. Take it like a man.

You can feel whatever you want mate, but sadly what you feel is often wrong. Which is why most things in life are better based of facts than feelings. You may tend to find things make much more sense and you aren't so irrational.

Try it.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/271160/a-return-to-the-

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:04 - Apr 18 with 814 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:02 - Apr 18 by 9MilesHigh

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/271160/a-return-to-the-

What’s your point?

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 12:52 - Apr 18 with 785 viewsAndyCole

Maybe some of the clever in hindsight critics ought to make the live calls on matchdays.

That could be truly hilarious entertainment. And most importantly help further the cause.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 12:54 - Apr 18 with 786 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 12:52 - Apr 18 by AndyCole

Maybe some of the clever in hindsight critics ought to make the live calls on matchdays.

That could be truly hilarious entertainment. And most importantly help further the cause.

How funny it would be to listen to your assessment 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 13:24 - Apr 18 with 782 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 12:52 - Apr 18 by AndyCole

And there he is, classic wum, have you had a previous user name on here, never really noticed you before this season.
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 13:26 - Apr 18 with 769 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 13:24 - Apr 18 by Treforys_Jack

And there he is, classic wum, have you had a previous user name on here, never really noticed you before this season.

Yes he DYSS.

You would think that having one wum account would be enough TJ but having two, some people just baffle me.
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:43 - Apr 18 with 760 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:37 - Apr 18 by Dr_Parnassus

It isn't about agreeing it's about basing and starting the view on something that is not sound footing and inaccurate in the extreme.

I don't agree because it's nonsense. Bring me something tangible, something that can be explored, tested, proved. Saying we lost points in the team selection is just incorrect and not a discussion point.

I understand we were playing Wycombe. You make it sound as if it is a guaranteed win. We were 1.57 on the exchange. Meaning we had a 36.3% chance of not winning, it's hardly unbelievable. It suggests we would fail to win every 3rd match-up with them, which sounds about right to me.

As soon a Percentages appear then I turn off.Like stats,for the anoraks in life
Again,you are NOT necessarily right,nor wrong.

Everything is life is subjective and we need others to offer some balance.

Common Sense ,to me,right now,is lacking in this country.

We have a killer virus surrounding us;we cannot accept the fact it ha changed our lives in every way. That we have to cope is common sense to me.To others,it is all about demonstrations,political point scoring and looking for easy options out.That to me is not common sense as is refusal to wear a mask or keep social distance.

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:58 - Apr 18 with 762 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:43 - Apr 18 by onehunglow

We have a killer virus surrounding us;we cannot accept the fact it ha changed our lives in every way. That we have to cope is common sense to me.To others,it is all about demonstrations,political point scoring and looking for easy options out.That to me is not common sense as is refusal to wear a mask or keep social distance.

That’s one of your best ever posts IMO
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:05 - Apr 18 with 752 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:58 - Apr 18 by jack247

That’s one of your best ever posts IMO

You'll have to wait until I finish my book.
If you do what you are doing and read my text,you'll find I ain't dumb,vile,scum deluded but caustic,perceptive and intelligent,if I say so myself. I know what I am posting ,readers often do not.

Im glad we are more civil anyway and I thank you for that..

Always rememebr,we are here because we love this bluddy club of ours as it was what we were brought up with by our dads taking us down the Vetch .The thrill of peeping over the shoulders of giants in the big games has never left me and I will die feeling that way.
I will always expect the best possible and will support no manager of player per se as they are employees who will soon be gone. Very few ,like the Nurses,Kileys,Brittons,Allchurches stay behind .

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:26 - Apr 18 with 754 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:37 - Apr 18 by Dr_Parnassus

I've heard plenty of expert pundits say that games were lost in team selection, that the manager got selection and tactics wrong. These are people who have played and managed professionally. Still if you know more than career pros!

Those odds, they are for one game only yes? They don't predict losing every third match and if we had a 3 game series against Wycombe there would be odds for the series AND for the individual games, yes?

The odds, just like the stats don't fully present the situation because life isn't like that, if the odds were 100% accurate we would have won. Stats can tell part of the story but not all of it, for that you have to watch and even then you'll only se your own version, others will disagree.
The problem with sports is, we can all have an opinion but unless our scenario is actually in play we'll never know who was right or wrong. It's just about opinions.

It could maybe be the case that as soon as Cooper picked the team and chose the tactics that a draw was the probable outcome, if you believe in fate and everything is already decided.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:35 - Apr 18 with 739 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:26 - Apr 18 by Catullus

I've heard plenty of expert pundits say that games were lost in team selection, that the manager got selection and tactics wrong. These are people who have played and managed professionally. Still if you know more than career pros!

Those odds, they are for one game only yes? They don't predict losing every third match and if we had a 3 game series against Wycombe there would be odds for the series AND for the individual games, yes?

The odds, just like the stats don't fully present the situation because life isn't like that, if the odds were 100% accurate we would have won. Stats can tell part of the story but not all of it, for that you have to watch and even then you'll only se your own version, others will disagree.
The problem with sports is, we can all have an opinion but unless our scenario is actually in play we'll never know who was right or wrong. It's just about opinions.

It could maybe be the case that as soon as Cooper picked the team and chose the tactics that a draw was the probable outcome, if you believe in fate and everything is already decided.

I’ve heard expert pundits say many things, much of which is complete nonsense. Such as “he’s last man so by the letter of the law he has to go”. Nonsense, never has been a rule that states that and probably never will. The list is endless. You do not lose a game before it he began, just nonsense. It’s a silly cliche.

Those odds are based on that match played an infinite amount of times. It states if that game was played over 100 times, we would fail to go on to win in roughly a third of them. Which sounds about right to me.

Your statement that if the odds were 100% accurate then we would have won is incorrect. I just had this conversation with Trampie. I will give the same example, if there are 3 balls in a bag, 2 red and 1 green... there is 66.6% chance of pulling out a red one. That’s 100% accurate. That doesn’t mean you will pull out red one though.

And no I don’t believe in fate.

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:40 - Apr 18 with 733 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:43 - Apr 18 by onehunglow

You are missing out, maths is literally the language of life.

A lot of people can convince themselves they have seen a certain something until stats tell them they were mistaken.

It’s all well and good having feelings and views, but data often shows feelings to be wrong... feelings don’t often show data to be wrong. There is a reason we have gps trackers sewn into our shirts and detailed statistics on every aspect of the game.

As much as it is inconvenient for those that wish to portray something else, sadly that is just the way it is.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 15:47]

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:04 - Apr 18 with 692 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:40 - Apr 18 by Dr_Parnassus

A lot of people can convince themselves they have seen a certain something until stats tell them they were mistaken.

It’s all well and good having feelings and views, but data often shows feelings to be wrong... feelings don’t often show data to be wrong. There is a reason we have gps trackers sewn into our shirts and detailed statistics on every aspect of the game.

As much as it is inconvenient for those that wish to portray something else, sadly that is just the way it is.

Unfortunately "stats", as much as I like them do not always win football games, or even describe the outcome.
They are won by goals.
I have seen plenty of games where one team are total favourites, have 70% to 80% possession, 30 shots on goal, 10 on target and still lose 1:0 to 3 shots and just the one on target.
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:36 - Apr 18 with 666 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:40 - Apr 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Stats are a load of shi@t...you could have a player who has a 100% pass completion who passes the ball 5 yards sideways or backwards safe option doing nothing and a player who has a 50% pass completion but have created more with 2 passes than the other but his stats say his passing is worse ...but if you actually watch the game he's tghebetter player
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 20:17 - Apr 18 with 620 viewsjasper_T

If you decide stats are a waste of time because they don't tell you the whole picture and one extreme example seems counter-intuitive at first glance, it's not stats that are stupid.
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 20:47 - Apr 18 with 598 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 20:17 - Apr 18 by jasper_T

If you decide stats are a waste of time because they don't tell you the whole picture and one extreme example seems counter-intuitive at first glance, it's not stats that are stupid.

you can have the best stats in every game, but if you don't win they mean nothing, we kept the ball for 85 mins, made 1000 passes, won 100% of headers, but didn't score and lost the game 2-0, stats be f....

Every day as become a minefield of stats and data, how did we manage, when stats and data were never mentioned, waste of time in every day life and in sport.
Football/sport intelligence and game plans/tactics win the day.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 22:48 - Apr 18 with 567 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 20:47 - Apr 18 by max936

you can have the best stats in every game, but if you don't win they mean nothing, we kept the ball for 85 mins, made 1000 passes, won 100% of headers, but didn't score and lost the game 2-0, stats be f....

Every day as become a minefield of stats and data, how did we manage, when stats and data were never mentioned, waste of time in every day life and in sport.
Football/sport intelligence and game plans/tactics win the day.

My eldest said at half time we have iirc something like over 60 % of possession and 5 or 6 shots to which I replied 'it means nothing because we havent scored'

Statistics, statistics and damn lies eh🙄
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024