Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NEW BLOG: Rochdale v Blackpool - Rochdale Pubs & Octopus Curry 18:28 - Apr 21 with 1029 viewsBlackpoolJane

Well the match might have been a bit of a damp squib, but the pubs of Rochdale were quite impressive. Marzipan beer, banoffles (my new favourite made up word), irresistible sausage rolls - and octopus curry.

There's also a bit about the match and a big rant from me about Sky Sports...

https://janestuart.co.uk/2021/04/21/rochdale-v-blackpool-rochdale-pubs/
NEW BLOG: Rochdale v Blackpool - Rochdale Pubs & Octopus Curry on 20:41 - Apr 21 with 1018 viewsspell_chekker

Ha ha: Damp squib(d) + octopus curry.

As for the match, I found it to be a similar theme to many others this season in that we often get overrun in midfield.

Previously, we've somehow found a way of getting results without really coming to terms with the problem.

Shrewsbury will be the same on Saturday. I'd pack our midfield with 5 players by sacrificing one of the 2 strikers, leaving Yates on his own up top.

We've done this a few times recently with some success - Oxford, Peterborough, and Plymouth.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 20:42]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

NEW BLOG: Rochdale v Blackpool - Rochdale Pubs & Octopus Curry on 13:46 - Apr 25 with 995 viewsBlackpoolJane

NEW BLOG: Rochdale v Blackpool - Rochdale Pubs & Octopus Curry on 20:41 - Apr 21 by spell_chekker

Ha ha: Damp squib(d) + octopus curry.

As for the match, I found it to be a similar theme to many others this season in that we often get overrun in midfield.

Previously, we've somehow found a way of getting results without really coming to terms with the problem.

Shrewsbury will be the same on Saturday. I'd pack our midfield with 5 players by sacrificing one of the 2 strikers, leaving Yates on his own up top.

We've done this a few times recently with some success - Oxford, Peterborough, and Plymouth.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 20:42]

Yes! I had that in mind as I wrote it :).

Saw a disturbing stat yesterday about how few goals and assets are coming from midfield. It's great that we have the defence shored up but we do need to be more ruthless going forward. It's not even entertaining to watch a lot of the time, even when we are winning. That makes it all the harder when the results aren't going our way.
NEW BLOG: Rochdale v Blackpool - Rochdale Pubs & Octopus Curry on 18:55 - Apr 25 with 989 viewsspell_chekker

NEW BLOG: Rochdale v Blackpool - Rochdale Pubs & Octopus Curry on 13:46 - Apr 25 by BlackpoolJane

Saw a disturbing stat yesterday about how few goals and assets are coming from midfield. It's great that we have the defence shored up but we do need to be more ruthless going forward. It's not even entertaining to watch a lot of the time, even when we are winning. That makes it all the harder when the results aren't going our way.

I did say about Shrewsbury.

I'd go for an extreme approach to our remaining games.

See the "push for the play offs" thread.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

NEW BLOG: Rochdale v Blackpool - Rochdale Pubs & Octopus Curry on 23:58 - Apr 25 with 984 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

NEW BLOG: Rochdale v Blackpool - Rochdale Pubs & Octopus Curry on 13:46 - Apr 25 by BlackpoolJane

All our creative midfielders are crocked. It's why we're playing two full backs on the wings

Yates and Simms are getting no service. Apart from Kaikai, it's slim pickings. The cupboard is bare

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024