Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Canelo v Saunders 18:38 - May 7 with 4126 viewsshingle

Real world champ v paper world champ,anyone predicting the upset, big ask for Saunders to outbox him for 12 rounds, most likely outcome Canelo late stoppage.
Canelo v Saunders on 18:59 - May 10 with 1077 viewsshingle

Canelo v Saunders on 20:14 - May 9 by max936

He was banned a few yrs ago, probably more than a few yrs ago, for using banned substances or roids wasn't he?

Saunders was as well, both been caught cheating so one is as bad as the other in that respect.
Canelo v Saunders on 19:05 - May 10 with 1073 viewsshingle

Canelo v Saunders on 17:27 - May 10 by Fergal

Calzaghe?

All great fighters yet all have been knocked out cold, some on a number of occasions, the likes of Alvarez and Calzaghe have never been close to being koed, in fact Alvarez has not even been knocked down as far as i can remember.
Canelo v Saunders on 19:05 - May 10 with 1072 viewsmax936

Canelo v Saunders on 18:56 - May 10 by shingle

You really should not believe that he has a completely shattered cheekbone etc until you see xrays and evidence this is Boxing please do not believe everything they tell you until you have proof.

Canelo's body punches were doubling him up, causing Saunders to duck down that played right into Canelo's hands and he smashed the uppercuts in, both tough men fairplay, Saunders, was starting to get a foot hold in the contest, until Canelo found the answer.
Pity Saunders father spoilt his son's night by brawling with the security, that said, I've no idea what started that, Tyson Fury was looking on, but luckily for him he had the good sense to just look.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Canelo v Saunders on 19:56 - May 10 with 1047 viewsonehunglow

Canelo v Saunders on 19:05 - May 10 by shingle

All great fighters yet all have been knocked out cold, some on a number of occasions, the likes of Alvarez and Calzaghe have never been close to being koed, in fact Alvarez has not even been knocked down as far as i can remember.

Alvarez and Joe never faced Archie Moore or Ezzard Charles in their prime. You need also to look up the punching power of Bob Foster.

Come to think of it Sugar Ray Robinson could have had a few extra burgers and faced them. He would have beaten them on the same night.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Canelo v Saunders on 23:02 - May 10 with 1022 viewshowenjack

Canelo v Saunders on 09:50 - May 10 by onehunglow

I agree Blaine.This is always a good base for a chat.

Roy Jones v Gene Tunney....

Jones uses his incredible skill craft trying to gain the upper hand against the most underated champion of all time at any weight.A man who twice beat the legendary Dempsey.Eventually,Tunney wears him down and take him on a split decision.

Ezzard Charles v Moore.

Archie and Ezzard bash each other seneless . Draw

Finally I forgot John Conteh. A terrific talent wasted by ego but certainly one who would pulverise Saunders

Not forgetting ex fairground boxer Freddy Mills................
Canelo v Saunders on 08:54 - May 11 with 982 viewsonehunglow

Canelo v Saunders on 23:02 - May 10 by howenjack

Not forgetting ex fairground boxer Freddy Mills................

Have you seen the excellent documentary of Freddie.The first real sporting TV star when I was growing up.

Jack Dempsey wasn't the greatest heavuweight of all time but he again was the first real superstar of boxing and his name is legendary and always will.

A good of mine met the great man at his Restaurant in NYC and when he heard British customers are ordering,he comes over from the bar and gets stuck right in asking them the thing Americans ask the British then "you buying me a drink then Limeys" They described him as a very intimidating man with a gnarled up face but an absolute Gent. Autographs were given with a smile as were photographs. These were later sold at auction for Cancer Research.

Sadly that chum no longer with us

Canelo v Saunders on 12:21 - May 11 with 965 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Canelo v Saunders on 12:40 - May 11 with 961 viewsReslovenSwan1

Canelo v Saunders on 19:05 - May 10 by shingle

Calzaghe was stunned by Mitchell and came out swinging and stoped him. He also took a huge punch off Kabary Salem a granite chinned Eqyptian.

I assume Canelo was on the WADA testing program. He is freakisshly strong. I haope Hearn has insisted on this but money talks. This was 2018.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776196-canelo-alvarez-agrees-to-year-round-
[Post edited 11 May 2021 13:39]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Canelo v Saunders on 14:37 - May 11 with 942 viewshowenjack

Canelo v Saunders on 08:54 - May 11 by onehunglow

Have you seen the excellent documentary of Freddie.The first real sporting TV star when I was growing up.

Jack Dempsey wasn't the greatest heavuweight of all time but he again was the first real superstar of boxing and his name is legendary and always will.

A good of mine met the great man at his Restaurant in NYC and when he heard British customers are ordering,he comes over from the bar and gets stuck right in asking them the thing Americans ask the British then "you buying me a drink then Limeys" They described him as a very intimidating man with a gnarled up face but an absolute Gent. Autographs were given with a smile as were photographs. These were later sold at auction for Cancer Research.

Sadly that chum no longer with us

Yes a very successful restaurant in the big apple . Closed in 1974 and had a small part in the
1971 godfather film . apparently the lease was owned by one HM . She or rather her representatives being the landowner did not renew it .
Canelo v Saunders on 14:48 - May 11 with 940 viewshowenjack

Freddy Mills from Bournemouth was indeed Britains first sporting superstar a guy who in his time was every bit as famous as David Beckham . After boxing he opened Freddy's nitespot in Soho . Soho at that time was a far more dangerous and seedy area than it is now . Rumour has it that Freddy was struggling and got on the wrong side of some "characters".
Ended up being shot through the eye in his car in an alleyway next to his club in 1965.
Papers said it was suicide -family and friends think different.
Canelo v Saunders on 15:24 - May 11 with 923 viewsonehunglow

Canelo v Saunders on 14:48 - May 11 by howenjack

Freddy Mills from Bournemouth was indeed Britains first sporting superstar a guy who in his time was every bit as famous as David Beckham . After boxing he opened Freddy's nitespot in Soho . Soho at that time was a far more dangerous and seedy area than it is now . Rumour has it that Freddy was struggling and got on the wrong side of some "characters".
Ended up being shot through the eye in his car in an alleyway next to his club in 1965.
Papers said it was suicide -family and friends think different.

Great exchange .Many thanks for that.

They described his restaurant as the safest place in NYC. Jack just had the face one wouldn’t mess with.

No angel but he regularly dropped large bundles of notes into those who were destitute.

His life as a kid is well worth researching .Life was hard then on a scale unimaginable to the WOKE kids now

Canelo v Saunders on 18:32 - May 11 with 913 viewsshingle

Canelo v Saunders on 12:40 - May 11 by ReslovenSwan1

Calzaghe was stunned by Mitchell and came out swinging and stoped him. He also took a huge punch off Kabary Salem a granite chinned Eqyptian.

I assume Canelo was on the WADA testing program. He is freakisshly strong. I haope Hearn has insisted on this but money talks. This was 2018.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776196-canelo-alvarez-agrees-to-year-round-
[Post edited 11 May 2021 13:39]

As i originally said the other Boxers mentioned have been knocked out cold more then once, Calzaghe and Alvarez have never been koed, and mentioning Calzaghe taking those two bombs off Mitchell shaking them off and stopping Mitchell soon after cements my point, also you do know Saunders, Fury, and many others are proven drug cheats.
Canelo v Saunders on 18:35 - May 11 with 910 viewsshingle

Canelo v Saunders on 19:56 - May 10 by onehunglow

Alvarez and Joe never faced Archie Moore or Ezzard Charles in their prime. You need also to look up the punching power of Bob Foster.

Come to think of it Sugar Ray Robinson could have had a few extra burgers and faced them. He would have beaten them on the same night.

The beating the two of them on the same night comment oh dear.
Canelo v Saunders on 09:04 - May 12 with 851 viewsonehunglow

Canelo v Saunders on 18:35 - May 11 by shingle

The beating the two of them on the same night comment oh dear.

Indeed so.Opinions eh.
It's a tedious life sometimes and we try to have a little levity to lighten the load.
Yep, Robinson would have Ko d JC without breaking sweat then played with the other chap as he would a sparring session.
When you talking all time greats of the ring you will find pound for pound Sugar Ray Robinson comes top of most experts list.

BTW,no offence against Joe, a modern day behemoth of the ring and underrated outside Wales. Talking about underated ,so was Brian Curvis and Winstone but not Jimmy Wilde ,who really was Wales greatest of all time.

Canelo v Saunders on 12:20 - May 12 with 829 viewshowenjack

Here's another great who hasn't been mentioned Randolph Turpin sadly another who met a tragic end by his own hand. Here he is fighting Sugar Ray Robinson in the rematch for the world middleweight title . Ringside celebrities are like a who's who of society at the time.

Canelo v Saunders on 13:24 - May 12 with 820 viewsonehunglow

Canelo v Saunders on 12:20 - May 12 by howenjack

Here's another great who hasn't been mentioned Randolph Turpin sadly another who met a tragic end by his own hand. Here he is fighting Sugar Ray Robinson in the rematch for the world middleweight title . Ringside celebrities are like a who's who of society at the time.

His former cafe is still there on the Great Orme.
Tragic end .

Canelo v Saunders on 18:33 - May 12 with 792 viewsshingle

Canelo v Saunders on 09:04 - May 12 by onehunglow

Indeed so.Opinions eh.
It's a tedious life sometimes and we try to have a little levity to lighten the load.
Yep, Robinson would have Ko d JC without breaking sweat then played with the other chap as he would a sparring session.
When you talking all time greats of the ring you will find pound for pound Sugar Ray Robinson comes top of most experts list.

BTW,no offence against Joe, a modern day behemoth of the ring and underrated outside Wales. Talking about underated ,so was Brian Curvis and Winstone but not Jimmy Wilde ,who really was Wales greatest of all time.

He must have been having off nights during his 19 defeats then.
Canelo v Saunders on 20:49 - May 12 with 772 viewsonehunglow

Canelo v Saunders on 18:33 - May 12 by shingle

He must have been having off nights during his 19 defeats then.

Well he had 200 fights after all.

Joe had 1/4 of that.

Canelo v Saunders on 22:59 - May 12 with 757 viewshowenjack

Sugar Ray Robinson fought fights well into his forties . He didnt lose many in his prime if any Turpin probably the only one and he underestimated him , Lots of fighters go on longer than they should eg Ali , Joe Louis , Hollyfield for differing reasons financial mostly and end up losing fights they would have won with one hand previously . You have to look beyond that in assessing whether someone is truly great or not . Like Terry downes said after he beat sugar Ray Robinson " I didn't beat Sugar Ray , I beat the ghost of Sugar Ray".

Any way I will leave you with this..........

Canelo v Saunders on 18:18 - May 13 with 707 viewsshingle

Canelo v Saunders on 20:49 - May 12 by onehunglow

Well he had 200 fights after all.

Joe had 1/4 of that.

And lost none.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024