Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a Month 13:56 - Jul 1 with 5863 viewsBarrowdale

Well, yesterday's news topped off what must surely be the most important era in our recent history and perhaps of all time.
I can't say I'm sorry to see BBM go, too boring, pedestrian etc (all been said before) and if it causes other players to go so be it. We've all seen that too. I wish BBM well though, seemed a decent chap by all accounts. Personally I don't wish DB any harm either. He was always fine with me, but clearly the right decision to go. It also seems like we've got some decent guys in at the helm to steady the ship and move us on. If the "This is my club" video is anything to go by they have tapped onto the beating heart of the club.
So just a couple of things left. Sort the manager post out, play attacking, entertaining football, win or lose and stop taking the knee and it will be 10 out of 10 from me!
Can't wait to be back in the ground.
ps: I can't renew on line either. It doesn't accept my ID.
What a Month on 14:11 - Jul 1 with 3988 viewssxdale

Why stop taking the knee?
What a Month on 14:21 - Jul 1 with 3928 views49thseason

We still need to get some defenders in. I am not worried about an U21 keeper, but we need two fullbacks and a couple of centre halves. I wouldn't want to start with Done at left back and young Dunne partnering O'Connell in the middle of the defence.
I guess the biggest loss we may feel from the BBM departure will be contacts made at places like Brighton and our ability to attract decent loanees. Or, if we haven't burned our boats with BBM, and he gets the U23 job at City......who knows who might arrive here?
What a Month on 14:21 - Jul 1 with 3931 viewsBarrowdale

Well mainly because I go to the match as an escape and for the release from the rest of the crap that infests the news. I dont need a political message before each game, or being told by Southgate or you or anyone else that im racist. I’ll cheer 11 minority players of any race or shade if they entertain me. Thats all I want really, plus two wingers and a massive centre fwd.
What a Month on 14:22 - Jul 1 with 3927 viewsDrigdale

Agree with what you say barrowdale. I think its a good time to be a Dale fan as there are exciting times ahead. The video makes you proud to be a Dale fan.
What a Month on 14:50 - Jul 1 with 3826 views1907

"Personally I don't wish DB any harm either."

Stopped reading at this part, sorry.

DB will live long in the nightmares of all Dale fans & making him out to be anything less than what he was is wrong.
What a Month on 14:55 - Jul 1 with 3799 viewssxdale

What a Month on 14:21 - Jul 1 by Barrowdale

Well mainly because I go to the match as an escape and for the release from the rest of the crap that infests the news. I dont need a political message before each game, or being told by Southgate or you or anyone else that im racist. I’ll cheer 11 minority players of any race or shade if they entertain me. Thats all I want really, plus two wingers and a massive centre fwd.

I never said you were a racist you have assumed that all by yourself, I just wonder why people are so opposed to a peaceful gesture of solidarity between footballers.
Perhaps you just don't like kneeling
What a Month on 15:07 - Jul 1 with 3757 viewsBarrowdale

What a Month on 14:55 - Jul 1 by sxdale

I never said you were a racist you have assumed that all by yourself, I just wonder why people are so opposed to a peaceful gesture of solidarity between footballers.

No Southgate and Ian Wright told me. But as someone who actually isn't, I can't understand why we have to keep watching the symbolism. it's causing more people to get annoyed than what it was actually meant for.
Why don't we all stand on one leg for the state murder of Uighur Muslims?
It's made it's point, why not stop and actually assess if it's done anything, because I'm pretty sure it hasn't.
Anyway its bad for your cruciates.
What a Month on 15:20 - Jul 1 with 3708 viewsncfc_chalky

What a Month on 14:21 - Jul 1 by Barrowdale

That God for that as I thought that I was on my own on that view 👏

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Login to get fewer ads

What a Month on 15:23 - Jul 1 with 3688 viewsDalenet

What a Month on 15:07 - Jul 1 by Barrowdale

No Southgate and Ian Wright told me. But as someone who actually isn't, I can't understand why we have to keep watching the symbolism. it's causing more people to get annoyed than what it was actually meant for.
Why don't we all stand on one leg for the state murder of Uighur Muslims?
It's made it's point, why not stop and actually assess if it's done anything, because I'm pretty sure it hasn't.
Anyway its bad for your cruciates.

For me it does no harm. I can see no issue with what the players have chosen to do. It really doesn't cause offence and I just don't understand why it is an issue in peoples heads. The world is full of messages about how we should behave and what we should believe. We all have the ability to filter it out

There is a much wider issue of respect in sport. Interesting watching the Euro games how the supporters of most teams have shown respect to their opponents. How they have so often been allowed to mix in stadiums. Yet at Wembley, our supporters showed their true colours. And its tiresome. After all we have been through, can we not tolerate each other a little bit more?
What a Month on 15:25 - Jul 1 with 3674 viewsBarrowdale

What a Month on 15:23 - Jul 1 by Dalenet

For me it does no harm. I can see no issue with what the players have chosen to do. It really doesn't cause offence and I just don't understand why it is an issue in peoples heads. The world is full of messages about how we should behave and what we should believe. We all have the ability to filter it out

There is a much wider issue of respect in sport. Interesting watching the Euro games how the supporters of most teams have shown respect to their opponents. How they have so often been allowed to mix in stadiums. Yet at Wembley, our supporters showed their true colours. And its tiresome. After all we have been through, can we not tolerate each other a little bit more?

Agree. Booing opposing anthems is just ignorant
What a Month on 15:35 - Jul 1 with 3625 viewssxdale

What a Month on 15:25 - Jul 1 by Barrowdale

Agree. Booing opposing anthems is just ignorant

Agree with that, as a republican, I simply don't join in with our national anthem but I feel no need to boo when it's being played. That is my point re taking the knee, why people get so worked up by it. Plus the right wing trying to confuse it with the BLM political movement no matter what the players say.
What a Month on 16:18 - Jul 1 with 3523 viewsjokerthief

What a Month on 15:35 - Jul 1 by sxdale

Agree with that, as a republican, I simply don't join in with our national anthem but I feel no need to boo when it's being played. That is my point re taking the knee, why people get so worked up by it. Plus the right wing trying to confuse it with the BLM political movement no matter what the players say.

So why didn't any soccer player take a knee when Lee Rigby was butchered to death on the streets of London? They took the knee for BLM which is a totally racist group.
Why cause extra racial tension by making a political move?
What a Month on 16:28 - Jul 1 with 3480 viewsSuddenLad

What a Month on 14:55 - Jul 1 by sxdale

If it's a gesture between footballers, they should do it in the dressing room.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

What a Month on 16:38 - Jul 1 with 3439 viewsJames1980

What a Month on 16:18 - Jul 1 by jokerthief

So why didn't any soccer player take a knee when Lee Rigby was butchered to death on the streets of London? They took the knee for BLM which is a totally racist group.

All right thinking political parties should be for the ending of systemic racism and discrimination people of colour face. Taking the knee is simply show of solidarity against racism why on earth would anyone be against a 10 second display that shows the team is against racism?
Oh by the way Lee's family have gone on record they don't like their son's name being used in such a way.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

What a Month on 16:44 - Jul 1 with 3407 viewssxdale

What a Month on 16:18 - Jul 1 by jokerthief

I was wondering how long it would be before you turned up darling xxx
What a Month on 16:53 - Jul 1 with 3354 views49thseason

So what is the lining up and shaking hands about at the start of every game if not a gesture of respect for your opponents and officials?
What a Month on 17:02 - Jul 1 with 3316 viewssxdale

What a Month on 16:53 - Jul 1 by 49thseason

So what is the lining up and shaking hands about at the start of every game if not a gesture of respect for your opponents and officials?

I would suggest that solidarity against discrimination and respect for your opponents are two separate issues
What a Month on 17:08 - Jul 1 with 3282 viewsncfc_chalky

People being forced into agreeing with taking the knee or being called racist really pissed me off,some people (me) just think that politics and sport should be kept separate from each other,I don't mind a once a year clap for the soldiers that died during the world wars as it's showing your appreciation for all that they sacrificed,if people didn't want to join with the applause I certainly wouldn't have a go at them for it or accuse them of being unpatriotic but I fear that one day the do gooders will get their way on that as well

What a Month on 17:26 - Jul 1 with 3223 viewssxdale

What a Month on 17:08 - Jul 1 by ncfc_chalky

People being forced into agreeing with taking the knee or being called racist really pissed me off,some people (me) just think that politics and sport should be kept separate from each other,I don't mind a once a year clap for the soldiers that died during the world wars as it's showing your appreciation for all that they sacrificed,if people didn't want to join with the applause I certainly wouldn't have a go at them for it or accuse them of being unpatriotic but I fear that one day the do gooders will get their way on that as well

I don't believe anyone should be forced or shamed into doing anything and I have not called anyone racist, I simply don't understand why people have a problem with a gesture of solidarity, if you don't like it fair enough but feeling the need to boo when it is taking place baffles me. Zaha has stated he won't take the knee, in other sports most notably F1 many drivers don't take the knee but stand respectfully by while others do, it seems that only certain elements of football crowds seem to have the need to voice their displeasure
What a Month on 17:38 - Jul 1 with 3149 viewsncfc_chalky

What a Month on 17:26 - Jul 1 by sxdale

I don't believe anyone should be forced or shamed into doing anything and I have not called anyone racist, I simply don't understand why people have a problem with a gesture of solidarity, if you don't like it fair enough but feeling the need to boo when it is taking place baffles me. Zaha has stated he won't take the knee, in other sports most notably F1 many drivers don't take the knee but stand respectfully by while others do, it seems that only certain elements of football crowds seem to have the need to voice their displeasure

I didn't say that you had called anyone racist,i was referring to what Southgate said about people not wanting to take to the knee,which elements of the football crowd voice their displeasure anyway? Tbh some people are to scared to voice their opinions incase it gets blown out of proportion,this on itself is surely a form of bullying?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 17:39]

What a Month on 18:04 - Jul 1 with 3064 viewssxdale

What a Month on 17:38 - Jul 1 by ncfc_chalky

I didn't say that you had called anyone racist,i was referring to what Southgate said about people not wanting to take to the knee,which elements of the football crowd voice their displeasure anyway? Tbh some people are to scared to voice their opinions incase it gets blown out of proportion,this on itself is surely a form of bullying?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 17:39]

Fair do's, you always seem like a decent chap on your posts
What a Month on 18:14 - Jul 1 with 3012 viewsdiver

Good news that club is to be moved into Heywood along with rest of spotland.Heywood United sounds good to me!!
What a Month on 18:32 - Jul 1 with 2960 views49thseason

What a Month on 17:02 - Jul 1 by sxdale

I would suggest that solidarity against discrimination and respect for your opponents are two separate issues

My understanding is that discrimination is highly legislated against, so what exactly is the message we are supposed to take from watching footballers kneeling down? Is it their concern for the Uigurs in China? If so they need to say so. Do they believe there is race discrimination in football when Black footballers are playing for England? Can they point to any situation in the UK where people are discriminated against without the potential to resort to the courts?
The origin of this kneeling was when an American, Colin Kaepernick "took a knee" as a protest against police shootings. I guess being shot is a form of discrimination but not one that we suffer from greatly in the UK I dare say the next time it happens, the victim will at least know that the professional footballers in the UK are in solidarity with him or her even if they shot at the policeman first.
Kaepernick now supports the abolition of police and prisons, is this also the belief of our professional footballers?
What a Month on 19:02 - Jul 1 with 2860 viewssxdale

What a Month on 18:32 - Jul 1 by 49thseason

My understanding is that discrimination is highly legislated against, so what exactly is the message we are supposed to take from watching footballers kneeling down? Is it their concern for the Uigurs in China? If so they need to say so. Do they believe there is race discrimination in football when Black footballers are playing for England? Can they point to any situation in the UK where people are discriminated against without the potential to resort to the courts?
The origin of this kneeling was when an American, Colin Kaepernick "took a knee" as a protest against police shootings. I guess being shot is a form of discrimination but not one that we suffer from greatly in the UK I dare say the next time it happens, the victim will at least know that the professional footballers in the UK are in solidarity with him or her even if they shot at the policeman first.
Kaepernick now supports the abolition of police and prisons, is this also the belief of our professional footballers?

Again you are confusing solidarity in the face of discrimination with the political ambitions of the BLM movement but never mind eh? If you want to get into an argument about discrimination in the UK simply look at the demographics of people holding the positions of power in the judiciary, business and politics compared to population overall. Its quite simple really. I used to tell a joke on the building sites in Essex that went down a storm and it may well apply here....

Q what's the difference between an Essex boy and a computer?

A you only have to punch information into a computer once.

I will love you and leave you now sweetheart, had a nice day sat in the sun but my supply of tyskie is running out, a trip to the offy is required.

Toodle pip xxx
What a Month on 19:31 - Jul 1 with 2745 viewsDaleiLama

What a Month on 18:32 - Jul 1 by 49thseason

CK began by refusing to stand up for the national anthem as a result of police discrimination. He then spoke to a US marine who told him kneeling was a mark of respect in the marines. So rather than sitting and being perceived to be disrespectful to the anthem he kneeled.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024