Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racism in Football 15:15 - Jul 16 with 1195 viewsBerber

I don't normally read The Guardian, but on this they seem to be the only rag that has bothered to do any research for themselves instead of hopping on the headline bandwagon.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/27/revealed-shocking-scale-twitter

I wholeheartedly decry racism in all its forms, but like to get a clear perspective on things. The media and political storm has been based on the actions of a significant minority of deviants. I tend to think that their time would have been better spent directing their messaging at said deviants and making it clear that this is not how the rest of civilised society expects its members to behave.

Over half the recorded incidents were about Taking the Knee, which may well be veiled racism, but at least is an acceptable argument not to involve politics in sport, even if you don't agree with them.

So less than 5% of the abusive posts were overtly racist, which must be a very small proportion of all comment on the games on social media. Still far too much, but surely not worth all the headlines detracting from the achievements of the team?
Racism in Football on 16:45 - Jul 16 with 1153 viewsRon11

Does it say where the posts came from? I can't see that information.
I would like to know how many came from Scotland and Wales.
Racism in Football on 17:07 - Jul 16 with 1132 viewsSadoldgit

Racism in Football on 16:45 - Jul 16 by Ron11

The taking of the knee, the Kick It Out campaign too started long before the Euro 2020 finals. Racism has been a problem in football for decades.
Racism in Football on 17:09 - Jul 16 with 1128 viewsRon11

Racism in Football on 17:07 - Jul 16 by Sadoldgit

The taking of the knee, the Kick It Out campaign too started long before the Euro 2020 finals. Racism has been a problem in football for decades.

The article refers to the recent Euro finals.
Racism in Football on 17:54 - Jul 16 with 1092 viewsBerber

Racism in Football on 16:45 - Jul 16 by Ron11

An interesting if divisive matter. I wonder?
Racism in Football on 07:40 - Jul 17 with 929 viewsJaySaint

To sum up

The graffiti on the Rashford mural was NOT racist.
Most of the racist comments on social media came from abroad.
Taking a knee is inextricably linked to BLM, a violent, extremist organisation.
It seems there are sinister forces at work, doing all they can to foment this hatred

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Racism in Football on 21:30 - Jul 17 with 867 viewsinthebox

Racism in Football on 07:40 - Jul 17 by JaySaint

To sum up

The graffiti on the Rashford mural was NOT racist.
Most of the racist comments on social media came from abroad.
Taking a knee is inextricably linked to BLM, a violent, extremist organisation.
It seems there are sinister forces at work, doing all they can to foment this hatred

https://blacklivesmatter.com/about/

BLM, a violent, extremist organisation? Just sounds as though black people don't want to pushed around by white people anymore.
Racism in Football on 22:52 - Jul 17 with 843 viewsMessysaints

Racism in Football on 21:30 - Jul 17 by inthebox

BLM, a violent, extremist organisation? Just sounds as though black people don't want to pushed around by white people anymore.

i dont see many none liberated black people in the UK, certainly dont while looking at the multi millionaires taking the knee while they are supposed to be playing football that i have paid alot of money to go see at the stadium. no where does it say i must watch a min of BBC commons at every bloody game.

lets free the black lives of the UK who are being deadly oppressed, in fact, Sterling is so oppressed, he was enslaved by his job forced at gun point to sign for Manchester City while sitting in chains dieing from hunger while earning 60 odd mill a year .......

My heart bleeds.............
Racism in Football on 22:55 - Jul 17 with 839 viewsMessysaints

Racism in Football on 21:30 - Jul 17 by inthebox

just for the record, i agree with what they are tryin to do, but for Blacklives only? No thanks.

At the football? Also no thanks. on the news sure, newpaper? sure. not at the bloody game man.. and every game too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024