Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Signing (Pie Supplier) 20:23 - Aug 4 with 15063 viewsWalboro

Could it be Hiltons or Tatterstalls??
New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:39 - Aug 5 with 3106 viewsjudd

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:26 - Aug 5 by Nigeriamark

So what's the local delicacy your way

Black peas with vinegar on Bonfire night? Parkin ( not the manager)?. Lots of good traditional grub up north. Used to have pigs trotter when I was younger too - Delicious

Duck

Poll: What is it to be then?

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:41 - Aug 5 with 3084 viewskel

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:15 - Aug 5 by joecooke

Cheers for that.Im exiled these days but will nip over to get some of these on your recommendation.

He does the minced ones too which, as you say, aren’t the real deal. Might be best to ring ahead to get him to put some skirt ones aside for you when you decide to visit just in case.
New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:42 - Aug 5 with 3078 viewskel

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 12:50 - Aug 5 by ncfc_chalky

The butcher that Kel recommends only does local deliverys for local people but Jackson's are willing to send them over the border,are Jackson's a decent butcher and do rag puddings travel well,tbh I fancy trying the lamb and mint ones as well so does anyone else of somewhere that does them?

Send me your address and I’ll post them myself. I owe you one (or maybe a few).
New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:51 - Aug 5 with 3049 viewsncfc_chalky

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:42 - Aug 5 by kel

Send me your address and I’ll post them myself. I owe you one (or maybe a few).

That's extremely kind of you Kel but I think that they would arrive damaged so I will pick some up when I visit but I'm grateful for the offer

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:54 - Aug 5 with 3023 viewskel

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:51 - Aug 5 by ncfc_chalky

That's extremely kind of you Kel but I think that they would arrive damaged so I will pick some up when I visit but I'm grateful for the offer

Let me know then and I’ll go over to save you the trip and give them to you in person.
New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 17:03 - Aug 5 with 2884 viewsblackdogblue

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:54 - Aug 5 by kel

Let me know then and I’ll go over to save you the trip and give them to you in person.

He cant come in person to Rochdale, he is still in rehab & having counselling for the Euros prediction league loss

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 11:32 - Aug 6 with 2699 viewstodmordendale

Pie threads always receive a volume of response which confirms the importance of the savoury snack to supporters welfare and well being.
New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 12:06 - Aug 9 with 2451 viewsDaleiLama

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 10:28 - Aug 5 by ncfc_chalky

A 12.5kg pack!

You can't possibly need such an amount,how long to they last anyway? (best before date not how long it takes you to get through them),I can remember Morton's mushy pies back in the 70''s but you know what,the 80's arrived and we moved on,I can imagine me going into some backstreet sweet shop and saying how good they've made it look all traditional and retro with their wares and being informed that's it not retro and it's been unchanged since my dad passed it on to me and his dad passed it on to him and....

........... I know you've been sat at home waiting for an update Chalky, so here it is. "Produced" in May 21, "best before" (very loose term and usually an absolute minimum) May 23. Sure they'll last longer as long as they don't get damp.

They are great in pea and ham soup, veg soup and chicken soup too.

Got the first batch steeping now as I got brought home a big wedge of cheese and onion pie as a pressie ..... just waiting for the peas now. Yum

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:13 - Aug 9 with 2299 viewsncfc_chalky

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 12:06 - Aug 9 by DaleiLama

........... I know you've been sat at home waiting for an update Chalky, so here it is. "Produced" in May 21, "best before" (very loose term and usually an absolute minimum) May 23. Sure they'll last longer as long as they don't get damp.

They are great in pea and ham soup, veg soup and chicken soup too.

Got the first batch steeping now as I got brought home a big wedge of cheese and onion pie as a pressie ..... just waiting for the peas now. Yum

That's a long shelf life and if you've got a year to get through them then I stand corrected...

But there is absolutely no excuse for a CHEESE and onion pie though,just the mere thought of the smell would make me want to tip the peas out of the bag so I could boff into it

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:15 - Aug 9 with 2296 viewsjudd

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:13 - Aug 9 by ncfc_chalky

That's a long shelf life and if you've got a year to get through them then I stand corrected...

But there is absolutely no excuse for a CHEESE and onion pie though,just the mere thought of the smell would make me want to tip the peas out of the bag so I could boff into it

So you'd just have onion pie, Chalky?

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:18 - Aug 9 with 2285 viewskel

FFS, chalks. Cheese and onion pie with beans is one of the finest meals there is.

Sort yourself out.
New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:25 - Aug 9 with 2259 viewsncfc_chalky

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:18 - Aug 9 by kel

FFS, chalks. Cheese and onion pie with beans is one of the finest meals there is.

Sort yourself out.

Cheese is the worst food ever Kel,it's just repulsive and the devil's excrement,I would sooner have a tripe cob for my tea than eat it,I can understand you northerners liking it but why the world embraces it is one of life's great mysteries to me

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:26 - Aug 9 with 2254 viewskel

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:25 - Aug 9 by ncfc_chalky

Cheese is the worst food ever Kel,it's just repulsive and the devil's excrement,I would sooner have a tripe cob for my tea than eat it,I can understand you northerners liking it but why the world embraces it is one of life's great mysteries to me

Judd doesn’t like it either.

Weirdos.
New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:27 - Aug 9 with 2252 viewsncfc_chalky

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:15 - Aug 9 by judd

So you'd just have onion pie, Chalky?

You're just being silly now Judd

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:31 - Aug 9 with 2245 viewsjudd

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:27 - Aug 9 by ncfc_chalky

You're just being silly now Judd

We agree on summat, Chalky - cheese is vile.

Except in cheese and onion crisps.

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:48 - Aug 9 with 2198 viewsD_Alien

Personally speaking, i stuff as much cheese into my gob as time and availability allows

My gf likes it too...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:50 - Aug 9 with 2186 viewsdawlishdale

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:48 - Aug 9 by D_Alien

Personally speaking, i stuff as much cheese into my gob as time and availability allows

My gf likes it too...

Shuts you up for a while eh?
New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:51 - Aug 9 with 2178 viewsD_Alien

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:50 - Aug 9 by dawlishdale

Shuts you up for a while eh?

The latter shuts her up...

PS: it's possible to type with my mouth full. Maybe you can't?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 13:56]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 14:02 - Aug 9 with 2125 viewsDaleiLama

Fuzzy maths has been around since the 60s, but I don't think it was ever intended to describe "County" accounting i.e. May 21 - May 23 = "a year to get through them". The only way that could be considered a year (singular) would be if BBM were still our manager in which case, granted, 1 year could easily seem like 2!

Anyway, cheese and onion pie (as long as it is cheese and onion and not adulterated with tater pieces or even worse, latterly, in some places, mashed potato to keep the cost down and profit up) is one of the greatest inventions of mankind and a fave of mine since childhood. Wonderful stuff.

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 14:26 - Aug 9 with 2064 viewsncfc_chalky

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 14:02 - Aug 9 by DaleiLama

Fuzzy maths has been around since the 60s, but I don't think it was ever intended to describe "County" accounting i.e. May 21 - May 23 = "a year to get through them". The only way that could be considered a year (singular) would be if BBM were still our manager in which case, granted, 1 year could easily seem like 2!

Anyway, cheese and onion pie (as long as it is cheese and onion and not adulterated with tater pieces or even worse, latterly, in some places, mashed potato to keep the cost down and profit up) is one of the greatest inventions of mankind and a fave of mine since childhood. Wonderful stuff.

Aye,I've got no idea nor excuse why I thought that it was a year before the use by date and it's makes even more sense to buy in bulk now that you've pointed it out

I quite fancy trying those lamb and mint rag puddings out that Kel(?) suggested,does anybody know where you can buy them online plus what's apple rag puddings all about then,it just doesn't seem right even to a...(sigh)...:southerner', are they popular?

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 14:33 - Aug 9 with 2042 viewsDaleiLama

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 14:26 - Aug 9 by ncfc_chalky

Aye,I've got no idea nor excuse why I thought that it was a year before the use by date and it's makes even more sense to buy in bulk now that you've pointed it out

I quite fancy trying those lamb and mint rag puddings out that Kel(?) suggested,does anybody know where you can buy them online plus what's apple rag puddings all about then,it just doesn't seem right even to a...(sigh)...:southerner', are they popular?

Chuckle ..... as you are "a man of a certain age", I'm absolutley sure you had jam roly poly and spotted dick at school - both steamed and containing suet (at least back then). Suet is just a fat that can be used in pastry.

https://www.yummly.co.uk/recipes/suet-puddings-dessert
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 14:33]

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 14:33 - Aug 9 with 2040 viewsncfc_chalky

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:48 - Aug 9 by D_Alien

My gf likes it too...

Honestly,that last line made me feel nauseous 🤢

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 21:53 - Aug 9 with 1852 viewsblackdogblue

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 14:33 - Aug 9 by ncfc_chalky

Honestly,that last line made me feel nauseous 🤢

Just looked on the fans guide I use for away games, parking etc.. & apparently NCFC have Pukka Pies?…

Shoo…..Chalky

I have been so waiting to say that my sides are hurting from 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:22 - Aug 11 with 1629 viewsJames1980

[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 13:23]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

New Signing (Pie Supplier) on 13:28 - Aug 11 with 1595 viewskel

Looks bloody good that. Well done to the club for trying something different and thinking of the fans. Them two clowns we got rid of probably thought “I don’t have to eat it so serve that lot any old shite”.

Dipping a pie in a bovril is about as northern as it gets too. Sounds like heaven.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024