Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players Leaving- fans reaction 12:47 - Aug 12 with 1700 viewssotonian

Hi, long time since i posted on here

Looking at the Grealish transfer, virtually all Villa Fans are wishing him well, for some reason we don't have the same reaction when our players leave, thinking back to when Lalanna left, who'd been with us a similar amount of time here as Grealish was at Villa, it was certainly not the same reaction from us
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 12:48]
Players Leaving- fans reaction on 13:46 - Aug 12 with 1616 viewsSadoldgit

I think it was the way he left that was the problem. We gave Lambert a warm send off. I think it just depends on the circumstances. Neither VVD or Lovren covered themselves with glory when they went.
Players Leaving- fans reaction on 14:04 - Aug 12 with 1589 viewssaintwizzler

The Villa fans around here, ST holders, think he’s a Kunt.
They’re not the sort to moan about it on social media though.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Players Leaving- fans reaction on 15:05 - Aug 12 with 1522 viewsdirk_doone

A lot of it started with the negative PR 'leaks' Les Reed made before he sold players, about them being greedy, lazy, big headed, etc, most of which were probably not true. They seemed to turn most of our fans against the players and now that attitude has stuck.

It's a shame really because in the long term it is bad for the reputation of the club in the football community as the memories of our ex-players and managers are soured and word gets around.

Before, we used to wish well to players we sold to bigger, wealthier or more ambitious clubs and so when they retired we were always one of the clubs they praised. Channon, Shearer and Keegan are 3 of the Saints Legends on Saintsweb yet they all wanted to leave us for other clubs. Most fans still have good memories of them and they do of us too.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 11:07]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Players Leaving- fans reaction on 15:13 - Aug 12 with 1509 viewsdirk_doone

Players Leaving- fans reaction on 13:46 - Aug 12 by Sadoldgit

I think it was the way he left that was the problem. We gave Lambert a warm send off. I think it just depends on the circumstances. Neither VVD or Lovren covered themselves with glory when they went.

I've heard from more than one source that Kat and Les planned to sell van Dijk in the summer transfer window, as it was club policy to sell our best players to turn a profit. But, Gao refused to pay Kat if van Dijk was sold before he took over. So the transfer was delayed until the January window and meanwhile we got that cock and bull story from Old Les about the club not wanting to sell the player and lots of negative PR leaks, which seemed to create some real hatred for van Dijk from the fans. Keegan walked out on us almost without any warning and it cost us dearly on the pitch yet there is no hatred for him. Channon said he wanted to play for a bigger club to advance his career and there was no hatred for him either.

Lambert was at the end of his career and the club made it very clear publicly that they wanted to cash in on him and wished him well on what they called "a dream move" to Liverpool. No wonder Lallana, who'd given the club many more years' service than Lambert, wanted his dream move too.

I know few fans will agree with me as hatred is an irrational emotion and once it's there, it's there to stay, and Old Les was a master manipulator at stirring it up against the managers and players he fell out with.

If the club had been honest and told the fans they wanted to sell van Dik, Lovren etc, I guess they feared the fans would turn against the board and owners but it would have been better if they'd said or 'leaked' nothing, which is the way it used to be.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 15:30]

Players Leaving- fans reaction on 16:41 - Aug 12 with 1412 viewsSadoldgit

I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, but did Les force VVD to go on strike, Lallana to act like a C**t or Lovren to tell us his head was already at Anfield?
Players Leaving- fans reaction on 17:19 - Aug 12 with 1362 viewsdirk_doone

Players Leaving- fans reaction on 16:41 - Aug 12 by Sadoldgit

I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, but did Les force VVD to go on strike, Lallana to act like a C**t or Lovren to tell us his head was already at Anfield?

Another one suckered by Old Les's negative PR 'leaks' to the internet and media. To be fair to you, a lot were and so much hatred was stirred up that they still use words like c**nt for our ex-players and managers: something that, thankfully, didn't happen before at our club. Anyone who stopped and thought about it for a moment, would, of course, realize that accounts of things that supposedly happened behind closed doors in negotiations could only have originated from one source and not a very trustworthy one at that. Did you personally see these things happen? Ultimately, it's just rumour mongering.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 17:36]

Players Leaving- fans reaction on 18:49 - Aug 12 with 1249 viewsBison

I can't recall any bad feeling when Bale , Bridge or Shaw left. Even Bertrand has not got that bad a press about leaving.

It must be a left back thing.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Players Leaving- fans reaction on 19:27 - Aug 12 with 1211 viewsSadoldgit

Players Leaving- fans reaction on 17:19 - Aug 12 by dirk_doone

Another one suckered by Old Les's negative PR 'leaks' to the internet and media. To be fair to you, a lot were and so much hatred was stirred up that they still use words like c**nt for our ex-players and managers: something that, thankfully, didn't happen before at our club. Anyone who stopped and thought about it for a moment, would, of course, realize that accounts of things that supposedly happened behind closed doors in negotiations could only have originated from one source and not a very trustworthy one at that. Did you personally see these things happen? Ultimately, it's just rumour mongering.

No I didn’t but it doesn’t mean that they didn’t happen. We can’t prove it either way can we? I think it is pretty clear that VVD refused to play though.
Login to get fewer ads

Players Leaving- fans reaction on 06:35 - Aug 13 with 1045 viewsBicester_North

Players Leaving- fans reaction on 17:19 - Aug 12 by dirk_doone

Not everything is skewed all in one direction. Some players were clearly at fault with their attitude, some there could’ve been an element of Reed or others doing deals, but do you have evidence or see these conversations that you speak of with Reed etc?

Our fans also hated Dean Richards and Kenwyne Jones after they left, and the likes of Rod Wallace and Flowers got plenty of grief. It didn’t all begin in Reed’s time.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Players Leaving- fans reaction on 07:56 - Aug 13 with 997 viewssaint68

Players Leaving- fans reaction on 06:35 - Aug 13 by Bicester_North

Not everything is skewed all in one direction. Some players were clearly at fault with their attitude, some there could’ve been an element of Reed or others doing deals, but do you have evidence or see these conversations that you speak of with Reed etc?

Our fans also hated Dean Richards and Kenwyne Jones after they left, and the likes of Rod Wallace and Flowers got plenty of grief. It didn’t all begin in Reed’s time.

Still hate Tim Flowers to this day...a proper knobhead

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Players Leaving- fans reaction on 10:05 - Aug 13 with 947 viewsBerber

Players Leaving- fans reaction on 19:27 - Aug 12 by Sadoldgit

No I didn’t but it doesn’t mean that they didn’t happen. We can’t prove it either way can we? I think it is pretty clear that VVD refused to play though.

It is a Dutch thing.
Players Leaving- fans reaction on 10:54 - Aug 13 with 916 viewsButty101

Players Leaving- fans reaction on 07:56 - Aug 13 by saint68

Still hate Tim Flowers to this day...a proper knobhead

What did Flowers do? He was always one of my favs!

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024