Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Net spend champions once again 09:38 - Sep 1 with 3126 viewsButty101

Great work by the club, it’s like winning a real title

https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/11096/12383696/premier-league-transfers-

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Net spend champions once again on 17:26 - Sep 4 with 422 viewsSadoldgit

You can have all the ambition in the world but without very deep pockets your chances of achieving those ambitions if they involve breaking into the top echelon of the EPL are very poor. The chances of sustaining that year after year virtually non-existent. There is nothing wrong with trying to be as competitive as you can within your means. It is not as if things have ever been any different. Any dregs of success we get we earn the hard way. Frankly I prefer that to buying success like City and Chelsea.
Net spend champions once again on 18:36 - Sep 4 with 398 viewsKennington

Net spend champions once again on 17:26 - Sep 4 by Sadoldgit

You can have all the ambition in the world but without very deep pockets your chances of achieving those ambitions if they involve breaking into the top echelon of the EPL are very poor. The chances of sustaining that year after year virtually non-existent. There is nothing wrong with trying to be as competitive as you can within your means. It is not as if things have ever been any different. Any dregs of success we get we earn the hard way. Frankly I prefer that to buying success like City and Chelsea.

My points above are not that we could/can move into the top 6, but that we’ve had a golden opportunity and an opportunity that only the top 6 and Everton have had over the past 10 years, which is continuously being in the richest league in the world. It’s just quite depressing that all this time later we still have to sell before we buy and there’s no talk at all of things like Europe. Such ambitions are right now completely unrealistic.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2021 18:39]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Net spend champions once again on 18:57 - Sep 4 with 381 viewsgrumpy

Net spend champions once again on 18:36 - Sep 4 by Kennington

My points above are not that we could/can move into the top 6, but that we’ve had a golden opportunity and an opportunity that only the top 6 and Everton have had over the past 10 years, which is continuously being in the richest league in the world. It’s just quite depressing that all this time later we still have to sell before we buy and there’s no talk at all of things like Europe. Such ambitions are right now completely unrealistic.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2021 18:39]

We have been in the Premiership 22 years (out of it 2005-12) since 1992 and the biggest club on the South Coast,
The potential is there.
With the right investment, who knows what could be achieved.
When I think of the players we have let go it shouldn't really surprise us how we are so under achieved.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024