Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The second half 14:37 - Sep 1 with 1040 viewsScrappy2020

Apparently we have strengthened our defence to avoid more second half defeats,however I believe I am right in saying all our goals have ben conceded in the second half,perhaps this is coincidence!.My opinion wrong it may well be is that we bought well and sold well but I would like to see a change in tactics at half time or early in the second half. In the Man U game Ralph brought on Bednarek at half time and changed to a back 5 with Livramento and KWP acting as wing backs which I think worked well-we even looked stronger later in the game! however this did not happen against Newcastle and we looked thin at the back.KWP against Man U replaced Perraud who played well but looked exhausted after an hour.Livramento looked fitter and was able to keep going-but we had at times a five man defence which worked well,only conceding one goal against Man Utd is acceptable.When we press in the first half a back four is ok but when we tire in the second,try a back five!
The second half on 17:33 - Sep 1 with 931 viewsBicester_North

I’m hoping Ralph wants to try this more, maybe this Gorilla bloke has been signed with a view to this so that he can join up defence and midfield in a bit of a 4-1-2-1-2 approach.

The weakness I can see is that you need good centre backs who can cover the full backs when they get forward, and nobody is very confident out centre backs are positionally good enough to do this.

Although they did a good job against Man U.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The second half on 19:08 - Sep 1 with 852 viewsdirk_doone

There is a difference so far this season. Last season, we were strong in the first half and grew progressively weaker in the second until we were barely hanging on in the last quarter. This season, we are again strong in the first half although not flying out of the blocks in the first quarter like we did last season, still weak in the first quarter of the second but strong in the final quarter. We are saving something for the crucial final quarter of the game, which is when most goals are scored. That is an improvement in terms of game management and it helps explain how we were able to get a late equaliser at Newcastle this season whereas last season we couldn't score when Newcastle were reduced to 9 men.

It's still early season but the players look like they may have had improved fitness training. I remember when Ings first arrived. He looked so much fitter than our other players and was still full of running at the end of the game, reflecting the superior fitness training he'd had at Liverpool.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 19:25]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024